Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
OnlineCarStereo.com
The best and biggest selection of mobile audio/stereo, multimedia/navigation and accessories at the lowest prices! Kenwood, Pioneer, Rockford Fosgate, JVC, Sony, Clarion, Jensen, Infinity, Kicker and more...
Car Audio Black Friday Sales!
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > Car Audio Competitions and Shows > it's asimple question does anyone know the answer
Go Back Pages (3): [1] 2 3  Next next page
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
jesskrza

it's asimple question does anyone know the answer

what is a good db for two 10's?

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 07-08-2010 03:52 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for jesskrza Click here to Send jesskrza a Private Message Find more posts by jesskrza Add jesskrza to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
KJM01

RE: it's asimple question does anyone know the answer

quote:
Originally posted on 07-08-2010 by jesskrza

what is a good db for two 10's?

150db lol it depends how much power you put on them!

New Post 07-09-2010 09:24 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for KJM01 Click here to Send KJM01 a Private Message Find more posts by KJM01 Add KJM01 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jesskrza

well i did some reading last night on rules. im going to have to go with three ten's and 1000 watt's. street stock B class i believe it was. i have a 2 farad cap. plus batt. is to big for the A class. so what should i shot for? if i break 150 db will i be around the top in the street stock B class you think?

New Post 07-09-2010 03:29 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for jesskrza Click here to Send jesskrza a Private Message Find more posts by jesskrza Add jesskrza to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
KJM01

i dont think 150 and it also depends what vehicle and how its set up. so three 10''s w/ 1000w each is alot have you done any electrical yet?

New Post 07-09-2010 06:59 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for KJM01 Click here to Send KJM01 a Private Message Find more posts by KJM01 Add KJM01 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jesskrza

1000 watt's total is all you can use in the class. i hit 140 db with my to 10's and 600 watts? any guess what 3 with 1000 watts total would do. yeah im sure you will laugh but they are loud subs. i have 10 inch infinity reference series 1052's. they are only 250 watts rms.              do you know anything about these subs?wondering how much you can push to them before they blow?

New Post 07-10-2010 03:43 AM
KJM01

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 07-10-2010 by jesskrza

1000 watt's total is all you can use in the class. i hit 140 db with my to 10's and 600 watts? any guess what 3 with 1000 watts total would do. yeah im sure you will laugh but they are loud subs. i have 10 inch infinity reference series 1052's. they are only 250 watts rms.              do you know anything about these subs?wondering how much you can push to them before they blow?

i used to have the 1252w which was rms 300w and i had 400w on it. the sub took it for a few days then i turned the gain down with no problems, you might be able to get away with 333w to each sub for a bit. how long do the subs have to play for?cause when you wire the subs thell end up with a 2.67ohm load.  so if you find an amp that'll do 1000w at that load i think you could pull off a 142-143db maybe more or less. hows the box gonna look?

New Post 07-10-2010 11:36 AM
jesskrza

you can run them up to twenty seconds. they don't have to run more then 5 just enough to hit the highest db.  the speaker's i don't get why the rate them the way they do cause they are. 250 rms 1000 peak. was thinking maybe 250 pure voice coil. but infinity said no they are just 250. well we will find out i guess my amp will be here next week. since i have five subs im going to put 500 watts to one see what happens.

New Post 07-10-2010 01:52 PM
jesskrza

as far as the box i have no idea. somebody said his friend biulds custom boxes built for the max db. well that's the last i heard about it. got ant idea.

New Post 07-10-2010 01:55 PM
KJM01

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 07-10-2010 by jesskrza

you can run them up to twenty seconds. they don't have to run more then 5 just enough to hit the highest db.  the speaker's i don't get why the rate them the way they do cause they are. 250 rms 1000 peak. was thinking maybe 250 pure voice coil. but infinity said no they are just 250. well we will find out i guess my amp will be here next week. since i have five subs im going to put 500 watts to one see what happens.

I had the 1252w 12'' its 300 rms the 1052w 10'' is 250, and for 5sec you just might get away with it, yes the box is a very important part of a spl build, if you need a custom box try over at   caraudioclassifieds.com there is a person there by the name of SPY, he's got his own page there and thats all he does is build boxes for people check it out he's got good prices and ships them to you if need be.

New Post 07-11-2010 09:24 AM
jesskrza

ok so i might sound stupid for asking this but going to anyway. if they really are only 250 rms for the sub and not each voice coil. how can the peak be 1000 watts? every sub i ever saw peak was double rms.

New Post 07-11-2010 10:36 PM
KJM01

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 07-11-2010 by jesskrza

ok so i might sound stupid for asking this but going to anyway. if they really are only 250 rms for the sub and not each voice coil. how can the peak be 1000 watts? every sub i ever saw peak was double rms.

the peak is what the sub can handle for a brief split second like on heavy bass notes, but 1000w will blow your subs in less than 5 sec, you might, might get away w/500rms like you wanted to test for 5 sec, but if you have three 10''s with 1000w you only need 333w to each sub they can do that

New Post 07-12-2010 09:58 AM
jesskrza

well i will do that. hopefully with that and the box i can break the 151 db. cause the one guy is cheating with his one 12 inch  fi sub and 3000 watts and running the street stock  b class. is it true i should switch from my class a/b amp to a class d ?

New Post 07-12-2010 07:04 PM
KJM01

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 07-12-2010 by jesskrza

well i will do that. hopefully with that and the box i can break the 151 db. cause the one guy is cheating with his one 12 inch  fi sub and 3000 watts and running the street stock  b class. is it true i should switch from my class a/b amp to a class d ?

the class a/b depending on the design getts hotter and some are less efficent so it takes more power to make power. so alot of people use the class d because it doesnt strain your electrical as much,

and as far as his amp he may be running at 2 ohm? that would be 1500w but still too much.

what amp are you going to use for your three subs?

New Post 07-12-2010 11:10 PM
jesskrza

it is the zeus series hifonics zxi 1010 .  250 x 2 at 4 ohms. 500 x 2 at 2 ohms. bridged 1000 x 1 at 4 ohms .  so do you know how to wirer speakers? in that class you can only use 4 lead wires. from what they said that would be 2 + and 2 - wires. so how do i hook up the third sub and stay at two ohms?

New Post 07-13-2010 01:21 AM
KJM01

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 07-13-2010 by jesskrza

it is the zeus series hifonics zxi 1010 .  250 x 2 at 4 ohms. 500 x 2 at 2 ohms. bridged 1000 x 1 at 4 ohms .  so do you know how to wirer speakers? in that class you can only use 4 lead wires. from what they said that would be 2 + and 2 - wires. so how do i hook up the third sub and stay at two ohms?

let me start that to wire 3 4ohm dvc subs, you will end up with a 2.67ohm load when you wire the subs in paralell and the voice coils in series. you will end up with one + and one neg.-. the downside to this is that your amp at a 2.67 ohm load will only put out about 350-400w total to the subs!! you need a bigger amp, I looked around for an amp that would fit the bill, which kinda coincides with you telling me someone has a 3000w amp,( they would have to run it at the same load as you will with three woofers thats the only way to wire them up properly)

so i saw a Hifonics Brutus Bxi (its a big amp)  at 4 ohms it is 850w,  at 2 ohms it is 1700w. So when you wire that bad boy down to 2.67 ohms(woofers in paralell,voice coils in series)youll get a little more than 1200w, and with the gain turned down just a bit youll get a good 1000w with a little extra to spare haha. you want more and be able to turn it down than to have not enough!!!!  if you need a visual on how to wire the subs   check out   the12volt.com and they have a woofer wiring diagram that shows you the options on how to wire subs

New Post 07-13-2010 10:59 AM
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (3): [1] 2 3  Next next page

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. Rol886, from Rockaway Beach, NY. Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. reagan1, from Rowlett, TX. soltany, from beirut, MI. 2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. kaotiksyko, from , CO. banelsonms, from Moss Point, MS. weezer4rock, from , . jaboran, from swanton, OH. N2Audio, from Lawrence, KS. wolfantry, from erie, PA. IBBumpin, from Columbus, NE. tjsaudio, from anytown, MI. punkroc719, from Winchester, VA. Andrew, from Linden, MI. #1audio, from newport, NC. torawi01, from Corpus Christi, TX. Stripedss, from Hampton, GA. NRred2, from New York, NY.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting