Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
SonicElectronix.com - 1-877-BUY-SONIC
Up to $30.00 in FREE custom install kits on select car stereos. Largest selection online, great prices, Daily Deals and FREE shipping on most products. We are an authorized dealer for Infinity, JBL, JVC, Kicker, MTX, Vibe, RE Audio and others.
Car Audio Black Friday Sales!
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > Head Units > Clarion CZ-500 or Sony BT3800U ?
Go Back Pages (2): [1] 2  Next next page
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
dmo2112

Clarion CZ-500 or Sony BT3800U ?

About to replace original car stereo that came equiped in 2003 G-35.  Which Head is best for overall sound, BlueTooth, ect..  Speakers will also be replaced.   

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 02-13-2011 08:58 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for dmo2112 Click here to Send dmo2112 a Private Message Find more posts by dmo2112 Add dmo2112 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
KJM01

not sure about those h/u but im going to pick up the alpine cda117 soon from cutchfield for appx $400 it might be worth a look

New Post 02-13-2011 10:27 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for KJM01 Click here to Send KJM01 a Private Message Find more posts by KJM01 Add KJM01 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
gameguru1360

well between those two headunits, I'd probably choose the clarion over the sony. I think the clarion has better sound options and is better quality.

@kjm01, I too am going to go with crutchfield for my aftermarket head unit as they include the factory face plate with pocket underneath for free plus the exact wiring harness. I was originally looking elsewhere which is much cheaper than crutchfield, but since my car is a slightly used 09 altima, I'm not sure how a generic metra wiring harness might produce error codes if I don't wire it correctly, so I don't want to take that chance!

New Post 02-13-2011 10:39 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for gameguru1360 Click here to Send gameguru1360 a Private Message Find more posts by gameguru1360 Add gameguru1360 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
KJM01

Im not too sure about clarion as i have not used their products but i do know the sonys will last forever i still have one from when i was 16 and although it looks like crap it still works.

And I like to go through crutchfield they have superior customer support, offer master install guides, free install gear for stuff over a certain price and they dont sell you crap you dont need! Also their warrantys make me feel all fuzzy on the inside lol(chris farley)

I know i probably could get stuff cheaper at other places but i feel you get what you pay for. Besides i dont wanna get burned by some scammer online im paranoid about giving my cc number online to anyone im paying with a pre-paid card its just safer to me

to the op get whichever h/u floats your boat they both will work for you one isnt magically better than the other. And if you are going to replace the speakers too you might as well get an amp to match. you'll be happy you did.

New Post 02-13-2011 05:00 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for KJM01 Click here to Send KJM01 a Private Message Find more posts by KJM01 Add KJM01 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sicaudio

I sell decks ya know...

and a lil fyi for ya bout crutchfield...they use generic brand dashkits and wire harnesses...

metra is the best and always has been   they were the pioneers in the aftermarket kits...everything else is copied from them... the crappy scoche and american classic brand is what ( and why  lol ) crutchfield and sonic gives them too you for free...thats why I use and sell metra exclusively...I tried the crappy stuff they give for free and thats exactly what they are... junk..

and anything special like a lan adapter or hybrid style harness is not free....

New Post 02-14-2011 12:32 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for sicaudio Click here to Send sicaudio a Private Message Find more posts by sicaudio Add sicaudio to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sicaudio

such as this... for his car...

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-lPw6ilK9qx6/cgi-bin/prodview/prodviewInstDetails.asp?I=020CZ500&inst=4601

Installation Details

Fits

Installation Details for your 2003 Infiniti G35 Sedan
    »  Your vehicle's climate controls are part of your factory radio. We recommend that you purchase a dash adapter that accommodates your new stereo and allows the climate controls to continue working. Without this adapter, you'd have to fabricate a mounting kit, run new wires, and relocate your climate controls.
infiniti G35 OEM Adapter $199.99
infiniti G35 OEM Adapter $199.99
infiniti G35 OEM Adapter $189.99
    »  If the vehicle has the factory navigation screen, it must be removed, and a factory pocket must be purchased and installed in place of it.
    »  You'll lose your factory XM capability if you replace your factory radio.
    »  You'll lose factory SIRIUS Satellite Radio capability if you replace the factory radio.
    »  You'll lose the factory navigation feature if the factory radio is removed.
    »  The OEM integration package includes a replacement dash panel that matches your vehicle's interior.
    » 

not looking very free eh?

New Post 02-14-2011 12:38 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for sicaudio Click here to Send sicaudio a Private Message Find more posts by sicaudio Add sicaudio to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
gameguru1360

yeah but doesn't crutchfield give you the exact wiring harness for your car?? if you don't know the exact metra harness, you can risk getting error codes and have to get it reset by the dealer.

That happened to a friend of mine. He got a metra harness but then didn't know what to do with a weird K-wire and ended up flagging error codes since he didn't know which metra harness to get...there were 3 different ones for his car.

New Post 02-15-2011 01:35 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for gameguru1360 Click here to Send gameguru1360 a Private Message Find more posts by gameguru1360 Add gameguru1360 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sicaudio

because there are so many variations among the dif models of each car Crutchfield has no way of knowing the exact harness you need..and that info I pasted is from Crutchfield...and it is NOT FREE!!!! however... metra has an excellent 800 free support line.

you give them the info they ask for they get you the exact part number you need..

metra is the ONLY company endorsed by EVERY car maker for aftermarket interfaces.

the phone call is free...

and look at the info on your car dude..you lose all your factory features... I have done several 08-2010 Maxima and Altimas... you have the screen in the top-center of the dash that shows all you heat-A/C controls radio stuff ect.... you lose all of it to do an aftermarket deck..trust me..

Trust in the ways of the Sic..   I do this for a living and have been for 25+ years. ;)

New Post 02-15-2011 10:12 AM
KJM01

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 02-15-2011 by sicaudio

because there are so many variations among the dif models of each car Crutchfield has no way of knowing the exact harness you need..and that info I pasted is from Crutchfield...and it is NOT FREE!!!! however... metra has an excellent 800 free support line.

you give them the info they ask for they get you the exact part number you need..

metra is the ONLY company endorsed by EVERY car maker for aftermarket interfaces.

the phone call is free...

and look at the info on your car dude..you lose all your factory features... I have done several 08-2010 Maxima and Altimas... you have the screen in the top-center of the dash that shows all you heat-A/C controls radio stuff ect.... you lose all of it to do an aftermarket deck..trust me..

Trust in the ways of the Sic..   I do this for a living and have been for 25+ years. ;)

that stinks for the g35. so your saying dont do crutchfield free stuff?buy the cda117 then call metra? Ive got a '05 ford five hundred and there is only one option for dask kits for my vehicle 05-07. but the heater controls are seperate from the radio unit 

New Post 02-15-2011 10:34 AM
sicaudio

http://www.metraonline.com/fit.aspx    

:)  thank me later..

single din is a 99-5812

double din is a 95-5812

harness is 70-5520

wire harness is a basic harness nothing fancy

there are actually 4 options for dash kits depending on deck type ( dd ect...) ;) 

your ford is a simple deal so the free stuff is fine ;)  just not great quality

New Post 02-15-2011 10:41 AM
gameguru1360

there's so many parts!

I've got an 09 altima 2.5L S, no bose, crappy factory radio with standard a/c and heater controls, crappy factory 6.5"/6x9 speakers, no Bose (thank god!), no steering wheel audio controls

I'm looking at the single din, so I'd probably want to go for that single din/pocket underneath faceplate

my a/c and heater controls are also separate from the head unit as well. I took a look at a removal of the factory stereo on youtube

New Post 02-15-2011 11:13 AM
KJM01

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 02-15-2011 by sicaudio

http://www.metraonline.com/fit.aspx    

:)  thank me later..

single din is a 99-5812

double din is a 95-5812

harness is 70-5520

wire harness is a basic harness nothing fancy

there are actually 4 options for dash kits depending on deck type ( dd ect...) ;) 

your ford is a simple deal so the free stuff is fine ;)  just not great quality

thank you sic i have visited the metra site so everything looks good. ill just order from crotchfeld and maybe order the metra stuff if im not satisfied

New Post 02-15-2011 07:33 PM
gameguru1360

I think I too will order from crutchfield since they'll give you exactly what you need. I might do the same thing too...once I have it installed, I might change to the Metra faceplate kit or something down the road..

New Post 02-16-2011 01:50 AM
KJM01

ok found out best buy has the cda117 cheaper $269. ill do that call metra, then install save a lil bit since the install isnt hard.

also woofersetc has the 9887 rite now and to call for the 9886. i know the cda has usb included and hd is seperate but i rarely listen to the radio anyways so ill wait to find the alpine tua-550hd tuner when it comes down in price

any thoughts?

New Post 02-16-2011 07:36 AM
sicaudio

metra does not sell direct to public.. autozone kits are Metra advance and checker sell them as well......BB does too but they are more expensive...you really cannot find that deck cheaper somewhere? suck as sonic or OCS???

New Post 02-16-2011 11:13 AM
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (2): [1] 2  Next next page

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. kaotiksyko, from , CO. Rol886, from Rockaway Beach, NY. Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. banelsonms, from Moss Point, MS. weezer4rock, from , . jaboran, from swanton, OH. N2Audio, from Lawrence, KS. wolfantry, from erie, PA. IBBumpin, from Columbus, NE. tjsaudio, from anytown, MI. punkroc719, from Winchester, VA. Andrew, from Linden, MI. #1audio, from newport, NC. torawi01, from Corpus Christi, TX. Stripedss, from Hampton, GA. NRred2, from New York, NY. becesaudio, from davao city, AL. ipodzrcool, from , AL.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting