Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
SonicElectronix.com - 1-877-BUY-SONIC
Up to $30.00 in FREE custom install kits on select car stereos. Largest selection online, great prices, Daily Deals and FREE shipping on most products. We are an authorized dealer for Infinity, JBL, JVC, Kicker, MTX, Vibe, RE Audio and others.
Car Audio Black Friday Sales!
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > Head Units > Is the Sony "Bus audio in" essentially an AUX port?
Go Back Pages (1): [1]
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
mcf57

Is the Sony

I'm looking to get a new car stereo for my truck. I have decided to get the Sony CDX-GT550UI. I have been able to locate the manual online and have looked it over thoroughly. In its rear panel diagram, it has two RCA ports listed as "Bus audio in". Is this essentially like an AUX port on the back? I ask because I have an older & simple SIRIUS plug-n-play radio that I plan to use with this Sony unit. Since I am just gonna plug this SIRIUS radio's 3.5" headphone output to the Sony receiver, I was originally thinking I would need an adapter that would plug into the Sony CD changer port. Then connect the SIRIUS P-n-P radio to this adapter. However, I'm wondering if I can use this "bus audio in" connection somehow instead. Or is this intended for something else?

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 03-12-2011 11:01 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for mcf57 Click here to Send mcf57 a Private Message Find more posts by mcf57 Add mcf57 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sicaudio

not sure on the sony... get a pioneer dude they are tons better...

New Post 03-12-2011 11:36 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for sicaudio Click here to Send sicaudio a Private Message Find more posts by sicaudio Add sicaudio to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mcf57

Sony AUX

The truck its going into ('94 Nissan) is not gonna be real fancy so not sure it matters. And for certain reasons, this Sony I am interested in has more features I want at a lower cost so I think I'm gonna stick with this Sony for now. Just trying to figure out what this "bus audio in" exactly is. How it works & if I can use it the way I want.

New Post 03-13-2011 01:58 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for mcf57 Click here to Send mcf57 a Private Message Find more posts by mcf57 Add mcf57 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sicaudio

google it...

New Post 03-13-2011 10:19 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for sicaudio Click here to Send sicaudio a Private Message Find more posts by sicaudio Add sicaudio to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (1): [1]

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. soltany, from beirut, MI. Rol886, from Rockaway Beach, NY. 2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. kaotiksyko, from , CO. banelsonms, from Moss Point, MS. weezer4rock, from , . jaboran, from swanton, OH. N2Audio, from Lawrence, KS. wolfantry, from erie, PA. IBBumpin, from Columbus, NE. tjsaudio, from anytown, MI. punkroc719, from Winchester, VA. Andrew, from Linden, MI. #1audio, from newport, NC. torawi01, from Corpus Christi, TX. Stripedss, from Hampton, GA. NRred2, from New York, NY. becesaudio, from davao city, AL.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting