Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
OnlineCarStereo.com
The best and biggest selection of mobile audio/stereo, multimedia/navigation and accessories at the lowest prices! Kenwood, Pioneer, Rockford Fosgate, JVC, Sony, Clarion, Jensen, Infinity, Kicker and more...
Car Audio Black Friday Sales!
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > Head Units > Outputs on h/u. Help
Go Back Pages (1): [1]
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
brandonmississippi

Outputs on h/u. Help

Ok here's the deal. I have two amps. A mono, and a four channel. The four channel amp requires two sets out inputs to get signal to all four channels. It has a set of outputs on it. My mono amp only has 1 set of inputs, no outputs. So pretty much, i guess i have to run two rca's to the four channel, and out of it to the mono. Will i be losing any sound or voltage doing this. That's what the audio shop told me. Also my h/u is a pioneer dehP5800. It says it has three pre amp outputs on it. Would it be better to just run three sets of rca's to the amps, or just two, and one off the 4 channel to the mono? Please excuse my ignorance, but this is why i'm asking. To find out. Thanks.  p.s. The audio shop tried to talk me in to buying a line driver. They said it would make the amps a lot louder, without hurting them. Is this true?

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 05-27-2010 10:23 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for brandonmississippi Click here to Send brandonmississippi a Private Message Find more posts by brandonmississippi Add brandonmississippi to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Endo50

RE: Outputs on h/u. Help

quote:
Originally posted on 05-27-2010 by brandonmississippi

Ok here's the deal. I have two amps. A mono, and a four channel. The four channel amp requires two sets out inputs to get signal to all four channels. It has a set of outputs on it. My mono amp only has 1 set of inputs, no outputs. So pretty much, i guess i have to run two rca's to the four channel, and out of it to the mono. Will i be losing any sound or voltage doing this. That's what the audio shop told me. Also my h/u is a pioneer dehP5800. It says it has three pre amp outputs on it. Would it be better to just run three sets of rca's to the amps, or just two, and one off the 4 channel to the mono? Please excuse my ignorance, but this is why i'm asking. To find out. Thanks.  p.s. The audio shop tried to talk me in to buying a line driver. They said it would make the amps a lot louder, without hurting them. Is this true?

Ok  most Pioneer HU's have 3 sets of out puts, two for the front,two for the rear and two for the sub amps. So what you do is on pair of rca's from the rca frount output of the hu to the front rca input of the 4ch amp,the second rca cable runs from the rear rca output to the second set of rca inputs of the amp, the third rca cable runs from the rca sub out to the input rca of the mono block amp. no you will not be losing any voltage the hu is set up for this.

New Post 05-29-2010 09:36 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Endo50 Click here to Send Endo50 a Private Message Find more posts by Endo50 Add Endo50 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
brandonmississippi

RE: RE: Outputs on h/u. Help

quote:
Originally posted on 05-29-2010 by Endo50

Ok  most Pioneer HU's have 3 sets of out puts, two for the front,two for the rear and two for the sub amps. So what you do is on pair of rca's from the rca frount output of the hu to the front rca input of the 4ch amp,the second rca cable runs from the rear rca output to the second set of rca inputs of the amp, the third rca cable runs from the rca sub out to the input rca of the mono block amp. no you will not be losing any voltage the hu is set up for this.

Thanks man

New Post 05-29-2010 11:25 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for brandonmississippi Click here to Send brandonmississippi a Private Message Find more posts by brandonmississippi Add brandonmississippi to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
brandonmississippi

RE: RE: Outputs on h/u. Help

quote:
Originally posted on 05-29-2010 by Endo50

I did exactly like you told me, and all sounds good execpt for channels 3 & 4 on my amp. I've got them getting signal from the "rear" output of the h/u. I can swap the RCAs around to where it sounds good from the "front" output, but anything being signaled from the rear output sounds screechy, high pitched, and just flat out bad. What options do I have now? I'm frustrated!!

New Post 05-30-2010 01:01 AM
brandonmississippi

Ok, got my h/u problem taken care of. Only thing that i'm confused with now is the SW subwoofer controls on the h/u.  I had been just running the sub rcas from the regular rca output. Now i'm using the sub output. And on the screen you can put it on 50.80, or 120 hz. What does this mean. I have it on 120 cause it's the loudest. Also it says "sub" and you can increase or decrease up to 6 or negative 6. Would 0 be ideal for no distortion. It sounds friggen sweet when i turn the sub up to 4 or 5 on the screen, but i don't want my amp to struggle. I could care less about the sub i have. Any advice?

New Post 05-30-2010 10:19 PM
taylorpro

alright the 50,80, and 120 numbers are low pass filter settings that ur h/u has built in. 80 would be a general good setting. as for the 0 to 6 thing, that it subwoofer level. in other words, the same kinda thing as treble and bass adjustments. it does act as output gain though so don't crank on it. maybe 2 or so to be safe. also, just to make sure, have ur gains on ur sub amp set right to make sure ur gettin the most out of it

New Post 06-13-2010 11:38 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for taylorpro Click here to Send taylorpro a Private Message Find more posts by taylorpro Add taylorpro to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
KJM01

the 50hz setting is best for songs with more bass, the 120 setting is for songs with less bass eg. 50hz for lil wayne and 120 for michael jackson, i have that option on my unit but it doesnt make way too much diff, mostly suttle

New Post 06-17-2010 10:47 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for KJM01 Click here to Send KJM01 a Private Message Find more posts by KJM01 Add KJM01 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (1): [1]

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. kaotiksyko, from , CO. Rol886, from Rockaway Beach, NY. Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. banelsonms, from Moss Point, MS. weezer4rock, from , . jaboran, from swanton, OH. N2Audio, from Lawrence, KS. wolfantry, from erie, PA. IBBumpin, from Columbus, NE. tjsaudio, from anytown, MI. punkroc719, from Winchester, VA. Andrew, from Linden, MI. #1audio, from newport, NC. torawi01, from Corpus Christi, TX. Stripedss, from Hampton, GA. NRred2, from New York, NY. becesaudio, from davao city, AL. ipodzrcool, from , AL.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting