Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
OnlineCarStereo.com
The best and biggest selection of mobile audio/stereo, multimedia/navigation and accessories at the lowest prices! Kenwood, Pioneer, Rockford Fosgate, JVC, Sony, Clarion, Jensen, Infinity, Kicker and more...
Car Audio Black Friday Sales!
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > > Pioneer buttons stopped working
Go Back Pages (2): [1] 2  Next next page
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
jaycbrf4

Pioneer buttons stopped working

This morning my Pioneer DEH-P670MP HU's buttons stopped working. If I insert a cd it will play fine, HU lights up normally. However, none of the buttons on the faceplate or remote do anything. Only the volume knob functions. Can not turn unit off unless I eject CD, can not switch to radio or skip tracks. Over the last few days I noticed that the src button became unusually sensitive, would switch to tuner then back to cd if pressed. I did a search and see that many people have the same problem with Pioneer HUs but none of the posts state whether or not it has been fixed...

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 01-03-2011 11:03 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for jaycbrf4 Click here to Send jaycbrf4 a Private Message Find more posts by jaycbrf4 Add jaycbrf4 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
gameguru1360

is there a reset button on the head unit or behind the faceplate??

New Post 01-03-2011 02:33 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for gameguru1360 Click here to Send gameguru1360 a Private Message Find more posts by gameguru1360 Add gameguru1360 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jaycbrf4

No there is not, and I am afraid to unplug the HU because it will reset the time and the face will stay in demo mode if it does not fix the problem... I noticed quite a few posts about this issue with Pioneer decks, but none provide a fix...

New Post 01-03-2011 05:56 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for jaycbrf4 Click here to Send jaycbrf4 a Private Message Find more posts by jaycbrf4 Add jaycbrf4 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
maryland33

Happens alot with Pioneer hu's especially when it get cold.Try cleaning the contact points at the radio and faceplate with a q-tip and rubbing alcohol.

New Post 01-03-2011 11:12 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for maryland33 Click here to Send maryland33 a Private Message Find more posts by maryland33 Add maryland33 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jaycbrf4

Will Do... But why would the remote stop working also? That is what confuses me... Unless the remote's receiver is in the faceplate...

New Post 01-04-2011 09:20 AM
maryland33

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 01-04-2011 by jaycbrf4
Will Do... But why would the remote stop working also? That is what confuses me... Unless the remote's receiver is in the faceplate...

Yup,gotta love infared!

New Post 01-04-2011 12:39 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for maryland33 Click here to Send maryland33 a Private Message Find more posts by maryland33 Add maryland33 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jaycbrf4

No luck, contacts are shiny clean. still no response from faceplate or remote except for volume knob...

New Post 01-04-2011 01:47 PM
maryland33

Didnt spill anything on it did u?

New Post 01-04-2011 04:38 PM
jaycbrf4

Of course not. Came out in the morning to go to work and the buttons didn't work...

New Post 01-05-2011 10:17 AM
maryland33

Yeah,dumb question but i had to ask.Only thing that comes to mind is maybe a problem with the ribbon tap in the radio itself.Guess you could always try taking the faceplate apart and seeing if theres anything loose near the prong that attach the faceplate to radio.Just a thought though,trying to help.

New Post 01-05-2011 09:53 PM
jaycbrf4

I could, but wouldn't the faceplate not work at all if it were a connection problem? All illumination and the vol knob work perfectly...

New Post 01-06-2011 09:16 AM
maryland33

Just for GP i took my Pioneer apart(DEH-P6500),about the only thing i can see to check would be the soldered contact points,anythings possible i guess.

New Post 01-06-2011 10:09 AM
maryland33

New Post 01-06-2011 10:10 AM
modder

Pioneer

Hi Guys, I have the same issues now. I got a DEH-P6300R First the screen went, the ribbon split which is normal after many years of use. Bought another a head unit with the same screen cant remember model but screen and ribbon were identical. Tried to remove and reattach replacement. Damn near impossible damaged all connections on board. So put it away for some tome then one day at a junk sale I saw a KEH- version of my unit got it for £1! Result. But after a month or so the buttons stop working. Screen is ok just buttons, Now I have 1 unit where the buttons work and another where the screen works! If we could get hold of the schematics I could probably show it to someone who would be able to figure these issues out. Is there an integrated circuit for buttons like a chip that may be faulty. I could probably swap from my working unit. Took it all apart connections seem fine?! Any help greatly appreciated. Cheers

New Post 03-21-2011 06:12 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for modder Click here to Send modder a Private Message Find more posts by modder Add modder to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sicaudio

those are the chinese made pioneer models....all the good models that rarely if ever have issues are made in Thailand and Malaysia...

New Post 03-21-2011 09:52 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for sicaudio Click here to Send sicaudio a Private Message Find more posts by sicaudio Add sicaudio to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (2): [1] 2  Next next page

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. highwaymanace, from Geelong, VA. Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. Bnuts, from Edmonton, AB. 2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. Stripedss, from Hampton, GA. skulliwulli, from Austin, TX. krayzie019, from Park City, IL. #1audio, from newport, NC. jaboran, from swanton, OH. jacksondog215, from phila, PA. 8ball, from udine, AL. danthesk8er, from , AL. NRred2, from New York, NY. ejcusa1, from Streamwood, IL. grrcracker, from cincinnati, OH. werewolftigermonkey, from Denver, CO. hiace11, from , AL. punkroc719, from Winchester, VA. joshmac, from charlottetown, PE.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting