Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
OnlineCarStereo.com
The best and biggest selection of mobile audio/stereo, multimedia/navigation and accessories at the lowest prices! Kenwood, Pioneer, Rockford Fosgate, JVC, Sony, Clarion, Jensen, Infinity, Kicker and more...
Car Audio Black Friday Sales!
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > Head Units > Need help with New vehicle
Go Back Pages (2): [1] 2  Next next page
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
brandonmississippi

Need help with New vehicle

Just bought a 2001 Mazda Tribute (SUV). It has the stock stereo in it still.. I have a 1100.1 memphis sub amp, and a 4 channel alpine amp from my old car that I totalled. I want to put my sub amp in there for sure, but not quite sure about the 4 channel. My delimma is the stock cd player. I've always changed them out, but this one is nice, and has a 6 disk changer, which i've never had! I have no extra money for a new h/u, so I need advice on connecting my amp to this factory unit. I could use the 4 channel, but for now, I want to make it simple on myself, and not overwhelm the battery. Will I notice a vast difference in tapping the rcas from the stock unit. It's gonna be crazy loud, regardless, I'm sure, but would like all input. And I also need instructions, as I've never dealt with a factory stero. Thanks for your help in advance. And remember, NOT MUCH MONEY!! :)

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 04-03-2011 05:49 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for brandonmississippi Click here to Send brandonmississippi a Private Message Find more posts by brandonmississippi Add brandonmississippi to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sicaudio

you only need to post 1 thread in 1 spot... not spam the whole forum with the same request..

New Post 04-03-2011 11:19 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for sicaudio Click here to Send sicaudio a Private Message Find more posts by sicaudio Add sicaudio to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
brandonmississippi

Well, evidently this forum is dead.. Takes 4ever for anyone to respond.

New Post 04-04-2011 03:32 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for brandonmississippi Click here to Send brandonmississippi a Private Message Find more posts by brandonmississippi Add brandonmississippi to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sicaudio

i responded to the 1st 1 i saw 4 hours before i responded to this 1...

New Post 04-04-2011 11:42 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for sicaudio Click here to Send sicaudio a Private Message Find more posts by sicaudio Add sicaudio to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
brandonmississippi

Stock H/U

Supposedly, this is made my audiophile.. Maybe.... I've been researching, trying to figure out how to make all this work. I realize, it would be better to go with aftermarket, but I aint got the $$$$.  I bought a line level converter, but i'm kind of stumped on how to use it properly..

I read that some ppl place them b4 factory amp, and some after..

I'm not even sure what kind of system car has in it.. "Premium sound." I guess it's the 7 speaker system. Just bought car, and it's getting the ac fixed..  I'm just stumped on the common ground thing, and not sure if my car has it.. Been researching, but to no avail.. I've never kept a factory unit, so i'm really clueless.. Able to offer any knowledge?

New Post 04-06-2011 09:51 PM
sicaudio

you need the PAC SOEM-T LOC sonic sells em for about 23$ shipped ;) it has volt sensing turn on for the amp remote so not a single wire needs to be ran to the front other than power for the amp... just use the rear speakers to tap the signal off of :) i use them all the time on Mazda and Fords.. they work great

New Post 04-06-2011 11:04 PM
brandonmississippi

Thanks, i'll give it a shot..

New Post 04-07-2011 10:06 AM
sicaudio

it is also a high watt model ;) so it works great on amped factory bypass setups too :)

New Post 04-07-2011 12:17 PM
AutoObsessionz

if your going to run a 4 chan amp for voice and a mono sub amp and need a fast easy way to hook it all up use a PAC TR4 for a remote trigger and wire up a MX-1 from Maxxsonics I have used them a lot and like that part way better then using a basic hi/lo conv.

New Post 04-07-2011 06:50 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for AutoObsessionz Click here to Send AutoObsessionz a Private Message Find more posts by AutoObsessionz Add AutoObsessionz to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sicaudio

yeah the mx1 and mx3 are wicked

New Post 04-07-2011 11:23 PM
AutoObsessionz

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 04-07-2011 by sicaudio
yeah the mx1 and mx3 are wicked

i have not used the mx3 whats the difference.

New Post 04-08-2011 09:55 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for AutoObsessionz Click here to Send AutoObsessionz a Private Message Find more posts by AutoObsessionz Add AutoObsessionz to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sicaudio

- Parametric Bass EQ: Provides a wide array of subwoofer output signal shaping controls to enhance bass response and sound quality including Bass Boost, adjustable Bandwidth (wide and narrow), Low Pass and Subsonic Filter - Accepts a wide range of incoming music signal levels while accommodating all types of head units and signal processors and controlling the output level to the amp to maximize a signal strength up to 9 volts - Clipping Indicators: Visual clipping indicators provide indication of damaging clipped signals to help protect the subwoofer and amplifier. Includes pre-clip, soft-clip as well full-clip indicators - Shapes the music signal to achieve deep bass notes as low as 15 Hz - Bass Remote: Included bass remote featuring built-in clipping indicators allows direct bass control from in-dash or under-dash

New Post 04-08-2011 12:08 PM
brandonmississippi

Good suggestion. Now I need to figure out how to bypass the factory amp.. P.O.S. Lol. I guess if I could figure out where it's at, I could disconnect the wires, and run them to my amp....

New Post 04-15-2011 09:25 AM
sicaudio

dont bypass it just dont use it ;)

New Post 04-15-2011 10:56 AM
brandonmississippi

I just meant I need to use the existing speaker wire, and cut into it. Unless I rewired all the speakers...

New Post 04-15-2011 11:47 AM
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (2): [1] 2  Next next page

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. Rol886, from Rockaway Beach, NY. Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. reagan1, from Rowlett, TX. soltany, from beirut, MI. 2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. kaotiksyko, from , CO. banelsonms, from Moss Point, MS. weezer4rock, from , . jaboran, from swanton, OH. N2Audio, from Lawrence, KS. wolfantry, from erie, PA. IBBumpin, from Columbus, NE. tjsaudio, from anytown, MI. punkroc719, from Winchester, VA. Andrew, from Linden, MI. #1audio, from newport, NC. torawi01, from Corpus Christi, TX. Stripedss, from Hampton, GA. NRred2, from New York, NY.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting