Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
SonicElectronix.com - 1-877-BUY-SONIC
Up to $30.00 in FREE custom install kits on select car stereos. Largest selection online, great prices, Daily Deals and FREE shipping on most products. We are an authorized dealer for Infinity, JBL, JVC, Kicker, MTX, Vibe, RE Audio and others.
Car Audio Black Friday Sales!
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > Head Units > Need help with factory radio... now doesn't work.
Go Back Pages (1): [1]
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
JohnCena

Need help with factory radio... now doesn't work.

Ok, so my factory radio has worked fine for the last 3 or 4 years (since I bought the vehicle), and now all of a sudden it is having problems. The radio itself works randomly when it wants to now. The radio itself is powered, but there is nothing coming out of the speakers, as if its locked up, when this happens, I can't even turn the radio to a different station. It's locked into the same station I was listening to before. The clock is always resetting, BUT all my previous set radio stations are still in sets 1-6. So it can't be the memory wire right? Randomly, when I am having this problem, when I'm driving down the road, than sound will come back through all 4 speakers, and I am able to turn to different radio stations, as if it just unlocked or something else. Please keep in mind the stereo and all speakers and wiring is all factory, they have worked fine for the last 3 or 4 years since I owned the vehicle. I have 3 reasons possibly for this: 1: Something is shorting in the wiring coming into the stereo 2: There is something wrong internally with the stereo itself and needs to be replaced 3: One of the speakers is shorting out causing to lock the stereo at times/randomly. If you have ever heard of this problem or know the solution, please give me some insight before I start taking apart the dash, which is kind of a pain in the ass for 95 S10, or if I should have another factory radio installed. Please any comments will be helpful. Thank you all.

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 05-12-2010 11:27 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for JohnCena Click here to Send JohnCena a Private Message Find more posts by JohnCena Add JohnCena to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
KJM01

most likely it is a short in a speaker somewhere which will sometimes make the radio act funny try using a digital multimeter to find the shorted speaker, and then connections on back of the radio, if you dont find anything, it just might be the radio.

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 05-14-2010 12:18 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for KJM01 Click here to Send KJM01 a Private Message Find more posts by KJM01 Add KJM01 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (1): [1]

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. Rol886, from Rockaway Beach, NY. Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. banelsonms, from Moss Point, MS. weezer4rock, from , . jaboran, from swanton, OH. N2Audio, from Lawrence, KS. wolfantry, from erie, PA. 2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. IBBumpin, from Columbus, NE. tjsaudio, from anytown, MI. kaotiksyko, from , CO. punkroc719, from Winchester, VA. Andrew, from Linden, MI. #1audio, from newport, NC. torawi01, from Corpus Christi, TX. Stripedss, from Hampton, GA. NRred2, from New York, NY. becesaudio, from davao city, AL. ipodzrcool, from , AL.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting