Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
OnlineCarStereo.com
The best and biggest selection of mobile audio/stereo, multimedia/navigation and accessories at the lowest prices! Kenwood, Pioneer, Rockford Fosgate, JVC, Sony, Clarion, Jensen, Infinity, Kicker and more...
Car Audio Black Friday Sales!
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > CarStereo.com Lobby > 87 vs 93 octane
Go Back Pages (1): [1]
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
daman357

87 vs 93 octane

Just bought another towncar. it is a 01 excecutive. It calls for 87. Is it ok i run 93 chevron?  I run 93 in my 99 towncar, which thats what it calls for. just need some opionions!!!

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 03-17-2011 09:20 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for daman357 Click here to Send daman357 a Private Message Find more posts by daman357 Add daman357 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
1sr

It's ok if you do it's not going to hurt the car just your wallet

New Post 03-17-2011 09:26 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for 1sr Click here to Send 1sr a Private Message Find more posts by 1sr Add 1sr to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
daman357

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 03-17-2011 by 1sr

ok cool. been running 93 in my other one. just was curious would it hurt the engine. thanks

New Post 03-17-2011 09:52 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for daman357 Click here to Send daman357 a Private Message Find more posts by daman357 Add daman357 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
daman357

RE:

quote:

ok cool. been running 93 in my other one. just was curious would it hurt the engine. thanks

New Post 03-17-2011 09:52 PM
1sr

no problem, it would be bad to run 87 on your other one

New Post 03-17-2011 10:27 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for 1sr Click here to Send 1sr a Private Message Find more posts by 1sr Add 1sr to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
daman357

RE:

quote:
no problem, it would be bad to run 87 on your other one

i put 87 in it once and it didnt like it about 2 years ago. ever since then only 93. My 99 is a signature touring sedan. The 01 is the executive. Its still a brand new car. has 30,000 miles on it. Bought it for 2900.00

New Post 03-17-2011 11:05 PM
1sr

Damn you got a good deal. That car is practically brand new

New Post 03-17-2011 11:24 PM
daman357

RE:

quote:
Damn you got a good deal. That car is practically brand new

yea, old lady had it. clean as a whisltle

New Post 03-18-2011 08:49 AM
sicaudio

fwiw if it will run on 87 w/o pinging then do it... the higher octane will not improve MPG or help the engine in any way at all...those are myths...on the other side of that same coin if it does require a higher octane you must use it or cause damage to the valvetrain from camming ( pinging )...it is all based on compression and very very few of that model car has the higher compression engines in them...

New Post 03-18-2011 09:56 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for sicaudio Click here to Send sicaudio a Private Message Find more posts by sicaudio Add sicaudio to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
gameguru1360

on the newer cars, the onboard computer will adjust the timing if the manual says it should run 91 octane but you use 87. I know with the 07+ altimas, the onboard computer will automatically adjust for lower octane, but the higher octane gas is recommended for better performance

New Post 03-20-2011 08:11 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for gameguru1360 Click here to Send gameguru1360 a Private Message Find more posts by gameguru1360 Add gameguru1360 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sicaudio

exactly....and only smaller high compression motors benefit from higher octane fuels...I guarantee my 11.5:1 compression hot rod has way way higher compression / octane requirements than anything stock and it runs fine on 91 usually... sometimes I have to add in a few gallons per tank of sunoco 104 octane race fuel in the summer due to the heat...

New Post 03-20-2011 09:17 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for sicaudio Click here to Send sicaudio a Private Message Find more posts by sicaudio Add sicaudio to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
gameguru1360

that's gotta be costly! How much is racing fuel usually per gallon?? Last time I remember when I was with a friend was about $45 a gallon!

New Post 03-21-2011 02:07 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for gameguru1360 Click here to Send gameguru1360 a Private Message Find more posts by gameguru1360 Add gameguru1360 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sicaudio

sunoco sponsors our racing program ;) so we pay around $8 a gallon...we buy 55 gallon drums 4 at a time......here is a link to my young partner Andy and a few of the cars........http://www.myspace.com/aracer20b . . . . look at the vids ;) they are reallyold and all of it has changed butit gives ya an idea ;) that Dmax will now smoke a Z06 vette....the green allout performance car now has a 396 BBC with a huge Supercharger tucked under the hood...1206 HP at the wheels :) and looks bone stock...the 02 TA is the same 1 that is in my sicaudiocolorado you tube channel and has 2 new twin 78mm turboes :) ( not finishing it til May tho ) and it "should" be close to 1250HP at the wheels when we are done...on the test drive it snapped a 1" stainless torque arm on the rear end... we are bumping them to 1 5/8"...the 69 Cammy has an all new 556ci BBC dart block and ran a 8.06 this year on its debut at the track during time trials...but we broke a front link and got sidelined so we are in the process of putting a 4 link rear with ladders ( wheelie bars to prevent the front from lifting so far ) and a new chute setup on it... we are hoping it will run low 8 consistently... it runs on 4 aero 1000 fuel pumps...just they by themselves are louder than most street rod motors are lol...for a carb setup it has a custom body BG dominator 1600 cfm that flows 2300 cfm and she burns close to a gallon of fuel per minute at full throttle...6500 rpms loaded...she has to have at least a 117 octane Methanol/fuel mix...18.5:1 compression all natural motor power :)

New Post 03-21-2011 09:10 AM
1sr

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 03-21-2011 by sicaudio
sunoco sponsors our racing program ;) so we pay around $8 a gallon...we buy 55 gallon drums 4 at a time......here is a link to my young partner Andy and a few of the cars........http://www.myspace.com/aracer20b . . . . look at the vids ;) they are reallyold and all of it has changed butit gives ya an idea ;) that Dmax will now smoke a Z06 vette....the green allout performance car now has a 396 BBC with a huge Supercharger tucked under the hood...1206 HP at the wheels :) and looks bone stock...the 02 TA is the same 1 that is in my sicaudiocolorado you tube channel and has 2 new twin 78mm turboes :) ( not finishing it til May tho ) and it "should" be close to 1250HP at the wheels when we are done...on the test drive it snapped a 1" stainless torque arm on the rear end... we are bumping them to 1 5/8"...the 69 Cammy has an all new 556ci BBC dart block and ran a 8.06 this year on its debut at the track during time trials...but we broke a front link and got sidelined so we are in the process of putting a 4 link rear with ladders ( wheelie bars to prevent the front from lifting so far ) and a new chute setup on it... we are hoping it will run low 8 consistently... it runs on 4 aero 1000 fuel pumps...just they by themselves are louder than most street rod motors are lol...for a carb setup it has a custom body BG dominator 1600 cfm that flows 2300 cfm and she burns close to a gallon of fuel per minute at full throttle...6500 rpms loaded...she has to have at least a 117 octane Methanol/fuel mix...18.5:1 compression all natural motor power :)

Damn I think I just had an orgasm........you just made my day

New Post 03-21-2011 11:20 AM
sicaudio

lol we haz lots a toys which is why I iz always a broke ass whiteboy... lol i didn't even list my 914 bhp 78 Z28...it is my daily driver lol getting ready to do a motor swap on it from a 409sbc to a 457 sbc ;)

New Post 03-21-2011 11:53 AM
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (1): [1]

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. Rol886, from Rockaway Beach, NY. Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. banelsonms, from Moss Point, MS. weezer4rock, from , . jaboran, from swanton, OH. N2Audio, from Lawrence, KS. wolfantry, from erie, PA. 2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. IBBumpin, from Columbus, NE. tjsaudio, from anytown, MI. kaotiksyko, from , CO. punkroc719, from Winchester, VA. Andrew, from Linden, MI. #1audio, from newport, NC. torawi01, from Corpus Christi, TX. Stripedss, from Hampton, GA. NRred2, from New York, NY. becesaudio, from davao city, AL. ipodzrcool, from , AL.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting