Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
OnlineCarStereo.com
The best and biggest selection of mobile audio/stereo, multimedia/navigation and accessories at the lowest prices! Kenwood, Pioneer, Rockford Fosgate, JVC, Sony, Clarion, Jensen, Infinity, Kicker and more...
Car Audio Black Friday Sales!
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > Amplifiers > Atomic frankinamplifier!!!
Go Back Pages (17): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10  Next next page
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
GILLETTE

Atomic frankinamplifier!!!

i hooked up my system today. well last night and i drove around town blasting the hell out of my BTL with my amp that i got from Maximus which is an atomic at1500.1d old school case with what i understand to be 2000watt guts from new amp. it sucks the power down something awesome in my truck but if i rev it to 2000rpms it will hold up ok and i can get some dbs rolling. the roof in my truck rattles so freakin bad that i have to sound proof it before i can really enjoy it. to comare to other builds i have done, i used to have a kicker 750w amp and 2 L5 12"s in a standard cab truck and it was loud and i thought it sounded good. sealed boxes at 1.3cuft. but the sq i have now blows them away easy. and i have a huge 18". i love my fiaudio sub. it is a good one compared to kicker for sure. and the amp i have got seems to have way more hunger than my truck can feed. and so i cant really say what i really think cause i cant make it preform at peak yet but so far it puts real clear sounds to the sub i have and my single btl 18" and monster box destroys my old 12"s by a long shot.... maximus so far so good with the amp that you sold me. i will call you up later for details but i have the loudest system in my town. my system is not done but i put my old deck from my car in my truck with factory mids just so i could bump some. i will keep everyone updated about my setup. thanks for letting me go on about my ride Lol...................

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 11-05-2010 08:28 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for GILLETTE Click here to Send GILLETTE a Private Message Find more posts by GILLETTE Add GILLETTE to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
larrypeters86

Pics?

New Post 11-05-2010 09:00 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for larrypeters86 Click here to Send larrypeters86 a Private Message Find more posts by larrypeters86 Add larrypeters86 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GILLETTE

My sub-enclosure results!!!

This is a poor drawing i did to help show just what is going on inside of my enclosure, i did not add in the little bit of bracing i have but the box is rock solid and does not flex a bit... Uploaded with ImageShack.us As far as i can calculate with my sorry math skills the box has 7.5cuft internal air space, and is ported to 40hz(this cant be right but all the programs on this forum and the12volt.com say i should be around that), with 174sqin of port area. each port is like 36 inches long you do the math!!!!. Uploaded with ImageShack.us as far as results go: I am hitting frequencies from 30hz to 65hz with unbelievable output and crazy clarity. Below 30hz and my subsonic kicks in and above that the sub starts to make bad noises so i figure my band range is as above which is fine with me because those are the frequencies that i lust after but i do not have an sq setup at all i loose from 65hz to like 80hz because my mids cant dip down to compensate. i am ok with it though i will make due.... comparing 2 kicker L5 12"s to an 18" BTL, the sq is very audible, "kicker sucks". i want to add that i have never heard such thick deep bass in my life with the setup i have now. at low volumes where i can talk to a passenger the bass distorts our voices even though its not loud bass it is so strong it distorts my voice and i freaking love it. i have never heard such rich deep deep bass before. also i will add that rock transitions bad with my spl box.. but rap is scary good....

New Post 11-06-2010 10:06 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for GILLETTE Click here to Send GILLETTE a Private Message Find more posts by GILLETTE Add GILLETTE to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GILLETTE

The Fiaudio BTL 18"..........

This sub is my new best friend it is still stiff as can be but it is a loud mofo. i understand it to be able to flex like 1.5inches at peak excursion and i have yet to crank the volume to get a full inch out of it, it is loud and at the frequencies that my box is tuned to she sure sings a smooth note making my old kickers sound like real POSes... i believe that when i get it powered right with good alternator backbone and a well broken in suspension along with some TLC-tuning it will pull the hair trick in my truck!!! i have seen the makings of it and i will post pictures to prove it shortly!!!! i imagine i am getting around 1500watts rms to it now before voltage drops, once i get the electrical right it should do around 2000watts rms and i believe that it should take it fine. the sub seems to be real sturdy but i cant play it hard for long now because of my electrical so i cant say just how it will do yet.... Uploaded with ImageShack.us

New Post 11-06-2010 10:38 AM
GILLETTE

Atomic frankinamplifier!!!

i have installed this amp in my truck with the box and sub so i could do some testing. i have only done some minor (big 3) upgrades to try to help out but the alt and batt is factory still. Uploaded with ImageShack.us Maximus seemed to be a go to guy and Atomic seems to be a real solid brand so i took a dive and bought an amp from him, its supposed to be a wolf in sheep's clothing: Uploaded with ImageShack.us i understand it to be the old school 1500w amp with the new 2000w guts that are not in use anymore. so i am informed that i have a one of a kind amp that is a real cheater toy. at first i was real unsure of the out come but, it seems to be the real deal!!! i have all the amp gains at 0 and the woofer control on my HU is also at the lowest level and it still puts out a ton of bass. i believe i could destroy my BTL with this amp if i had alternator to feed it. i crank the volume still leaving all gains down and it slams my sub to death, i see a lot of potential here.... and the combination that i have created with my box and sub and amp is the best sounding system i have ever heard between 30hz to 65hz. i highly recommend the fi/atomic combo because it sounds so good to my ears...i think that if i would have built my enclosure differently i could reach a wider band with and maybe better sq but i love those deep low frequencies so i am a happy dude... there may be better out there but i can not afford to try everything so with this forums help i have learned to a lot and i have made my self happy not to mention im the loudest in my town on factory electrical. anyways with factory electrical reved to 2000rpms i can really crank out the dbs and i almost can do the hair trick with what i have. i was not sure if it could be done with what i was buying but i think it may be in my reach. HELL YA..!!!

New Post 11-06-2010 10:58 AM
GILLETTE

more pics.

i feel like the amp is about 250.00 over priced (maybe this is my tight wallet talking) but if it is a one of a kind well what the hell. i like atomic but they are expensive, its hard for me to stomach the bill but the amp i got seems really efficient compared to my old kicker amp i can crank it a long ways before the volts drop it seems to be real strong and it sure moves my btl. As far as this all goes either i have a old used 1500watt amp or its the newer 2000watt board hidden in old case but it sure has a lot of power potential so either way it is a very strong product and i feel satisfied as a customer enough to not want my money back. i like my atomic amp i think i will keep it around. and i imagine everyone who gets atomic will feel the same... Thanks Maximus i am grateful!!! Uploaded with ImageShack.us a few installed pictures its not permanent yet so the wiring is all over! Uploaded with ImageShack.us

New Post 11-06-2010 11:19 AM
GILLETTE

poor mans hair trick!!!!!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us well you can imagine how a picture poorly depicts what is really going on in the photo here, but the first picture is with no bass and my wife's hair is straight down: Uploaded with ImageShack.us the next is causing her hair to fly in her face, and FYI, there is no wind!: Uploaded with ImageShack.us the last picture shows the static vibration start to make her hair friz out. Uploaded with ImageShack.us the expression on my wifes face shows that its loud, well to loud for her fancy anyways... i am sorry i cant post better pictures (it looks pretty good in real life) its the loudest stereo i have ever had i mean i have never made hair raise with bass till now and the sub only flexes like .5inches at this volume. the volts drop fast so i can only hold this volume for like 10 seconds or so before it cuts out. i dont want to damage anything but with some real alternators and a few batteries i should be really loud. HE HE HE!!!! still waiting on money!

New Post 11-06-2010 12:01 PM
GILLETTE

my wife is mad that i posted these pictures of her because she does not have any makeup on and she says that she looks like a scrounge but she is my wife and i love her! i told her that no one looks good in the morning when they're pregnant! lol!!

New Post 11-06-2010 12:23 PM
larrypeters86

Tell her she looks just fine.

I really do like the understated look of the amp. Much more appealing than flashing lights and chrome any day.

New Post 11-07-2010 11:49 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for larrypeters86 Click here to Send larrypeters86 a Private Message Find more posts by larrypeters86 Add larrypeters86 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MaximusCarAudio

The amp is an old school 1500.1 case with the 2010 Atomic 2200.1 internals. It has an eff rating of over 90%. The 2200.1 is out of stock and not going to be made for 2011. The new version is the same design but all usa made and bigger power sup and traces on the board. This made the 2200.1 rated at 2200rms (and does around 2500rms) pump out a hair over 3k rms so they now call its new 2011 all usa version a 3000.1 the new amps are black with the edges diamond cut still clean nice but like you guys I liked the simple all silver look... maybe thats why I loved the DD Z amps so much in looks. Wish I could post some pics of the new shallow sub sample I have but thats still a no no I am told LOL

New Post 11-08-2010 03:09 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for MaximusCarAudio Click here to Send MaximusCarAudio a Private Message Find more posts by MaximusCarAudio Add MaximusCarAudio to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GILLETTE

as my sub breaks in it does not take as much power to play it and it does not seem to suck the volts so much. i still have really bad rattling everywhere so i cant really enjoy it but i have seen the light and with some alternators at least on and a good missing link modual and a carstereo batt. and a grip of dampening material i should be in good shape... i will keep everyone posted...

New Post 11-10-2010 08:39 AM
MaximusCarAudio

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 11-10-2010 by GILLETTE
as my sub breaks in it does not take as much power to play it and it does not seem to suck the volts so much. i still have really bad rattling everywhere so i cant really enjoy it but i have seen the light and with some alternators at least on and a good missing link modual and a carstereo batt. and a grip of dampening material i should be in good shape... i will keep everyone posted...

when you want sound proofing hit me up I have a nice hook up for you

New Post 11-10-2010 11:49 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for MaximusCarAudio Click here to Send MaximusCarAudio a Private Message Find more posts by MaximusCarAudio Add MaximusCarAudio to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GILLETTE

i will place an order in 2 weeks for some!!! $160.00 budget i need some for my entire truck and car trunk.

New Post 11-11-2010 08:20 AM
larrypeters86

I gotta ask....How much did you pay for this amp?

New Post 11-11-2010 08:32 PM
Ianarian

(Oh, great...whats Ian going to say now?).... I have to ask, do you have 1/0 wire running from the alt all the way to the amp? It'd be a good idea to. Also, I don't think you can run a "Y" adapter like that. That adapter splits in the opposite direction. I think you're shorting out stereo like that. The amp will make mono internally by combining the L+R inputs. Please correct me if I'm wrong... AND haha sorry bro, I am just trying to help you out here... Current in a DC circuit flows from the most negative point in a circuit to the most positive point. You want that amp to hook straight to a chassis ground, with no more than 18" of 1/0 cable. I only see one wire connected on the negative battery terminal. By grounding the engine block to the batt. terminal, then the chassis to the batt. term. then amp to chassis, you complete a full circuit. Do you have a 1/0 circuit from the alt through the battery, all the way to the amp? Tell your wife that you are a lucky man, from what I see... Oh, and thank her for the assistance on the hair trick. Thank you for sharing your system!

New Post 11-12-2010 05:11 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Ianarian Click here to Send Ianarian a Private Message Find more posts by Ianarian Add Ianarian to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (17): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10  Next next page

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. kaotiksyko, from , CO. Rol886, from Rockaway Beach, NY. Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. banelsonms, from Moss Point, MS. weezer4rock, from , . jaboran, from swanton, OH. N2Audio, from Lawrence, KS. wolfantry, from erie, PA. IBBumpin, from Columbus, NE. tjsaudio, from anytown, MI. punkroc719, from Winchester, VA. Andrew, from Linden, MI. #1audio, from newport, NC. torawi01, from Corpus Christi, TX. Stripedss, from Hampton, GA. NRred2, from New York, NY. becesaudio, from davao city, AL. ipodzrcool, from , AL.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting