Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
OnlineCarStereo.com
The best and biggest selection of mobile audio/stereo, multimedia/navigation and accessories at the lowest prices! Kenwood, Pioneer, Rockford Fosgate, JVC, Sony, Clarion, Jensen, Infinity, Kicker and more...
Car Audio Black Friday Sales!
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > Head Units > squealing in speakers
Go Back Pages (1): [1]
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
laro

squealing in speakers

Ok guys i have a problem and i cant figure it out. the problem is im getting squealing through my speakers ive tried new rcas still have same sound a different amp still same thing i check the ground it looks fine. my set up is a alpine 9886 hooked up to a soundstream eq from the eq it hooks up to a jl300/2 two days ago had it hooked up to a usamp md42 didnt notice the problem then after i put in the jl amp i noticed it right off i dont know what else to do NEED HELP

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 03-15-2011 11:00 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for laro Click here to Send laro a Private Message Find more posts by laro Add laro to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sicaudio

start double checking rca and wires at every location... by pass the eq and see if it goes away...

New Post 03-15-2011 11:47 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for sicaudio Click here to Send sicaudio a Private Message Find more posts by sicaudio Add sicaudio to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
laro

im thinking its the eq cause this has never happen before an i used a new set of rcas an still have same problem.will this noise hurt my speakers

New Post 03-15-2011 11:51 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for laro Click here to Send laro a Private Message Find more posts by laro Add laro to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sicaudio

it is why I said to bypass the EQ :)...and yes the noise can hurt the speakers if it is distorted or possibly feedback ( dc current...very bad on speakers ) ...

New Post 03-15-2011 11:59 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for sicaudio Click here to Send sicaudio a Private Message Find more posts by sicaudio Add sicaudio to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
laro

ok ill try that an see what happens thanks

New Post 03-16-2011 12:02 AM
laro

my soundstream eq was causing the squealing in the speakers could had somthing with the settings on the jl amp

New Post 03-16-2011 10:45 PM
sicaudio

personally I don't use eq's...I use the deck / amp or external crossovers only..

New Post 03-17-2011 09:57 AM
gameguru1360

what's wrong with eq's?? just one more thing to go wrong with electronics??

New Post 03-26-2011 02:43 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for gameguru1360 Click here to Send gameguru1360 a Private Message Find more posts by gameguru1360 Add gameguru1360 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ianarian

Nothing is wrong with EQ's. Ever since I went from cd to mp3 I have felt the need to have a way to balance the sound in some manner. I'll argue to the death of me that the rca's from the source are not the best signals that can be fed to a amp. The x-overs in any amp I have ever used are not the best way to control the Hz cut offs needed in a high output system. Even before I got my first electronic x-over I have always felt that there is a better way. Since my very first system, I have always used some sort of pre-amp signal controller.

New Post 03-26-2011 06:40 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Ianarian Click here to Send Ianarian a Private Message Find more posts by Ianarian Add Ianarian to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sicaudio

I am hard core.. i refuse to use MP3 on my setups...lol but I will use a good signal processor :)

New Post 03-26-2011 09:49 PM
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (1): [1]

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. kaotiksyko, from , CO. Rol886, from Rockaway Beach, NY. Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. banelsonms, from Moss Point, MS. weezer4rock, from , . jaboran, from swanton, OH. N2Audio, from Lawrence, KS. wolfantry, from erie, PA. 2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. IBBumpin, from Columbus, NE. tjsaudio, from anytown, MI. punkroc719, from Winchester, VA. Andrew, from Linden, MI. #1audio, from newport, NC. torawi01, from Corpus Christi, TX. Stripedss, from Hampton, GA. NRred2, from New York, NY. becesaudio, from davao city, AL. ipodzrcool, from , AL.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting