Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
SonicElectronix.com - 1-877-BUY-SONIC
Up to $30.00 in FREE custom install kits on select car stereos. Largest selection online, great prices, Daily Deals and FREE shipping on most products. We are an authorized dealer for Infinity, JBL, JVC, Kicker, MTX, Vibe, RE Audio and others.
Car Audio Black Friday Sales!
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > Subwoofers and Speakers > Help with bandpass box
Go Back Pages (1): [1]
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
d2freak82

Help with bandpass box

Alright, I have an old school orion hcca 15d2 that I want to slam in a bandpass box because I've never done one... but I need to know how to design it and well build it, I have all the small parameters and what not for the sub if someone could offer to help!

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 03-13-2011 02:40 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for d2freak82 Click here to Send d2freak82 a Private Message Find more posts by d2freak82 Add d2freak82 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
d2freak82

Alright scratch that I've been talked into just doing ported... .(grr) but I need help converting (2) 4" by 14" long ports to 6"

New Post 03-13-2011 02:57 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for d2freak82 Click here to Send d2freak82 a Private Message Find more posts by d2freak82 Add d2freak82 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
d2freak82

I used http://www.mobileinformationlabs.com/HowTo-1Woofer-Box-CAL%20Port%20lenth%201.htm

and input the enclosure volume which is 4 cubic foot, the desired frequency which is 33hz and I put 6" in for desired port diameter. It gave me 13.1" length

can anyone verify this?

New Post 03-13-2011 03:00 PM
sicaudio

if you are positive the box is exactly 4cf gross you still have to account for sub and port displacements... the calculators do not do that...you actually have 3.6 using a 15" long single 6" port at 33 hz..accounting for .15 for the sub..

New Post 03-13-2011 04:35 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for sicaudio Click here to Send sicaudio a Private Message Find more posts by sicaudio Add sicaudio to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
d2freak82

sorry for the sarcasm here but DURRR

I've built just I don't know 1 or 2 boxes in my life lol

the port also won't fully be in the box

and the sub displacement is .3

New Post 03-13-2011 06:12 PM
sicaudio

omg duh on my part... i missed the hcca part... it doesnt effect it much tho...add .5 inches to 15.5 for 33Hz...

New Post 03-13-2011 06:29 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for sicaudio Click here to Send sicaudio a Private Message Find more posts by sicaudio Add sicaudio to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
d2freak82

alright sic you're fired! l2read lol the box actually needs to be between 3.5-4 but if you go by orion specs it's 4 for sq box which is what I plan to use. I got talked out of doing the bandpass which is no fun... but I imagine a 15 that takes 1 of my amps instead of 2 my charging system will be much more friendly to

New Post 03-13-2011 07:48 PM
sicaudio

personally I wouldn't go more than 3cf total for an hcca...

New Post 03-13-2011 08:20 PM
d2freak82

hcca 10d calls for 1.4, 12d 2.25, 15d 4.0 33hz@ 8db (not sure what that means at 8db) that's the spec sheet.... I've played in a box similar with the port it asks for and it sounded good. It's been reconed since with upgraded spiders and so on, not that you much care. It sounded good and the box in there now is 5cubes... so it's an improvement

New Post 03-13-2011 08:44 PM
sicaudio

are these pre 2006? cuz those do like 4-5.5 cf for the 15's... dif sub entirely from the newer models..

New Post 03-13-2011 09:15 PM
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (1): [1]

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. kaotiksyko, from , CO. Rol886, from Rockaway Beach, NY. Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. banelsonms, from Moss Point, MS. weezer4rock, from , . jaboran, from swanton, OH. N2Audio, from Lawrence, KS. wolfantry, from erie, PA. 2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. IBBumpin, from Columbus, NE. tjsaudio, from anytown, MI. punkroc719, from Winchester, VA. Andrew, from Linden, MI. #1audio, from newport, NC. torawi01, from Corpus Christi, TX. Stripedss, from Hampton, GA. NRred2, from New York, NY. becesaudio, from davao city, AL. ipodzrcool, from , AL.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting