Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
OnlineCarStereo.com
The best and biggest selection of mobile audio/stereo, multimedia/navigation and accessories at the lowest prices! Kenwood, Pioneer, Rockford Fosgate, JVC, Sony, Clarion, Jensen, Infinity, Kicker and more...
Car Audio Black Friday Sales!
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > Head Units > Has anyone got a gun? HD where art thou?
Go Back Pages (1): [1]
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
humblejohn

Has anyone got a gun? HD where art thou?

Am headed for nut house. As a newbie I know very little about head units. What I am seeking is a double din, hd radio with a 6 or 7" display(this is very important)a usb and aux on the front panel, xm and sirius capable, and a panel display that shows where I am (satellite or radio) and the station I am receiving. I bought a pioneer deh p7200hd and I sent it back to Cruthfield because even though it sounded great it was impossible to read the micro-display. The hd stations came in loud and clear. My problem is that I don't know the quality of the head units. Is pioneer better or can you really tell the difference? Is Kenwood better than Clarion is better than Alpine etc,etc. Does a units price say anything about its sound quality? There are only a few stations I listen to-including classic rock and classical. I don't need to hook up my iphone etc to the radio. I try to keep it simple and clear. If you can help me I thank you. If not, send me a gun.

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 02-18-2011 11:21 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for humblejohn Click here to Send humblejohn a Private Message Find more posts by humblejohn Add humblejohn to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
KJM01

RE: Has anyone got a gun? HD where art thou?

quote:
Originally posted on 02-18-2011 by humblejohn
Am headed for nut house. As a newbie I know very little about head units. What I am seeking is a double din, hd radio with a 6 or 7" display(this is very important)a usb and aux on the front panel, xm and sirius capable, and a panel display that shows where I am (satellite or radio) and the station I am receiving. I bought a pioneer deh p7200hd and I sent it back to Cruthfield because even though it sounded great it was impossible to read the micro-display. The hd stations came in loud and clear. My problem is that I don't know the quality of the head units. Is pioneer better or can you really tell the difference? Is Kenwood better than Clarion is better than Alpine etc,etc. Does a units price say anything about its sound quality? There are only a few stations I listen to-including classic rock and classical. I don't need to hook up my iphone etc to the radio. I try to keep it simple and clear. If you can help me I thank you. If not, send me a gun.

first you should see s shrink. if you are stuck on the h/u's then a good shotgun blast to the face should help lol. jk you had a decent h/u but if you are looking for a dd h/u then look at the pioneer deh4200, 7''screen solid unit around $450ish

Dont jump off a bridge, if anything jump off the tomato plant...

New Post 02-19-2011 10:29 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for KJM01 Click here to Send KJM01 a Private Message Find more posts by KJM01 Add KJM01 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sicaudio

if you liked the 7200HD ( who wouldn't it is 1 of the best decks made in the last 3 yrs...) then the 4200dvd will blow your mind!! do not pay more than 425 for it tho.. I sold and installed my last 2 about 2 weeks ago.. 1 word...FUCKINGSWEET!!!!!

New Post 02-19-2011 12:21 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for sicaudio Click here to Send sicaudio a Private Message Find more posts by sicaudio Add sicaudio to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
gameguru1360

RE: Has anyone got a gun? HD where art thou?

quote:
Originally posted on 02-18-2011 by humblejohn

what kind of gun?? =p

New Post 02-19-2011 02:04 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for gameguru1360 Click here to Send gameguru1360 a Private Message Find more posts by gameguru1360 Add gameguru1360 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sicaudio

lol

New Post 02-19-2011 02:40 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for sicaudio Click here to Send sicaudio a Private Message Find more posts by sicaudio Add sicaudio to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
one_crazy_dude

i'am a little disappointed with all the new head units with this little screen. it has stopped me from getting anything new that will drop in my car with no modding. i wish they would go back to the fold down face and just get rid of the CD player in some designs cause i use my Iphone. for now i will have to stay with my 7700mp till larger screens come out.

New Post 02-20-2011 12:33 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for one_crazy_dude Click here to Send one_crazy_dude a Private Message Find more posts by one_crazy_dude Add one_crazy_dude to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sicaudio

there are 100's of very good flip down 7" screens on the market...

New Post 02-23-2011 12:16 PM
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (1): [1]

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. Rol886, from Rockaway Beach, NY. Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. reagan1, from Rowlett, TX. soltany, from beirut, MI. 2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. kaotiksyko, from , CO. banelsonms, from Moss Point, MS. weezer4rock, from , . jaboran, from swanton, OH. N2Audio, from Lawrence, KS. wolfantry, from erie, PA. IBBumpin, from Columbus, NE. tjsaudio, from anytown, MI. punkroc719, from Winchester, VA. Andrew, from Linden, MI. #1audio, from newport, NC. torawi01, from Corpus Christi, TX. Stripedss, from Hampton, GA. NRred2, from New York, NY.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting