Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
OnlineCarStereo.com
The best and biggest selection of mobile audio/stereo, multimedia/navigation and accessories at the lowest prices! Kenwood, Pioneer, Rockford Fosgate, JVC, Sony, Clarion, Jensen, Infinity, Kicker and more...
Car Audio Black Friday Sales!
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > Subwoofers and Speakers > Speaker Prices. Whats good and whats overpriced
Go Back Pages (11): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10  Next next page
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
ymalmsteen887

Speaker Prices. Whats good and whats overpriced

The speakers on bestbuy.com are pretty expensive like the alpine type r 10s are 179 each and the 12s are 203 each. According to sic the crunch ground pounders are cheaper and hit harder although I cant find them from a dealer online. I wanted you guys to rate and tell how some of these speakers play. Paticuarly JL, JBL ,Polk Audio, Sony ,Pioneer ,Kicker ,Diesel Audio, MTX, Ascendent Audio, Rockford Fosgate, Memphis Audio, Infinity, Kenwood, Dual , Legacy, Lanzar, Orion and Cadence. Its hard to imagine if the crunch speakers are better than higher priced speakers and havent gotten more recognition why is everyone buying alpines if ground pounders are better? I want this entire thread to be about all the differnt speakers and what they are capable of. I just want something that plays loud not sure if I will be picky about the sound quality or will even be able to tell a difference as long as it sounds like an earthquake coming through the neighberhood.

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 03-25-2011 06:53 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for ymalmsteen887 Click here to Send ymalmsteen887 a Private Message Find more posts by ymalmsteen887 Add ymalmsteen887 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
larrypeters86

You are going to have to narrow that comparison opinion thing quite a bit. It would take me an hour to give you my opinion of that list.

New Post 03-25-2011 09:09 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for larrypeters86 Click here to Send larrypeters86 a Private Message Find more posts by larrypeters86 Add larrypeters86 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ymalmsteen887

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 03-25-2011 by larrypeters86
You are going to have to narrow that comparison opinion thing quite a bit. It would take me an hour to give you my opinion of that list.

well take it one at a time then. To start what do you think of the crunch ground pounders compared to alpine type rs

New Post 03-25-2011 09:24 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for ymalmsteen887 Click here to Send ymalmsteen887 a Private Message Find more posts by ymalmsteen887 Add ymalmsteen887 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
larrypeters86

RE: Speaker Prices. Whats good and whats overpriced

quote:
Originally posted on 03-25-2011 by ymalmsteen887

The speakers on bestbuy.com are pretty expensive like the alpine type r 10s are 179 each and the 12s are 203 each. According to sic the crunch ground pounders are cheaper and hit harder although I cant find them from a dealer online. I wanted you guys to rate and tell how some of these speakers play. Paticuarly JL, JBL ,Polk Audio, Sony ,Pioneer ,Kicker ,Diesel Audio, MTX, Ascendent Audio, Rockford Fosgate, Memphis Audio, Infinity, Kenwood, Dual , Legacy, Lanzar, Orion and Cadence. Its hard to imagine if the crunch speakers are better than higher priced speakers and havent gotten more recognition why is everyone buying alpines if ground pounders are better? I want this entire thread to be about all the differnt speakers and what they are capable of. I just want something that plays loud not sure if I will be picky about the sound quality or will even be able to tell a difference as long as it sounds like an earthquake coming through the neighberhood.

WTF....I'll give it a try......JL....Overpriced for sure. The subs are pretty much in general amazing. I don't give a flying fuck what anyone here says but they are. I will say however that I will die before I pay retail for most of the line. W6 and 7 are fantastic as well as the W0 and x and w3. The w1 is garbage.
JBL power and GTI are great subs. The Power is dirt cheap with a high sensetivity. The GTI is an SQL monster.
The only Polk I like anymore is the SR series. Great kinda sq driver.
Sony....I don't like any of Sony since the ES XES lines.
Pioneer.....The low end is junk but the higher end stuff is nice. What is their monster series called???? Champion series I think. I have heard them and was kinda surprised. The problem is the retail. You can do better for the money.
Kicker I don't like at all just like Diesal....that is absolute junk.
MTX amps are good but their subs suck
Ascendant Audio makes some damm fine products. The AA carbon mids have a great rep as well as their subs.
RF.....Meh.....
Memphis....I'm sure they still make decent products...I just haven't been exposed to any of their newer stuff.
Infinity.....Harmon Garbage.....
Kenwood.....Nice hu's that are a real bargain....I wouldn't bother with anything else they make except for ....They make a top of the line amp series that I can't remember the name...Hold on.......It's the XR series...they are badass.
Dual and Legacy are flea market junk.
Lanzar.....I will be nice to fellow members here and say that I truly believe their golden yrs were when Stephen Mantz built their amps....I have never owned or installed one of their subs or speakers.
Orion.....Sounds like they still make a badass sub after selling out so to speak. Once again no experience with them....At least not the newer sold out stuff.
What I just went through above is listing most of the companies that at one time were independant companies. Most of them have been bought out and the only resemblance of the original company is the logo.

New Post 03-25-2011 09:29 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for larrypeters86 Click here to Send larrypeters86 a Private Message Find more posts by larrypeters86 Add larrypeters86 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
larrypeters86

RE: RE:

quote:

well take it one at a time then. To start what do you think of the crunch ground pounders compared to alpine type rs

You really want me to do this....Sic sells Crunch and he is kinda alright with me.
Crunch is one of those brands that were bought out like I mentioned above. .......Alpine Type R's suck IMO but I have never really liked them. There are members here that can give you a better opinion on this. I really can't comment on experience myself but I will say i would pick something else in a heartbeat over both of those. Sorry Sic....Gotta be honest.

New Post 03-25-2011 09:33 PM
recover

Just wondering was RF ever bought out?

I was looking on woofersetc the other day and ran acrossed this MTX sub. It looks pretty nice with a big ol price tag on it . Have you heard anything about it ?

http://www.woofersetc.com/p-2203-t9510-04-mtx-thunder-9500-10-svc-subwoofer.aspx

New Post 03-25-2011 10:08 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for recover Click here to Send recover a Private Message Find more posts by recover Add recover to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ymalmsteen887

RE: RE: RE:

quote:
You really want me to do this....Sic sells Crunch and he is kinda alright with me.
Crunch is one of those brands that were bought out like I mentioned above. .......Alpine Type R's suck IMO but I have never really liked them. There are members here that can give you a better opinion on this. I really can't comment on experience myself but I will say i would pick something else in a heartbeat over both of those. Sorry Sic....Gotta be honest.

Well thats interesting cause the alpine type rs two 15inch speakers are the only subs I have ever heard up close and they sounded awesome put a smile on my face. Im not saying its because they are alpines its because that was my first time hearing loud bass like that and any other subs could have probably done the same thing so if you are saying there are speakers that sound better that is great.

I really want to think sic's recommendation of the crunches are well pleasing but alot of people dont talk about them and people buy alpines all the time what gives.

New Post 03-25-2011 10:11 PM
sicaudio

RE: RE: RE:

quote:

np man do what you do ;)

New Post 03-25-2011 11:14 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for sicaudio Click here to Send sicaudio a Private Message Find more posts by sicaudio Add sicaudio to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sicaudio

RE: RE: RE: RE:

quote:

Well thats interesting cause the alpine type rs two 15inch speakers are the only subs I have ever heard up close and they sounded awesome put a smile on my face. Im not saying its because they are alpines its because that was my first time hearing loud bass like that and any other subs could have probably done the same thing so if you are saying there are speakers that sound better that is great.

I really want to think sic's recommendation of the crunches are well pleasing but alot of people dont talk about them and people buy alpines all the time what gives.

alpine is mainstream...crunch and HIFONICs are not.... but maxxsonics...more specifically HIFONICS ..SELL more D class amps than any other company out there..if ya wanna spend money instead of dick around I also sell AA, alpine and RE...YOU SAID THAT you wanted cheap cost...crunch is cheap on cost and will rape an alpine all day..

New Post 03-25-2011 11:17 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for sicaudio Click here to Send sicaudio a Private Message Find more posts by sicaudio Add sicaudio to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
larrypeters86

You sell ascendant?

New Post 03-26-2011 08:54 AM
larrypeters86

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 03-25-2011 by recover

Just wondering was RF ever bought out?

I was looking on woofersetc the other day and ran acrossed this MTX sub. It looks pretty nice with a big ol price tag on it . Have you heard anything about it ?

http://www.woofersetc.com/p-2203-t9510-04-mtx-thunder-9500-10-svc-subwoofer.aspx

RF was never bought out by anyone....at least I don't think. Rf went the mainstream route to appeal to the teenage kid at best buy. I just don't like the price of mtx subs....I could do much better for the price of the 9500

New Post 03-26-2011 08:59 AM
larrypeters86

RE: RE: RE: RE:

quote:

If you only have one brand in front of you without being exposed to a lot of other equipment...you could be impressed by a type r.

New Post 03-26-2011 09:02 AM
sicaudio

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 03-26-2011 by larrypeters86
You sell ascendant?

yeah the new shop is all Alpine AA and RE as mainlines...so far it has not done squat lolz

New Post 03-26-2011 09:09 AM
larrypeters86

What do the Carbon mids go for?

New Post 03-26-2011 09:38 AM
ymalmsteen887

RE: RE: RE: RE: RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 03-25-2011 by sicaudio
alpine is mainstream...crunch and HIFONICs are not.... but maxxsonics...more specifically HIFONICS ..SELL more D class amps than any other company out there..if ya wanna spend money instead of dick around I also sell AA, alpine and RE...YOU SAID THAT you wanted cheap cost...crunch is cheap on cost and will rape an alpine all day..

Yeah I know I just dont understand why they arent popular if they are better and cheaper than an alpine

New Post 03-26-2011 12:14 PM
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (11): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10  Next next page

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. Rol886, from Rockaway Beach, NY. Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. reagan1, from Rowlett, TX. soltany, from beirut, MI. 2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. kaotiksyko, from , CO. banelsonms, from Moss Point, MS. weezer4rock, from , . jaboran, from swanton, OH. N2Audio, from Lawrence, KS. wolfantry, from erie, PA. IBBumpin, from Columbus, NE. tjsaudio, from anytown, MI. punkroc719, from Winchester, VA. Andrew, from Linden, MI. #1audio, from newport, NC. torawi01, from Corpus Christi, TX. Stripedss, from Hampton, GA. NRred2, from New York, NY.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting