Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
SonicElectronix.com - 1-877-BUY-SONIC
Up to $30.00 in FREE custom install kits on select car stereos. Largest selection online, great prices, Daily Deals and FREE shipping on most products. We are an authorized dealer for Infinity, JBL, JVC, Kicker, MTX, Vibe, RE Audio and others.
Car Audio Black Friday Sales!
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > Amplifiers > kicker or orion
Go Back Pages (4): [1] 2 3 4  Next next page
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
lealn

kicker or orion

im puttin bostons ive picked this brand for the sole purpose of clear sound now i need an amp that has verr good sound quality im lookin to send 100 watts to 4 speaker and i want to kno if orions 8004 or kickers 800 by for will give me better sound quality thanks

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 05-17-2004 03:17 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for lealn Click here to Send lealn a Private Message Find more posts by lealn Add lealn to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Splmonster

My oppinion both are wonderful amps, both put out serious power, and are true power. But go with Orion they are a very high end amplifier, I have a couple of friends with some newer orions and they are awesome amps.

New Post 05-17-2004 05:45 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Splmonster Click here to Send Splmonster a Private Message Find more posts by Splmonster Add Splmonster to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
lealn

but im not so sure because the kicker is fan cooled and the orion is not i live in texas and its goin in my trunk plus the orion is 30 bucks more and i would also like to know which will bring out the full potential of my speakers in terms of sq with that in mind what should i do

New Post 05-18-2004 02:49 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for lealn Click here to Send lealn a Private Message Find more posts by lealn Add lealn to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ludepower

As stated above, both are great brands. Me personally would go with the Kicker 800.4. It's fan cooled, the orion isn't. Not saying Orion would cook in your trunk in Texas, but having an internal fan is always a plus when dealing with lots of heat. I've dealt with the Kicker KX series amps and the SQ is great. Not very far from Orion where you would tremendously notice the difference. Go with the Kicker 800.4

New Post 05-18-2004 03:22 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for ludepower Click here to Send ludepower a Private Message Find more posts by ludepower Add ludepower to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
fathom

it is doubtful that u would notice an audible difference in sound or sound quality. since u live in texas the fan feature would be useful. however if u do wanna go with the orion, it is easy to install an external fan. u can buy a computer fan and connect it to a toggle switch, giving u the option of whether u want it on or off. also they have fans with colorful lights which also adds extra appearance points for your system

New Post 05-18-2004 06:19 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for fathom Click here to Send fathom a Private Message Find more posts by fathom Add fathom to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Splmonster

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 05-18-2004 by ludepower
As stated above, both are great brands. Me personally would go with the Kicker 800.4. It's fan cooled, the orion isn't. Not saying Orion would cook in your trunk in Texas, but having an internal fan is always a plus when dealing with lots of heat. I've dealt with the Kicker KX series amps and the SQ is great. Not very far from Orion where you would tremendously notice the difference. Go with the Kicker 800.4

Orions are probably the coolest running amps, and have great ventilation.

New Post 05-18-2004 07:51 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Splmonster Click here to Send Splmonster a Private Message Find more posts by Splmonster Add Splmonster to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ludepower

RE: RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 05-18-2004 by Splmonster
Orions are probably the coolest running amps, and have great ventilation.

I'm not so sure on that. I can find at least 3 people that have owned HCCA amps and they weren't cool running by far. They got warm and even hot in some instances when they were pushed. As far as the Kicker KX series, from first hand experience, they don't get hot to touch at all.

New Post 05-18-2004 08:16 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for ludepower Click here to Send ludepower a Private Message Find more posts by ludepower Add ludepower to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Splmonster

RE: RE: RE:

quote:
I'm not so sure on that. I can find at least 3 people that have owned HCCA amps and they weren't cool running by far. They got warm and even hot in some instances when they were pushed. As far as the Kicker KX series, from first hand experience, they don't get hot to touch at all.

Do my dad carry's orion amplifiers. I think I would know a little more about them. Orion is rated to be very high end amps. They stay cool!

New Post 05-18-2004 09:03 PM
ludepower

RE: RE: RE: RE:

quote:
Do my dad carry's orion amplifiers. I think I would know a little more about them. Orion is rated to be very high end amps. They stay cool!

That's fine and dandy. But a regulated power supply in a store vs being inside a car in daily driving is two different situations for an amp to be in. I've dealt with the HCCA series, they do "warm up". Anything that is .25 ohms stable is gonna get hot without a fan. no matter how high quality the product is.

New Post 05-18-2004 09:10 PM
Splmonster

RE: RE: RE: RE: RE:

quote:
That's fine and dandy. But a regulated power supply in a store vs being inside a car in daily driving is two different situations for an amp to be in. I've dealt with the HCCA series, they do "warm up". Anything that is .25 ohms stable is gonna get hot without a fan. no matter how high quality the product is.

.25? No amp is even stable at that nice try pal. Thats why its getting hot!

New Post 05-18-2004 09:37 PM
ludepower

RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE:

quote:
.25? No amp is even stable at that nice try pal. Thats why its getting hot!

Orion HCCA 225 was .25 ohm stable stereo and .5ohn stable bridged. Also, Kicker's XS100 was .5 ohm stable stereo. Just to name a few.

New Post 05-18-2004 09:44 PM
Splmonster

RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE:

quote:
Orion HCCA 225 was .25 ohm stable stereo and .5ohn stable bridged. Also, Kicker's XS100 was .5 ohm stable stereo. Just to name a few.

Where did you find this? Their aren't any amps stable at that.It's called the kicker SX not XS.

http://www.kicker.com/ShowPage.cfm?filename=sxamps.htm&menu=SXAMPS

New Post 05-18-2004 09:53 PM
ludepower

RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE:

quote:
Where did you find this? Their aren't any amps stable at that.

http://www.kicker.com/ShowPage.cfm?filename=sxamps.htm&menu=SXAMPS

I known 3 ppl that have owned the Orion 225. It's a known fact that it's stable to .25 ohms stereo, .5 ohms stable bridged. There are many amps out there that are stable this low, even down to an even 0 ohm. BTW, u looked up SX amps, not XS amps. The XS series is what u want ;)

New Post 05-18-2004 09:56 PM
Splmonster

RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE:

quote:
I known 3 ppl that have owned the Orion 225. It's a known fact that it's stable to .25 ohms stereo, .5 ohms stable bridged. There are many amps out there that are stable this low, even down to an even 0 ohm.

Links? These people are running them unstable, the lowest is 1ohm right now.

New Post 05-18-2004 09:56 PM
ludepower

RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE:

quote:
Links? These people are running them unstable, the lowest is 1ohm right now.

http://www.carreview.com/Amplifiers/Orion,HCCA,225/PRD_3026_1806crx.aspx The Orion HCCA 225

New Post 05-18-2004 09:58 PM
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (4): [1] 2 3 4  Next next page

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. kaotiksyko, from , CO. Rol886, from Rockaway Beach, NY. Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. banelsonms, from Moss Point, MS. weezer4rock, from , . jaboran, from swanton, OH. N2Audio, from Lawrence, KS. wolfantry, from erie, PA. 2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. IBBumpin, from Columbus, NE. tjsaudio, from anytown, MI. punkroc719, from Winchester, VA. Andrew, from Linden, MI. #1audio, from newport, NC. torawi01, from Corpus Christi, TX. Stripedss, from Hampton, GA. NRred2, from New York, NY. becesaudio, from davao city, AL. ipodzrcool, from , AL.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting