Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
SonicElectronix.com - 1-877-BUY-SONIC
Up to $30.00 in FREE custom install kits on select car stereos. Largest selection online, great prices, Daily Deals and FREE shipping on most products. We are an authorized dealer for Infinity, JBL, JVC, Kicker, MTX, Vibe, RE Audio and others.
Car Audio Black Friday Sales!
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > Amplifiers > kicker amp
Go Back Pages (1): [1]
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
jlang

kicker amp

came across a kicker ZX1500.1 for around $300 used. '08 model. sounds like a good deal. any thoughts?

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 02-21-2011 08:58 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for jlang Click here to Send jlang a Private Message Find more posts by jlang Add jlang to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
daman357

RE: kicker amp

quote:
Originally posted on 02-21-2011 by jlang
came across a kicker ZX1500.1 for around $300 used. '08 model. sounds like a good deal. any thoughts?

badass amp. A new one will run bout 400.00.  200.00 to 225, all i would pay for a used one

New Post 02-21-2011 09:49 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for daman357 Click here to Send daman357 a Private Message Find more posts by daman357 Add daman357 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jlang

i found em $500 for a new 1 n $400 for a refurb. jus wonderin if this would be a better buy compared to like a hifonics wit the same wattage.

New Post 02-21-2011 09:58 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for jlang Click here to Send jlang a Private Message Find more posts by jlang Add jlang to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
daman357

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 02-21-2011 by jlang
i found em $500 for a new 1 n $400 for a refurb. jus wonderin if this would be a better buy compared to like a hifonics wit the same wattage.

get  one. nice amps. I was thinking bout a brz hifonics. This dude on cardomain have one, and he said they suck just like the bxi line. Check out audiopipe. They are better than hifonics.

New Post 02-21-2011 10:24 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for daman357 Click here to Send daman357 a Private Message Find more posts by daman357 Add daman357 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
gameguru1360

I don't know who to believe...Hifonics seem and sound to be more efficient than Audiopipes. I've had no overheating issues with my AP1500d but I have noticed that even with a kinetik hc1800, I still get some dimming and I haven't added a 2nd amp to power my door speakers.

New Post 02-22-2011 02:04 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for gameguru1360 Click here to Send gameguru1360 a Private Message Find more posts by gameguru1360 Add gameguru1360 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
daman357

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 02-22-2011 by gameguru1360
I don't know who to believe...Hifonics seem and sound to be more efficient than Audiopipes. I've had no overheating issues with my AP1500d but I have noticed that even with a kinetik hc1800, I still get some dimming and I haven't added a 2nd amp to power my door speakers.

yea i feel the same way u do. Hell im going to just try out the brz2100 and see what it do. I dont no anyone to have a brz local. I sent a guy a message on cardomain, and he said his brz come on when it want to. I love my ap1800. It just get a little warm, not much. I have a little dimming only when it hit the lows. I wanna go with a little more power cause i belive the subs can handle it. Alot of folks talk bad bout audiopipe amps, but they are the hottest amps on the market nowdays

New Post 02-22-2011 11:29 AM
gameguru1360

yeah I've been looking at the BRZ1700 but deciding on trying out by going with a 2ohm sub or 4ohm dvc alpine swx. I'll still keep the lanzar Opti 1232d as a backup since I'm so used to only looking at 2ohm dvc subs. I want to see how efficient these HF brutus amps are.

New Post 02-22-2011 11:55 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for gameguru1360 Click here to Send gameguru1360 a Private Message Find more posts by gameguru1360 Add gameguru1360 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
daman357

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 02-22-2011 by gameguru1360
yeah I've been looking at the BRZ1700 but deciding on trying out by going with a 2ohm sub or 4ohm dvc alpine swx. I'll still keep the lanzar Opti 1232d as a backup since I'm so used to only looking at 2ohm dvc subs. I want to see how efficient these HF brutus amps are.

cool. if u get a brz before i do let me no what it do. seems like the brz line is real damn solid.

New Post 02-22-2011 12:00 PM
sicaudio

goto www.carstereoforum.com and pm Chris of DB-r electronics...personally...he is the goto guy for amp knowledge and repairs... this is his quoted reply regarding Hifonics vs Audiopipe... ... . . . . . [QUOTE=dB-r;20208]Hmm. I'm 35, I have an old (1986 model) HiFonics Colossus VI, and it's great! Seriously guys, the HiFonics isn't that bad. If you had repeated trouble with them maybe it was mounted to the sub box or some part of the car that flexed really bad? They are not happy with vibration.... The Audiopipe is FAR worse build quality than the HiFonics. Both the HiFonics Brutus series and the Audiopipe are made in China, and of the two, the Audiopipe is LESS overrrated but is far worse build quality than the HiFonics line. The HiFonics Brutus is basically built as good as Korean amps are, the Audiopipe is typical chinese. I suspect we will be working on ALOT of Audiopipe amps this year since they were so popular last year, it will take a while for the solder connections to start coming undone in them, and the cheap ultra thin PCB traces to start breaking, but it will happen. I'd pick the HiFonics before an Audiopipe based on what I have seen inside them.... If you can get an RD Korean made (D5, D9 or older RD models) or any Sundown or Audioque, etc amp you are way better off than with an Audiopipe in the long run. Just a warning, those things are gonna start breaking like mad soon. Cheapest circuit board on the planet in those things... I could barely work on them without them falling apart from just barely any heat from my iron...[/QUOTE]..................getting tired of everyone actually believing AP makes good amps...they make cheap ass CHINESE built amps of the worst possible quality....you get what you pay for...

New Post 02-23-2011 01:44 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for sicaudio Click here to Send sicaudio a Private Message Find more posts by sicaudio Add sicaudio to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SINTORMAN

first off.. sorry for misdirecting your thread jlang. Even though I am on Sic's side I will take a completely unbiased opinion. Daman, in all the threads that I have seen you recommend and defend audiopipe I have not once seen you use statistics or facts to back up audiopipe. All of your statements are opinions plain and simple. Sic has provided a quote from a reliable source and has even given the reader a way to find out for themselves by asking someone who is once again more reliable than pure speculation. It seems that every thread is this and that just blah. PROVIDE SOME FACTS AND SETTLE THIS! :)

New Post 02-24-2011 01:52 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for SINTORMAN Click here to Send SINTORMAN a Private Message Find more posts by SINTORMAN Add SINTORMAN to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jayshawn31

looking for kicker amp new or uses

i am looking for a kicker zx1500.1 amp for my 2 12" kickers but i don;t want to spend $400 or $500 for one i live in new york can any 1 help me

New Post 06-16-2011 11:57 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for jayshawn31 Click here to Send jayshawn31 a Private Message Find more posts by jayshawn31 Add jayshawn31 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jayshawn31

looking for kicker amp new or uses

i am looking for a kicker zx1500.1 amp for my 2 12" kickers but i don;t want to spend $400 or $500 for one i live in new york can any 1 help me

New Post 06-17-2011 12:01 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for jayshawn31 Click here to Send jayshawn31 a Private Message Find more posts by jayshawn31 Add jayshawn31 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SINTORMAN

first try craigslist locally. Well I assume you mean used. Then try like roe or other bigger forums that have sales on them. And why a kicker amp? you are going to get effed on the price. A lot more can be had for cheaper.

New Post 06-17-2011 12:38 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for SINTORMAN Click here to Send SINTORMAN a Private Message Find more posts by SINTORMAN Add SINTORMAN to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (1): [1]

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. kaotiksyko, from , CO. Rol886, from Rockaway Beach, NY. Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. banelsonms, from Moss Point, MS. weezer4rock, from , . jaboran, from swanton, OH. N2Audio, from Lawrence, KS. wolfantry, from erie, PA. IBBumpin, from Columbus, NE. tjsaudio, from anytown, MI. punkroc719, from Winchester, VA. Andrew, from Linden, MI. #1audio, from newport, NC. torawi01, from Corpus Christi, TX. Stripedss, from Hampton, GA. NRred2, from New York, NY. becesaudio, from davao city, AL. ipodzrcool, from , AL.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting