Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
OnlineCarStereo.com
The best and biggest selection of mobile audio/stereo, multimedia/navigation and accessories at the lowest prices! Kenwood, Pioneer, Rockford Fosgate, JVC, Sony, Clarion, Jensen, Infinity, Kicker and more...
Car Audio Black Friday Sales!
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > Amplifiers > new brz amps
Go Back Pages (5): [1] 2 3 4 5  Next next page
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
gameguru1360

new brz amps

are the new brutus amps underrated or do more than listed power Sic?? Looking to get the brz1200d to power an alpine SWX-1243d...

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 03-27-2011 01:32 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for gameguru1360 Click here to Send gameguru1360 a Private Message Find more posts by gameguru1360 Add gameguru1360 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sicaudio

we clamped the 1700 at 2 ohms and even after rise it was doing 1740 rms unclipped oscoped watts....at 2 ohms....on 13.6 volts...yeah they are a totally dif beast ;) far exceeded every ones expectations...we used a -6DB 60Hz tone for the clamp test...

New Post 03-27-2011 09:05 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for sicaudio Click here to Send sicaudio a Private Message Find more posts by sicaudio Add sicaudio to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
gameguru1360

man I can't wait to have the BRZ1200d installed....just found out how much of a refund I'm getting this year from both federal & state, so I'm already trying to plan on what I want to have installed...can't wait to get that factory crap out of my car!! =p

New Post 03-28-2011 02:23 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for gameguru1360 Click here to Send gameguru1360 a Private Message Find more posts by gameguru1360 Add gameguru1360 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
gameguru1360

so the brz1200d would do about 1000 at 2ohms??

New Post 03-30-2011 08:07 PM
sicaudio

easily ;)

New Post 03-30-2011 11:43 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for sicaudio Click here to Send sicaudio a Private Message Find more posts by sicaudio Add sicaudio to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
gameguru1360

ok cool, so I don't really need to get the brz1700d to power the alpine 12" swx 1243d?? the 1200d is good enough to power it??

New Post 03-31-2011 11:30 AM
SINTORMAN

It might be good just to go big or go home because you might want to upgrade in the future and you won't have enough power to give to your subs. If you have the money I would get the 1700.

New Post 03-31-2011 04:49 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for SINTORMAN Click here to Send SINTORMAN a Private Message Find more posts by SINTORMAN Add SINTORMAN to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sicaudio

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 03-31-2011 by SINTORMAN
It might be good just to go big or go home because you might want to upgrade in the future and you won't have enough power to give to your subs. If you have the money I would get the 1700.

agreed... a type R will take 1200 rms when done right...the X will take 1500 easily..

New Post 03-31-2011 06:44 PM
gameguru1360

well I went and ordered the BRZ1700d and the alpine 12" swx-1243d....I'm wanting to order everything at once but I know that if I do, I might get a stop payment since my credit union might think it's fraud, so I have to order a few things at a time! I figured that yeah somewhere in the future I might want to go back to a dual 2ohm sub, so the brz1700d would certainly power one of those!

Sic, what do you think of these grounding kits for the nissan altima?? how do they compare to the Big 3 Upgrade aside from more grounding points??

Nissan Grounding Kit

New Post 04-01-2011 01:45 PM
sicaudio

I honestly think a 2 or 4 guage self made big 3 is more reasonable costwise and accomplishes the same thing lol but they look to be worthy..even if it looks like 8 or 10 gauge wire they use..

New Post 04-01-2011 10:38 PM
SINTORMAN

I was going to say that wire looks pretty thin. Use weldingsupply.com bro. Thats where I got my wire. It is flexible and holds power well. Its nice because the more you buy the cheaper it is.

New Post 04-02-2011 12:33 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for SINTORMAN Click here to Send SINTORMAN a Private Message Find more posts by SINTORMAN Add SINTORMAN to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
gameguru1360

I wouldn't go with 8ga. 4ga is the highest I'd go with...if I can find thicker gauged wire for cheap, I'd do it. The grounding kits for the altimas look like there's just more grounding points. Yeah I can go and get welding wire and do it myself but I don't have access to a vise to do the crimping as the crimping tool I have is more suited for thinner wire.

New Post 04-02-2011 12:50 AM
gameguru1360

I'm probably going to order the alpine swx-1243d and the brz1700d amp next week. I didn't want to risk accumulating a HUGE order since my credit union will probably think my account is hijacked again being that there are high amounts of things being charged to my account! I kind of wanted to order everything in 1 big shot so that they'd all arrive at the same time!!

New Post 04-02-2011 12:52 AM
SINTORMAN

You don't always need a vice. A good substitute is a pair of channel locks or pliers that have like foot to foot and a half handle for good leverage. That would be a pretty cheap solution to crimping connectors. Those connectors are fairly soft compared to steel.

New Post 04-02-2011 01:00 AM
sicaudio

i use the pliers as well at times and it always works well...

New Post 04-02-2011 09:13 AM
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (5): [1] 2 3 4 5  Next next page

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. soltany, from beirut, MI. Rol886, from Rockaway Beach, NY. 2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. kaotiksyko, from , CO. banelsonms, from Moss Point, MS. weezer4rock, from , . jaboran, from swanton, OH. N2Audio, from Lawrence, KS. wolfantry, from erie, PA. IBBumpin, from Columbus, NE. tjsaudio, from anytown, MI. punkroc719, from Winchester, VA. Andrew, from Linden, MI. #1audio, from newport, NC. torawi01, from Corpus Christi, TX. Stripedss, from Hampton, GA. NRred2, from New York, NY. becesaudio, from davao city, AL.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting