Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
OnlineCarStereo.com
The best and biggest selection of mobile audio/stereo, multimedia/navigation and accessories at the lowest prices! Kenwood, Pioneer, Rockford Fosgate, JVC, Sony, Clarion, Jensen, Infinity, Kicker and more...
Car Audio Black Friday Sales!
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > Head Units > Pioneer AVIC-ZB10 VS. Kenwood DNX-9960
Go Back Pages (1): [1]
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
anton33

Pioneer AVIC-Z120BT VS. Kenwood DNX-9960

So I've narrowed down my search for a new headunit to two of these choices, but I would still like some opinions. I will be ordering off of amazon and it seems that the Pioneer is about $200 cheaper. I've made a little list of criteria and how each of the HUs address it. Navigation: Garmin provides the nav for Kenwood and is clearly a winner in this case. I have a Garmin portable GPS right now and I love it, its accurate and very user-friendly. I am not sure how the navigation system in the Pioneer performs and according to my research on various sites it gets very mixed reviews in that sense. It does however have the AVIC feeds app which allows to directly transfer contacts from my iPhone to the system. Also you have to pay for 'MSN Direct' to get the real time traffic feature which in the Kenwood I believe is free. Sound Quality: both have a 50 watts x 4 built-in amp. So should it be the same? According to the reviews I've read some have pointed out that the Kenwood has better sound quality. User Interface: This is where I feel the Pioneer prevails. It's very customizable, visually appealing, and simple to use. Ipod control for me is VERY important. Features: both offer roughly the same, except the Pioneer has things like Pandora streaming (which is awesome), avic feeds, etc. However, Kenwood has the Navtec real time traffic which is a major bonus. Does anybody have any have any one of these HUs and if so would like to share their thoughts on them? Also, I am unsure about which one is faster to boot and function. edit: pioneer z120bt**** just realized that apparently any spacings I made between the criteria sections does not show up in the actual post :S

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 12-08-2010 12:35 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for anton33 Click here to Send anton33 a Private Message Find more posts by anton33 Add anton33 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (1): [1]

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. Rol886, from Rockaway Beach, NY. Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. reagan1, from Rowlett, TX. soltany, from beirut, MI. 2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. kaotiksyko, from , CO. banelsonms, from Moss Point, MS. weezer4rock, from , . jaboran, from swanton, OH. N2Audio, from Lawrence, KS. wolfantry, from erie, PA. IBBumpin, from Columbus, NE. tjsaudio, from anytown, MI. punkroc719, from Winchester, VA. Andrew, from Linden, MI. #1audio, from newport, NC. torawi01, from Corpus Christi, TX. Stripedss, from Hampton, GA. NRred2, from New York, NY.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting