Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
SonicElectronix.com - 1-877-BUY-SONIC
Up to $30.00 in FREE custom install kits on select car stereos. Largest selection online, great prices, Daily Deals and FREE shipping on most products. We are an authorized dealer for Infinity, JBL, JVC, Kicker, MTX, Vibe, RE Audio and others.
Car Audio Black Friday Sales!
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > Head Units > I need a CD player about as much as I need an 8 track
Go Back Pages (1): [1]
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Athowhen

I need a CD player about as much as I need an 8 track

Optical laser disks are a dead technology.

Why the hell should i have to pay for all those motors and gears and lasers and precision optics and vibration damping and so on, when its all just going to sit there for the life of the head unit and never get used?

What I need is to stream media from my smart phone over bluetooth, and/or connect it via USB (at the back with charging power), I want memory on the head unit to the tune of 16Gb (expandable by SD card), and I want a nice big matrix display that covers the entire front of the unit except for a few soft keys and an analog feeling volume control/nav wheel. I want the time of day to be visible at all times. A wireless network adapter wouldn't hurt either.

Can anyone point me to a head unit that comes from THIS century.

Thanks,
Athowhen

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 12-19-2010 07:46 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Athowhen Click here to Send Athowhen a Private Message Find more posts by Athowhen Add Athowhen to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
KennyB01

a lot of your mutimedia receivers do not have cd but have hook-ups for cd changers if you want a cd player.

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 12-21-2010 06:58 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for KennyB01 Click here to Send KennyB01 a Private Message Find more posts by KennyB01 Add KennyB01 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (1): [1]

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. kaotiksyko, from , CO. Rol886, from Rockaway Beach, NY. Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. banelsonms, from Moss Point, MS. weezer4rock, from , . jaboran, from swanton, OH. N2Audio, from Lawrence, KS. wolfantry, from erie, PA. IBBumpin, from Columbus, NE. tjsaudio, from anytown, MI. punkroc719, from Winchester, VA. Andrew, from Linden, MI. #1audio, from newport, NC. torawi01, from Corpus Christi, TX. Stripedss, from Hampton, GA. NRred2, from New York, NY. becesaudio, from davao city, AL. ipodzrcool, from , AL.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting