Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
SonicElectronix.com - 1-877-BUY-SONIC
Up to $30.00 in FREE custom install kits on select car stereos. Largest selection online, great prices, Daily Deals and FREE shipping on most products. We are an authorized dealer for Infinity, JBL, JVC, Kicker, MTX, Vibe, RE Audio and others.
Car Audio Black Friday Sales!
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > > stuff being jacked
Go Back Pages (1): [1]
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
a12jayjay13

stuff being jacked

im very paranoid about my car audio being stolen.....what are some tips to prevent theft....please tell me some creative stuff :)

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 08-20-2010 12:31 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for a12jayjay13 Click here to Send a12jayjay13 a Private Message Find more posts by a12jayjay13 Add a12jayjay13 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GILLETTE

buy 100pound subwoofers and bolt them down with huge bolts. get non mainstream stuff and maybe the idiot will dismiss it..get a high quality alarm system... or even better hire a ninja to guard your car and judo chop the bad guys... really put king kong in the trunk so when they open it up he jumps out and smashes the bad guys.....

New Post 08-20-2010 08:10 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for GILLETTE Click here to Send GILLETTE a Private Message Find more posts by GILLETTE Add GILLETTE to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
F1reFly

for starters, never pound your system in your own neighborhood, never let your neighbors/passerbys see you install your equipment. Most car audio thefts are either from neighbors or anyone else who has heard that you have a decent system or seen you put some subs/amps in your trunk...etc.....Beyond that, a car alarm of course. I'm paranoid too, i wont even open my trunk if anyone is around to see inside and all access to my trunk is locked up from inside

New Post 08-21-2010 03:51 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for F1reFly Click here to Send F1reFly a Private Message Find more posts by F1reFly Add F1reFly to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
a12jayjay13

yeah lotz of people in my neighborhood have had their audio stolen and i payed too much to get it stolen! thanks for your response!

New Post 08-21-2010 09:37 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for a12jayjay13 Click here to Send a12jayjay13 a Private Message Find more posts by a12jayjay13 Add a12jayjay13 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GILLETTE

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 08-21-2010 by F1reFly
for starters, never pound your system in your own neighborhood, never let your neighbors/passerbys see you install your equipment. Most car audio thefts are either from neighbors or anyone else who has heard that you have a decent system or seen you put some subs/amps in your trunk...etc.....Beyond that, a car alarm of course. I'm paranoid too, i wont even open my trunk if anyone is around to see inside and all access to my trunk is locked up from inside

i like that advice.... maybe the thief is that unexpected old couple that live on everyones block and when people bump their systems at all hours of the night grandma and grandpa get mad and so they get out their ninja suits and jack the stuff so that they can sleep at night. lol.. but seriously good advice to me... the only thing is i like everyone to hear me and then they see me and my ride making me an easy target.... i like having an enclosed garage to help protect my stuff.

New Post 08-21-2010 10:15 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for GILLETTE Click here to Send GILLETTE a Private Message Find more posts by GILLETTE Add GILLETTE to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
KJM01

tie in two shotguns in the trunk and then advertise your shit!!!!  Youll know in the morning if they like your system and they wont do it again promise!!!

New Post 08-22-2010 06:09 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for KJM01 Click here to Send KJM01 a Private Message Find more posts by KJM01 Add KJM01 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
F1reFly

RE: RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 08-21-2010 by GILLETTE
i like that advice.... maybe the thief is that unexpected old couple that live on everyones block and when people bump their systems at all hours of the night grandma and grandpa get mad and so they get out their ninja suits and jack the stuff so that they can sleep at night. lol.. but seriously good advice to me... the only thing is i like everyone to hear me and then they see me and my ride making me an easy target.... i like having an enclosed garage to help protect my stuff.

i understand wanting everyone to hear ya, hopefully you have an alarm too, a garage is little detterent to a determined thief and provides cover for them too. Although i found from my experience that most people on average don't really like to hear others stereo's going boom boom much. bass actually triggers something in a few people that makes them angry, dunno why but i have seen people instantly rage when they hear it. odd only thing i hate is hard rattles. Back in the 90's, i remember it used to get chicks sometimes, not sure if it does now or not. I think like a thief cause unfortunately...i used to be one when i was a teenager. i'm ashamed of it now but i have had karma hit me and got what i deserved. I do believe that most thiefs generally stay within their familiar neighborhood..they see over time, your habits. when you leave for work, how many live there, where the lights are focused, dogs and even the chirp of a car alarm. They also know escape routes, places to hide/watch, fences...etc. in my past, i have sat quietly in the dark and watched, waited and grabbed quickly on foot, tossing goods over fence and within a minute or less i was at home with the goods. Away from neighborhood is more unfamiliar with whats going on at the target area and only the more bolder, hard core thiefs that do a lot of hits in a night do that. generally speaking. thats why i recommend to turn it down once you reach your neighborhood. I used to walk alot as a kid and i noticed when someone booom, boom went by and i knew where they lived...the target was set. Usually 2 AM on a Tue or WED night was excellent time, most in bed for work, dead asleep. Also, bold everything down using hex nuts or something. screwdrivers and ratchet set are what all thiefs carry

New Post 08-22-2010 03:33 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for F1reFly Click here to Send F1reFly a Private Message Find more posts by F1reFly Add F1reFly to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
1sr

Invest in a 45, a shovel and a couple guard dogs. I would say some dogs with rabies

New Post 08-22-2010 07:34 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for 1sr Click here to Send 1sr a Private Message Find more posts by 1sr Add 1sr to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RFVega

RE: stuff being jacked..

quote:
Originally posted on 08-22-2010 by F1reFly
i understand wanting everyone to hear ya, hopefully you have an alarm too, a garage is little detterent to a determined thief and provides cover for them too. Although i found from my experience that most people on average don't really like to hear others stereo's going boom boom much. bass actually triggers something in a few people that makes them angry, dunno why but i have seen people instantly rage when they hear it. odd only thing i hate is hard rattles. Back in the 90's, i remember it used to get chicks sometimes, not sure if it does now or not. I think like a thief cause unfortunately...i used to be one when i was a teenager. i'm ashamed of it now but i have had karma hit me and got what i deserved. I do believe that most thiefs generally stay within their familiar neighborhood..they see over time, your habits. when you leave for work, how many live there, where the lights are focused, dogs and even the chirp of a car alarm. They also know escape routes, places to hide/watch, fences...etc. in my past, i have sat quietly in the dark and watched, waited and grabbed quickly on foot, tossing goods over fence and within a minute or less i was at home with the goods. Away from neighborhood is more unfamiliar with whats going on at the target area and only the more bolder, hard core thiefs that do a lot of hits in a night do that. generally speaking. thats why i recommend to turn it down once you reach your neighborhood. I used to walk alot as a kid and i noticed when someone booom, boom went by and i knew where they lived...the target was set. Usually 2 AM on a Tue or WED night was excellent time, most in bed for work, dead asleep. Also, bold everything down using hex nuts or something. screwdrivers and ratchet set are what all thiefs carry

"A garage is little deterrent to a determined thief and provides cover for them too"

Home alarm system!

"I think like a thief cause unfortunately..I used to be one when I was a teenager"

Here is a good true Alarm Success Story for you Mike (and one that you would not want to have encountered back in your punk ass days.. though I am glad you have found the error of your ways now). Also, for others who are honest that want some better knowledge to properly protect with vehicle security alarms..

My True Alarm Success Story & Theft Prevention Tips...

http://audioforum.termpro.com/topic/15/611.html

New Post 08-22-2010 07:57 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for RFVega Click here to Send RFVega a Private Message Find more posts by RFVega Add RFVega to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GILLETTE

RE: RE: stuff being jacked..

quote:
Originally posted on 08-22-2010 by RFVega

"A garage is little deterrent to a determined thief and provides cover for them too"

Home alarm system!

"I think like a thief cause unfortunately..I used to be one when I was a teenager"

Here is a good true Alarm Success Story for you Mike (and one that you would not want to have encountered back in your punk ass days.. though I am glad you have found the error of your ways now). Also, for others who are honest that want some better knowledge to properly protect with vehicle security alarms..

My True Alarm Success Story & Theft Prevention Tips...

http://audioforum.termpro.com/topic/15/611.html

first real good advice on this thread thanks for the story and info!!!!!!

New Post 08-22-2010 08:11 PM
RFVega

RE: stuff being jacked & many ways to prevent it

Here is my best finds on vehicle security & proper theft prevention over many years on the most popular forums. I have helped to contribute to a few (with a different screenname)

**REMEMBER...The main theme in security is layering..The More, The Better!**

These are from Honda-Tech.com, but can be used in general...

* http://www.causeforalarm.thecarthing.com/version6/index.html

* http://www.causeforalarm.thecarthing.com/version7/index.html

http://www.honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=1554546&highlight=security

http://www.honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=2585846&highlight=security

http://www.honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=2368830&highlight=VegaS10

http://www.honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=2108744

http://audioforum.termpro.com/topic/15/677.html

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/general-discussion/146326-tips-avoid-getting-jacked.html

http://forum.sounddomain.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=478383&page=1#Post478383

http://forum.sounddomain.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1087500&page=1#Post1087500

* Lots to read, but very informative & if used will GREATLY increase keeping your ride & sound equipment safe & sound!

New Post 08-23-2010 09:23 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for RFVega Click here to Send RFVega a Private Message Find more posts by RFVega Add RFVega to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (1): [1]

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. Rol886, from Rockaway Beach, NY. Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. banelsonms, from Moss Point, MS. weezer4rock, from , . jaboran, from swanton, OH. N2Audio, from Lawrence, KS. wolfantry, from erie, PA. 2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. IBBumpin, from Columbus, NE. tjsaudio, from anytown, MI. kaotiksyko, from , CO. punkroc719, from Winchester, VA. Andrew, from Linden, MI. #1audio, from newport, NC. torawi01, from Corpus Christi, TX. Stripedss, from Hampton, GA. NRred2, from New York, NY. becesaudio, from davao city, AL. ipodzrcool, from , AL.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting