The best and biggest selection of mobile audio/stereo, multimedia/navigation and accessories at the lowest prices! Kenwood, Pioneer, Rockford Fosgate, JVC, Sony, Clarion, Jensen, Infinity, Kicker and more...
Just bought a 2001 Mazda Tribute (SUV). It has the stock stereo in it still.. I have a 1100.1 memphis sub amp, and a 4 channel alpine amp from my old car that I totalled. I want to put my sub amp in there for sure, but not quite sure about the 4 channel. My delimma is the stock cd player. I've always changed them out, but this one is nice, and has a 6 disk changer, which i've never had! I have no extra money for a new h/u, so I need advice on connecting my amp to this factory unit. I could use the 4 channel, but for now, I want to make it simple on myself, and not overwhelm the battery. Will I notice a vast difference in tapping the rcas from the stock unit. It's gonna be crazy loud, regardless, I'm sure, but would like all input. And I also need instructions, as I've never dealt with a factory stero. Thanks for your help in advance. And remember, NOT MUCH MONEY!! :)
Supposedly, this is made my audiophile.. Maybe.... I've been researching, trying to figure out how to make all this work. I realize, it would be better to go with aftermarket, but I aint got the $$$$. I bought a line level converter, but i'm kind of stumped on how to use it properly..
I read that some ppl place them b4 factory amp, and some after..
I'm not even sure what kind of system car has in it.. "Premium sound." I guess it's the 7 speaker system. Just bought car, and it's getting the ac fixed.. I'm just stumped on the common ground thing, and not sure if my car has it.. Been researching, but to no avail.. I've never kept a factory unit, so i'm really clueless.. Able to offer any knowledge?
you need the PAC SOEM-T LOC sonic sells em for about 23$ shipped ;)
it has volt sensing turn on for the amp remote so not a single wire needs to be ran to the front other than power for the amp... just use the rear speakers to tap the signal off of :)
i use them all the time on Mazda and Fords.. they work great
if your going to run a 4 chan amp for voice and a mono sub amp and need a fast easy way to hook it all up use a PAC TR4 for a remote trigger and wire up a MX-1 from Maxxsonics I have used them a lot and like that part way better then using a basic hi/lo conv.
- Parametric Bass EQ: Provides a wide array of subwoofer output signal shaping controls to enhance bass response and sound quality including Bass Boost, adjustable Bandwidth (wide and narrow), Low Pass and Subsonic Filter
- Accepts a wide range of incoming music signal levels while accommodating all types of head units and signal processors and controlling the output level to the amp to maximize a signal strength up to 9 volts
- Clipping Indicators: Visual clipping indicators provide indication of damaging clipped signals to help protect the subwoofer and amplifier. Includes pre-clip, soft-clip as well full-clip indicators
- Shapes the music signal to achieve deep bass notes as low as 15 Hz
- Bass Remote: Included bass remote featuring built-in clipping indicators allows direct bass control from in-dash or under-dash