Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
SonicElectronix.com - 1-877-BUY-SONIC
Up to $30.00 in FREE custom install kits on select car stereos. Largest selection online, great prices, Daily Deals and FREE shipping on most products. We are an authorized dealer for Infinity, JBL, JVC, Kicker, MTX, Vibe, RE Audio and others.
Car Audio Black Friday Sales!
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > CarStereo.com Lobby > front end noise
Go Back Pages (1): [1]
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
daman357

front end noise

Been having noises in my front end on my 99 lincoln towncar  sig. Got the lower and upper ball joints, lower bushing kit on both sides, tie rod end inner and outer both sides, and its still making noise. Steering and when i push down on front end.  I could just bump the car and hear the noise. mostly on the passenger side. Do anyone no what could be going on? 

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 03-23-2011 09:45 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for daman357 Click here to Send daman357 a Private Message Find more posts by daman357 Add daman357 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sicaudio

struts or hub assembly is all thats left..

New Post 03-23-2011 11:46 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for sicaudio Click here to Send sicaudio a Private Message Find more posts by sicaudio Add sicaudio to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
daman357

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 03-23-2011 by sicaudio
struts or hub assembly is all thats left..

pe put to shocks on the front to. are u talking bout the strut mount bearings?

New Post 03-24-2011 12:06 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for daman357 Click here to Send daman357 a Private Message Find more posts by daman357 Add daman357 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sicaudio

yep they get dirty inside and make a grind or pop noise.. they are technically supposed to replaced whenever the struts are replaced..they are a bearing inside that wears pretty bad

New Post 03-24-2011 12:35 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for sicaudio Click here to Send sicaudio a Private Message Find more posts by sicaudio Add sicaudio to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
daman357

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 03-24-2011 by sicaudio
yep they get dirty inside and make a grind or pop noise.. they are technically supposed to replaced whenever the struts are replaced..they are a bearing inside that wears pretty bad

thanks. im going to try that out. hope this the problem.

New Post 03-24-2011 09:05 AM
sicaudio

jack the front of the car off the ground and turn the wheels back and forth and see if you can here them do it... then do it on the ground... if it is less loud in the air ( unloaded ) that is the most likely source... GL :)

New Post 03-24-2011 10:36 AM
daman357

RE:

quote:
jack the front of the car off the ground and turn the wheels back and forth and see if you can here them do it... then do it on the ground... if it is less loud in the air ( unloaded ) that is the most likely source... GL :)

man u were right again... thats is the problem... my mechainc couldnt figure it out for nothing. Done spent 800 bucks on front end. its was the strut mount bearing all the time. lol... my whole front end moog now... he gone install them moday. thanks homie

New Post 03-24-2011 10:04 PM
sicaudio

for the record i have Asbergers syndrome...it is a mild form of autism... that is why i do what I do ;) when I learn something I never forget it...and rarely get it wrong. that is also why I have done so many things in life... car audio and auto repair are my passions so i opened up shops to do both ;)

New Post 03-24-2011 11:06 PM
daman357

RE:

quote:
for the record i have Asbergers syndrome...it is a mild form of autism... that is why i do what I do ;) when I learn something I never forget it...and rarely get it wrong. that is also why I have done so many things in life... car audio and auto repair are my passions so i opened up shops to do both ;)

lolz...

New Post 03-25-2011 06:13 PM
gameguru1360

RE:

quote:

actually your asbergers syndrome sounds like a good thing because if you look at it, it comes in handy when it comes to pinpointing problems with car audio and auto repair.

some people think that autism is a disorder, but if you look at it, people with autism are very adept in concentrating or specifying on specific topics or aspects. I mean sure most autistic people aren't socially accepted, but not everyone can be the life of the party!

New Post 03-26-2011 02:30 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for gameguru1360 Click here to Send gameguru1360 a Private Message Find more posts by gameguru1360 Add gameguru1360 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sicaudio

lucky for me it is not socially debilitating..and yes you are correct....my focus gets very intense and i love car audio / automotive repair so I view it as a gift from God...

New Post 03-27-2011 09:24 AM
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (1): [1]

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. kaotiksyko, from , CO. Rol886, from Rockaway Beach, NY. Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. banelsonms, from Moss Point, MS. weezer4rock, from , . jaboran, from swanton, OH. N2Audio, from Lawrence, KS. wolfantry, from erie, PA. 2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. IBBumpin, from Columbus, NE. tjsaudio, from anytown, MI. punkroc719, from Winchester, VA. Andrew, from Linden, MI. #1audio, from newport, NC. torawi01, from Corpus Christi, TX. Stripedss, from Hampton, GA. NRred2, from New York, NY. becesaudio, from davao city, AL. ipodzrcool, from , AL.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting