Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
OnlineCarStereo.com
The best and biggest selection of mobile audio/stereo, multimedia/navigation and accessories at the lowest prices! Kenwood, Pioneer, Rockford Fosgate, JVC, Sony, Clarion, Jensen, Infinity, Kicker and more...
Car Audio Black Friday Sales!
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > Subwoofers and Speakers > sundown SA-8" feedback request?
Go Back Pages (3): [1] 2 3  Next next page
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
GILLETTE

sundown SA-8" feedback request?

this is probably old news to many but its a new interest to me...

i have been looking at youtube videos and reviews and pricing from ssaudio.com and also woofersetc.com and think that i need to get me some of these sweet little woofers... Only 130.00 a pop!!!

http://www.woofersetc.com/p9265/SA8-D2--Sundown-Audio-8"-Dual-2Ohm-SA-Series-Subwoofer.htm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFGx-nNaZ7Q&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWBU1m8iKwo

i think that i am going to build a box for under the seat of my extended cab truck to fit 2 of these 8"s,ported hopefully, i bet i can get them to fit and still port the enclosure nice and low. from the videos i have seen i bet i can get those babies to really slam on around 1000watts or so. i have a big 18" sub and enclosure setup already but maybe i will use it for competitions and showing off and then i can drop my 8"s in for when hauling the family and general every day bumping. it will be my dr jeckle/mr hyde ride. or something. or maybe that name is lame.....

has anyone on here had any experience with these or any other monster 8" subs??? i know that ddaudio has 1508s, and i have heard Maximus talk of some 8"s from Atomic that are monsters but can they be had for 130.00 area? and what do you recommend porting to and having for internal airspace per sub? i get mixed info from the ssa site which said 1cuft per sub ported and the wooferetc says .6cuft ported, both say to go low 30hz for tuning.

What are your opinions on these hard hitting 8"s? i am a little intreged by the thought of slamming with some small subs. i want to destroy mainstream stuff and dealers, i plan to with my BTL but it would be freaking cool to do it with some sexy little 8"s!!!!!!!

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 10-10-2010 10:41 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for GILLETTE Click here to Send GILLETTE a Private Message Find more posts by GILLETTE Add GILLETTE to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GILLETTE

box plans!!!

I estimate i can get 0.73cuft internal airspace after sub and port displacement per sub with 12sqin port area tuned to about 35hz to fit nicely under the seat of my truck. i bet that for a total of $260.00 for the 2 8"s i can really make some noise. Uploaded with ImageShack.us

New Post 10-11-2010 12:47 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for GILLETTE Click here to Send GILLETTE a Private Message Find more posts by GILLETTE Add GILLETTE to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
larrypeters86

Looking athe vids I would say they are almost a steal. I would go for it. Sundown is a very respected company that has quite the following. I don't think you can go wrong.

Look at the specs they post on their site.

SPECIFICATIONS OF D2 Coil :
RE: 3.28 ohms (series)
FS: 41.6 Hz
Qes: 0.513
Qms: 6.606
Qts: 0.476
Le: 2.778 mH
Vas: 3.285 L
BL: 17.138 N/A
Cms: 83.341 um/N
Mms: 175.654 g
Sens: 78.476 dB @ 1w/1m

Dual-4 SA-8 Specs:
RE: 6.08 ohms
Fs: 44.66 Hz
Qes: 0.594
Qms: 6.337
Qts: 0.545
Le: 4.26 mH
VAS: 4.44 L
BL: 21.20 N/A
Cms: 80.8 uM/N
Mms: 157 g
Sens: 80.06 @ 1w/1m

BL^2/RE: 73.92

POWER: 400 RMS

Looks like a company with nothing to hide.

New Post 10-11-2010 09:11 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for larrypeters86 Click here to Send larrypeters86 a Private Message Find more posts by larrypeters86 Add larrypeters86 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GILLETTE

on sell now for 90.00 a piece. man i want some of them. oh waite this one is not as good as the other one my bad........http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/store/products/Sundown-Audio-E8v2.html Uploaded with ImageShack.usthe better looking one is 130.00

New Post 01-23-2011 05:00 PM
GILLETTE

??????

if i build a box would it be more effective to mount my subs firing down or up into the bottom of the seat or facing forward with some kind of kick guard to protect them??????? I am really looking to do this project here and if anyone has a sub/port location preference i would like the input.??? port location as well... i could do port sides and subs forward.. Uploaded with ImageShack.us

New Post 01-23-2011 08:19 PM
GILLETTE

if you were going to put two subs into a small enclosure like i am lookin at doing what would you all recommend??? i could do 1.2cuft sealed or like .6 ported to around 35hz 10sqin port area per side of my enclosure. i will be running a 1500watt-ish amp to two subs i could do 2 sundown 8"s or dd1508s or some ssaudio 10"s or fi ssd 10"s sealed or maybe one Q 10"(price factor) or some AQ10"s. i am trying to stay close to around the $100.00 area per sub here and they must do well in small enclosure! i am leaning more towards the dual sundown 8" subs ported i think unless you have another opinion.... Thanks guys in advance I am grateful for the input and help that you all provide me over my dreams and hopes.................

New Post 01-23-2011 08:28 PM
larrypeters86

Before you pull the trigger take a look at the new TC 8's at parts express. By the numvbers they will kill the Sundown and they have a fantastic rep as well. http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=293-657

New Post 01-23-2011 09:02 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for larrypeters86 Click here to Send larrypeters86 a Private Message Find more posts by larrypeters86 Add larrypeters86 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GILLETTE

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 01-23-2011 by larrypeters86
Before you pull the trigger take a look at the new TC 8's at parts express. By the numvbers they will kill the Sundown and they have a fantastic rep as well. http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=293-657

oh wow now that thing is right there wow... larry you are sure on top of your game... still need some ideas which direction to mount these sexy little air movers

New Post 01-23-2011 09:28 PM
larrypeters86

Buy first then figure it out....lol....Did you see the specs on that little fucking monster????? Xmax...22.9!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FS 28!!!!!!!And an 8 that can easily take 500 watts!!!!!! I have serious wood. My son is gonna order 2.

New Post 01-23-2011 09:41 PM
larrypeters86

Off the subject a bit....I haven't seen max the crook here for a while????? What's up with that?

New Post 01-23-2011 09:48 PM
larrypeters86

I should start a thread warning people about him....Hmmmm.....Whatcha think?

New Post 01-23-2011 09:49 PM
GILLETTE

lol its your call man but i sure feel suckered over it all i mean i did not want to believe that i was suckered but i feel more and more suckered every day..... when my check roles in i think i am going to order 2 of those babies my self then build the box...

New Post 01-24-2011 05:53 AM
recover

RE: ??????

quote:
Originally posted on 01-23-2011 by GILLETTE
if i build a box would it be more effective to mount my subs firing down or up into the bottom of the seat or facing forward with some kind of kick guard to protect them??????? I am really looking to do this project here and if anyone has a sub/port location preference i would like the input.??? port location as well... i could do port sides and subs forward.. Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I would fire the subs down. I've tried my subs firing up forward and down in my silverado and down was the loudest and just all around better sound. It was a very noticable difference. My box however is sealed so as far as the port I don't know what to tell you. I have seen ported down firing boxs for the siverado's though.

New Post 01-24-2011 12:30 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for recover Click here to Send recover a Private Message Find more posts by recover Add recover to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GILLETTE

hey thanks for the help here man i like to hear from others that have been there already so i dont have to do the experimenting. ok so down firing i got it, now my question is going to be how much space between the bottom face of the box where the sub is and the floor of the truck!!! i have seen many down firing boxes some successful and some not successful most boxes i have seen only had like one inch of space between box and ground and the sub basically touched the floor when i hit hard... to me there should be more like 2 inches or so especially if my sub is going to flex like 22mms. what i may do is build a square box small enough so that i can place a sub in it and put it in the truck facing up and down and every which way, this will not cost me much if its small!!! then i find what seems to do the best then build the large box to correct specs ported for two subs and call it good.... that i think is going to be what i need to do.

New Post 01-24-2011 04:40 PM
GILLETTE

Uploaded with ImageShack.us this is a probox enclosure for 2 10" subs sealed with .75cuft internal and its a down fire box, from what i can see here the design is to fire the air waves back behind the seat as the front and sides are solid to the floor where the back is open and easy for sound waves to escape. now that is a design that i had not previously looked at....let me see if i can draw something up with my ghetto old school paint program... Uploaded with ImageShack.us this below is more of what i am wanting to build i think. or this one for one single 10" Uploaded with ImageShack.us

New Post 01-24-2011 07:46 PM
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (3): [1] 2 3  Next next page

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. Rol886, from Rockaway Beach, NY. Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. reagan1, from Rowlett, TX. soltany, from beirut, MI. 2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. kaotiksyko, from , CO. banelsonms, from Moss Point, MS. weezer4rock, from , . jaboran, from swanton, OH. N2Audio, from Lawrence, KS. wolfantry, from erie, PA. IBBumpin, from Columbus, NE. tjsaudio, from anytown, MI. punkroc719, from Winchester, VA. Andrew, from Linden, MI. #1audio, from newport, NC. torawi01, from Corpus Christi, TX. Stripedss, from Hampton, GA. NRred2, from New York, NY.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting