Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
OnlineCarStereo.com
The best and biggest selection of mobile audio/stereo, multimedia/navigation and accessories at the lowest prices! Kenwood, Pioneer, Rockford Fosgate, JVC, Sony, Clarion, Jensen, Infinity, Kicker and more...
Car Audio Black Friday Sales!
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > Amplifiers > DIGITAL DESIGN AMPLIFIERS
Go Back Pages (2): [1] 2  Next next page
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
mhubbard

DIGITAL DESIGN AMPLIFIERS

How is the quality of Digital Design amplifiers? I know they are an underground company that makes high quality car audio products but can their amps stand the test of time. Do their 4 channel amplifiers put out good clean sound provided the speakers and head units are top notch?  I am basically tired of Rockford Fosgate.  RF is a good brand I just want to go in another direction.  Are they a top notch brand?

Thanks

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 07-09-2010 09:31 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for mhubbard Click here to Send mhubbard a Private Message Find more posts by mhubbard Add mhubbard to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GILLETTE

RE: DIGITAL DESIGN AMPLIFIERS

quote:
Originally posted on 07-09-2010 by mhubbard

How is the quality of Digital Design amplifiers? I know they are an underground company that makes high quality car audio products but can their amps stand the test of time. Do their 4 channel amplifiers put out good clean sound provided the speakers and head units are top notch?  I am basically tired of Rockford Fosgate.  RF is a good brand I just want to go in another direction.  Are they a top notch brand?

Thanks

i am wondering the same thing as you are. except i am trying to get away from kicker...lol, i am looking at audioque amplifiers as well as DDaudio. if i find that ddaudio is better and close to the same pricing i will go that direction! i hope someone will post some input on here.......................

New Post 07-14-2010 09:21 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for GILLETTE Click here to Send GILLETTE a Private Message Find more posts by GILLETTE Add GILLETTE to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mhubbard

I can tell you right now that DD will be better than Audioque.  DD will be more expensive but if installed right and taken care of right I am sure that both brands will give years and years of troublefree service.

New Post 07-15-2010 08:26 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for mhubbard Click here to Send mhubbard a Private Message Find more posts by mhubbard Add mhubbard to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
larrypeters86

DD is the sister company of AQ. I believe they are built in the same buildhouse. I would consider them both to be a very good example of quality from China. Or Korea wherever they are made. The DD is more expensive and it probobly should be. These companies order their amps to be built with the parts they desire. Hence the DD would be superior to AQ. It certainly doesn't mean the AQ is garbage though. 

New Post 07-15-2010 08:39 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for larrypeters86 Click here to Send larrypeters86 a Private Message Find more posts by larrypeters86 Add larrypeters86 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kingTITAN

DD makes good solid amps, they cost more but they are more than worth it. I run an M3 on 2 3510's and a C4a on arc audio comp. until i can get my hands on dd German comp.

New Post 07-26-2010 10:16 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for kingTITAN Click here to Send kingTITAN a Private Message Find more posts by kingTITAN Add kingTITAN to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GILLETTE

how much more? what did you pay for your M3? i plan to run by a ddaudio shop this week but if anyone could give me a good heads up i would be greatful this way i can call the dealers bluff and get down to business!!!!!! thanks guys<<<

New Post 07-27-2010 02:02 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for GILLETTE Click here to Send GILLETTE a Private Message Find more posts by GILLETTE Add GILLETTE to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GILLETTE

i havent had much first hand experience with ddaudio until today. i stopped by a shop that dealt ddaudio and they gave me the run down on all ddaudio products they had some in store display setups and things i was having a blast. however true to the dealer pattern the guy tryed to sound super smart and he sure thinks that his shit doesnt stink. i just held my tongue i mean i am no pro my self... then he put super inflated prices on everything like only nba players could buy from him. i was pissed off. i think i want to run ddaudio i mean there products impressed me but i need to find a good outlet. the amp i looking for is the ddm4. the dealer said it was only for pros and ddaudio teams.... the price he posted was $2200.00 then he said the 9500 series subs ran around 2 grand as well. the biggest subs that they had were the 3500 series which were kick ass. i can get the audioque AQ3500D.1 for $750.00 i know that dd will be more expensive but i need some real figures not a salesman hitting on me....................... oh and the new comps by dd are bitchin..... thanks guys...

New Post 07-30-2010 12:27 AM
mhubbard

I love my DD amps and will never look back.

New Post 07-30-2010 12:42 AM
GILLETTE

whats a fair price for them....?

New Post 07-30-2010 12:47 AM
mhubbard

I got my MM C4B and M2A for $1020 from an authorized DD dealer.  For my 300zx I purchased and older model M1 and S4 for $420.  Believe it or not some idiot returned the S4 (DD top of the line amp at the time) for a Kenwood amp because he never heard of DD and wanted a name brand amp.  The problem with DD is their amps are special order, not sold on EBAY and the only way to get a good deal is on one of the forums.

New Post 07-30-2010 12:50 AM
GILLETTE

thank you for the info bro i appreciate it........

New Post 07-30-2010 01:00 AM
kingTITAN

m3 was 800, c4a 400, 2 subs 700, and they are worth every penny

New Post 07-30-2010 03:55 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for kingTITAN Click here to Send kingTITAN a Private Message Find more posts by kingTITAN Add kingTITAN to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GILLETTE

ok nice thanks for the information guys....................

New Post 07-30-2010 08:58 AM
mhubbard

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 07-30-2010 by kingTITAN

m3 was 800, c4a 400, 2 subs 700, and they are worth every penny

Yes they are.  These are solid, well built, old school quality amps and products from a small company (Digital Designs) that takes pride in what they are building.

New Post 07-30-2010 09:11 AM
KJM01

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 07-30-2010 by mhubbard

I got my MM C4B and M2A for $820 from an authorized DD dealer.  For my 300zx I purchased and older model M1 and S4 for $420.  Believe it or not some idiot returned the S4 (DD top of the line amp at the time) for a Kenwood amp because he never heard of DD and wanted a name brand amp.  The problem with DD is their amps are special order, not sold on EBAY and the only way to get a good deal is on one of the forums.

that guy who sold his amp id like to meet him i still have a pair of kenwood 6 x 9''s for his dd's lol DOH!!!!!!

New Post 07-30-2010 11:04 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for KJM01 Click here to Send KJM01 a Private Message Find more posts by KJM01 Add KJM01 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (2): [1] 2  Next next page

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. Rol886, from Rockaway Beach, NY. Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. reagan1, from Rowlett, TX. soltany, from beirut, MI. 2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. kaotiksyko, from , CO. banelsonms, from Moss Point, MS. weezer4rock, from , . jaboran, from swanton, OH. N2Audio, from Lawrence, KS. wolfantry, from erie, PA. IBBumpin, from Columbus, NE. tjsaudio, from anytown, MI. punkroc719, from Winchester, VA. Andrew, from Linden, MI. #1audio, from newport, NC. torawi01, from Corpus Christi, TX. Stripedss, from Hampton, GA. NRred2, from New York, NY.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting