Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
OnlineCarStereo.com
The best and biggest selection of mobile audio/stereo, multimedia/navigation and accessories at the lowest prices! Kenwood, Pioneer, Rockford Fosgate, JVC, Sony, Clarion, Jensen, Infinity, Kicker and more...
Car Audio Black Friday Sales!
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > Head Units > 2002 Chevy Malibu Receiver
Go Back Pages (1): [1]
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
tomirving08

2002 Chevy Malibu Receiver

Hello CarStereo.com, I currently drive a 2002 Chevy Malibu and am looking to replace my deck. Since the deck depth is a small one (6-1/4" space) I know there are only a handful of decks that will fit. http://www.crutchfield.com/p_105KDHDR60/JVC-KD-HDR60.html?tp=5684 is one of them. With the 2002 Chevy Malibu you need to get the http://www.crutchfield.com/p_120GMRC01/GM-Factory-Integration-Adapter.html?tp=3486 (or GM's 98+ in general). I was just wondering if I could use a regular wiring harness instead of the 79.99$ product (excluding the 50% off). I know that it would be unsafe because of the lack of door chime but I'm aware of my door... I was told that the 00+ harness does not work with it but the GM 94+ Wiring Harness does (excluding the lack of no door chime). Can I do this? Another question is that I already have an after market deck lying around except I'm pretty sure the depth is deeper. Can it fit or will it only fit with a custom fabrication? Another thing, is this deck fine for http://www.amazon.com/KENWOOD-KFC-W3012-Subwoofers-KAC-9105D-Amplifier/dp/B001VESZWO/ref=pd_rhf_p_t_2 and are those subs fine with my car? I know this is alot of information, but thank you in advance! TomIrving08

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 07-28-2010 04:12 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for tomirving08 Click here to Send tomirving08 a Private Message Find more posts by tomirving08 Add tomirving08 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
KJM01

RE: 2002 Chevy Malibu Receiver

quote:
Originally posted on 07-28-2010 by tomirving08
Hello CarStereo.com, I currently drive a 2002 Chevy Malibu and am looking to replace my deck. Since the deck depth is a small one (6-1/4" space) I know there are only a handful of decks that will fit. http://www.crutchfield.com/p_105KDHDR60/JVC-KD-HDR60.html?tp=5684 is one of them. With the 2002 Chevy Malibu you need to get the http://www.crutchfield.com/p_120GMRC01/GM-Factory-Integration-Adapter.html?tp=3486 (or GM's 98+ in general). I was just wondering if I could use a regular wiring harness instead of the 79.99$ product (excluding the 50% off). I know that it would be unsafe because of the lack of door chime but I'm aware of my door... I was told that the 00+ harness does not work with it but the GM 94+ Wiring Harness does (excluding the lack of no door chime). Can I do this? Another question is that I already have an after market deck lying around except I'm pretty sure the depth is deeper. Can it fit or will it only fit with a custom fabrication? Another thing, is this deck fine for http://www.amazon.com/KENWOOD-KFC-W3012-Subwoofers-KAC-9105D-Amplifier/dp/B001VESZWO/ref=pd_rhf_p_t_2 and are those subs fine with my car? I know this is alot of information, but thank you in advance! TomIrving08

yes you do need the adapter or a few things wont work including your obd2 scanner, and you can always make an extender for your h/u im not sure about aftermarket radio depth extenders but im sure they make them.And if you put the h/u on then as long as it has rca's on the back you can hook up an amp to it. and the kenwoods are good they like a ported box about 1.7cu ft each tuned to 65 hz thell get loud in that trunk!!! hope tis helps

New Post 07-28-2010 11:56 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for KJM01 Click here to Send KJM01 a Private Message Find more posts by KJM01 Add KJM01 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tomirving08

Really? I was told they would sound sloppy in a ported box

New Post 07-29-2010 10:48 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for tomirving08 Click here to Send tomirving08 a Private Message Find more posts by tomirving08 Add tomirving08 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
KJM01

well for $100 they arent too bad but not sloppy, they just dont hit the low lows that well, but compared to other subs in the same price range they are good. You get what you pay for, they aint no focal or genesis but they sound better and are louder in a 1.7cu ft. ported box than they do in a 1cuft sealed box.

New Post 07-29-2010 11:57 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for KJM01 Click here to Send KJM01 a Private Message Find more posts by KJM01 Add KJM01 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tomirving08

Hmm, in the other thread I had (solely about the kenwoods) I was told they would sound sloppy in a ported box. I do want loud, but I don't want sloppy and I want these subs to last me.

New Post 07-29-2010 12:08 PM
KJM01

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 07-29-2010 by tomirving08
Hmm, in the other thread I had (solely about the kenwoods) I was told they would sound sloppy in a ported box. I do want loud, but I don't want sloppy and I want these subs to last me.

then go sealed, like i said they arent the best if you want crisp clear sound save up a bit and go JL youll get clarity you want.the kenwoods dont like low lows, the frequency range is from 20hz-1000hz,(a good sub will be something like 20hz-300hz) they sound better in the upper ranges but wont hit the lows as well. And no they arent sloppy in a ported box, or at least to me but everyones ears are diff. For a similar price check out Audioque.com the sdc2.5's are waaaayy better for basically the same price. I see your leaning on not getting them and if you have doubts look around there are many better brands out there, but for a basic setup they sound good. When i had them in a 1cuft box they were ok but suffered in the loud i wanted , when i put them in a 1.7cuft ported box they were louder and i didnt notice any change as to how well they sounded except they got into the lows a bit better so good luck

New Post 07-30-2010 11:01 AM
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (1): [1]

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. soltany, from beirut, MI. Rol886, from Rockaway Beach, NY. 2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. kaotiksyko, from , CO. banelsonms, from Moss Point, MS. weezer4rock, from , . jaboran, from swanton, OH. N2Audio, from Lawrence, KS. wolfantry, from erie, PA. IBBumpin, from Columbus, NE. tjsaudio, from anytown, MI. punkroc719, from Winchester, VA. Andrew, from Linden, MI. #1audio, from newport, NC. torawi01, from Corpus Christi, TX. Stripedss, from Hampton, GA. NRred2, from New York, NY. becesaudio, from davao city, AL.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting