Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
SonicElectronix.com - 1-877-BUY-SONIC
Up to $30.00 in FREE custom install kits on select car stereos. Largest selection online, great prices, Daily Deals and FREE shipping on most products. We are an authorized dealer for Infinity, JBL, JVC, Kicker, MTX, Vibe, RE Audio and others.
Car Audio Black Friday Sales!
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > Head Units > new kenwood head unit which one??
Go Back Pages (2): [1] 2  Next next page
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
guitarslayer94

new kenwood head unit which one??

i have a 93 ford ranger super cab and i need a new head unit. i totaled my old truck and the dumbshit insurance company wouldnt let me get it out:( but atleast i got all my subs and amps lol. whats the best kenwood head unit to get thats under a 150 buck??

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 11-12-2010 04:01 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for guitarslayer94 Click here to Send guitarslayer94 a Private Message Find more posts by guitarslayer94 Add guitarslayer94 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
gameguru1360

there's the discontinued Kenwood Excelon X494 that I used to have in my 96 corolla that recently got totaled. I thought about trying to take it out, but it was too much trouble. I was able to remove my amp, but everything else in my trunk was non-retrievable...sub got ripped out of the box and couldn't believe one of the 2 sets of terminals literally ripped off!

Kenwood Excelon X494

if you hook up a usb thumb drive to it, it only sees up to 32gb and up to 255 folders.

New Post 01-03-2011 03:27 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for gameguru1360 Click here to Send gameguru1360 a Private Message Find more posts by gameguru1360 Add gameguru1360 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
fredricktflail

You could try this one, I use it and like it.

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-VH8zR1MHURN/p_113MP345U/Kenwood-KDC-MP345U.html

New Post 01-04-2011 03:07 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for fredricktflail Click here to Send fredricktflail a Private Message Find more posts by fredricktflail Add fredricktflail to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
gameguru1360

if you're looking for a cheaper head unit, that kenwood mp345u is a good deal. I prefer the x-494 because it has 4v preamp outputs so if you plan to hook up a 2/4 channel or class d mono amp, the 4v preamp outputs mean that your amp won't be cranked all the way up to match the head unit's output. With higher preamp outputs like 4v and 5v, the amp won't have to work so hard.

New Post 01-06-2011 01:58 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for gameguru1360 Click here to Send gameguru1360 a Private Message Find more posts by gameguru1360 Add gameguru1360 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Michaelzhan

RE: new kenwood head unit which one??

quote:
Originally posted on 11-12-2010 by guitarslayer94
i have a 93 ford ranger super cab and i need a new head unit. i totaled my old truck and the dumbshit insurance company wouldnt let me get it out:( but atleast i got all my subs and amps lol. whats the best kenwood head unit to get thats under a 150 buck??

We Shenzhen Kianda Auto Electronic Co,Ltd are a large professional car DVD headrest manufacturer in China.Specializing in prudcing in all kinds of brand Special car headrest DVD.such as VW,Toyota,BMW E46,Audi,Ford,Hyundai,Honda,Opel etc series cars.All of our Car DVD players has the GPS/Bluetooth/DVB-T/RDS/TMC/IPOD/USB/SD/DVD/CD/Steering wheel control etc functions.They are totally same design as orignal cars and will take place of the old car CD Player.Once you have our car Headrest.You will enjoy all above functions which helps you have a safty ,happy trip while you traveling driving cars.

Warmly welcome to visit our website to contact. www.szkianda.com

New Post 02-15-2011 09:06 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Michaelzhan Click here to Send Michaelzhan a Private Message Find more posts by Michaelzhan Add Michaelzhan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sicaudio

KW decks start to clip at 2volt on all their 4-6 volt decks fyi...

New Post 02-15-2011 10:34 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for sicaudio Click here to Send sicaudio a Private Message Find more posts by sicaudio Add sicaudio to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
gameguru1360

when you say they clip, what level gain on a mono amp do they clip?? So they're really 2v not 4v as they claim to be??

New Post 02-15-2011 11:35 AM
gameguru1360

RE: RE: new kenwood head unit which one??

quote:
Originally posted on 02-15-2011 by Michaelzhan
We Shenzhen Kianda Auto Electronic Co,Ltd are a large professional car DVD headrest manufacturer in China.Specializing in prudcing in all kinds of brand Special car headrest DVD.such as VW,Toyota,BMW E46,Audi,Ford,Hyundai,Honda,Opel etc series cars.All of our Car DVD players has the GPS/Bluetooth/DVB-T/RDS/TMC/IPOD/USB/SD/DVD/CD/Steering wheel control etc functions.They are totally same design as orignal cars and will take place of the old car CD Player.Once you have our car Headrest.You will enjoy all above functions which helps you have a safty ,happy trip while you traveling driving cars.

Warmly welcome to visit our website to contact. www.szkianda.com

sorry but I don't think members here want to deal with stuff directly from china being that shipping will be delayed because it has to go through customs, plus there are audio aficionados who have boycotted or just not trusted companies who have switched to products made in china...you know, they fall apart after the first few uses!

New Post 02-15-2011 11:37 AM
sicaudio

the deck starts to send a clipped signal at 1.5-2.1 volts... it has nothing at all to do with the amplifier whatsoever..

New Post 02-15-2011 11:42 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for sicaudio Click here to Send sicaudio a Private Message Find more posts by sicaudio Add sicaudio to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
gameguru1360

what volume level on the unit does it start to clip?? like at level 24 or 22??

New Post 02-15-2011 12:12 PM
sicaudio

the lower end units start at around 65% the higher end units do at around 70-75%

New Post 02-15-2011 10:54 PM
daman357

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 02-15-2011 by gameguru1360
what volume level on the unit does it start to clip?? like at level 24 or 22??

most of the time starting bout 34. my jvc did the same thing. It did it without the amp not powered. volts in headunit really makes a difference. headunit is the main factor in a system

New Post 02-16-2011 09:39 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for daman357 Click here to Send daman357 a Private Message Find more posts by daman357 Add daman357 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
KJM01

RE: RE: RE: new kenwood head unit which one??

quote:
Originally posted on 02-15-2011 by gameguru1360
sorry but I don't think members here want to deal with stuff directly from china being that shipping will be delayed because it has to go through customs, plus there are audio aficionados who have boycotted or just not trusted companies who have switched to products made in china...you know, they fall apart after the first few uses!

you can't hardly find anything that doesnt have parts or the whole that is not made in china.

New Post 02-17-2011 10:39 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for KJM01 Click here to Send KJM01 a Private Message Find more posts by KJM01 Add KJM01 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sicaudio

kw sony and alpine are made in china... Pioneer is made in Thailand ;)

New Post 02-17-2011 12:31 PM
gameguru1360

what about jvc's??

New Post 02-17-2011 09:28 PM
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (2): [1] 2  Next next page

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. kaotiksyko, from , CO. Rol886, from Rockaway Beach, NY. Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. banelsonms, from Moss Point, MS. weezer4rock, from , . jaboran, from swanton, OH. N2Audio, from Lawrence, KS. wolfantry, from erie, PA. 2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. IBBumpin, from Columbus, NE. tjsaudio, from anytown, MI. punkroc719, from Winchester, VA. Andrew, from Linden, MI. #1audio, from newport, NC. torawi01, from Corpus Christi, TX. Stripedss, from Hampton, GA. NRred2, from New York, NY. becesaudio, from davao city, AL. ipodzrcool, from , AL.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting