Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
OnlineCarStereo.com
The best and biggest selection of mobile audio/stereo, multimedia/navigation and accessories at the lowest prices! Kenwood, Pioneer, Rockford Fosgate, JVC, Sony, Clarion, Jensen, Infinity, Kicker and more...
Car Audio Black Friday Sales!
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > Head Units > Alpine IVA-W505 jack: line in? Also still mad about optical out.
Go Back Pages (2): [1] 2  Next next page
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
kryptonitewhite

Alpine IVA-W505 jack: line in? Also still mad about optical out.

Hey all, I have a USB and the jack that connect to my iPOD. Is the USB just for information/control and the jack for the music? Can I use the jack for input from my PC?

here is a link that has a pic of the back, the top left corner has 2 wires coming out, the bottom black wire is like a regular headphone/mic/line in/line out jack. Can I run a PC/laptop out into this to playback PC/laptop sound through my system?

Also, when i purchased the $900 unit a key reason was for the optical out... listed at this site still, though discontinued. I spent an extra $100 for an optical cable only to find a rubber plug where the optical out is supposed to be, was told by my local Alpine Authorized dealer to pull it, no out :(

I suffer from terrible HISSSSS because I have to run my audio through the Ai-NET cable. Anything I can do about that?

Thanks

[url]http://www.crutchfield.com/S-Cudin23x0Rk/s_500IVAW505/Alpine-IVA-W505.html[/url]

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 04-10-2011 05:34 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for kryptonitewhite Click here to Send kryptonitewhite a Private Message Find more posts by kryptonitewhite Add kryptonitewhite to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sicaudio

you can use any of the inputs to play pc sound into the deck...fwiw that is the worst deck imo that Alpine has ever made...it is full of glitches and bugs...if i were you I would demand a refund and get a better deck...

New Post 04-10-2011 07:27 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for sicaudio Click here to Send sicaudio a Private Message Find more posts by sicaudio Add sicaudio to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kryptonitewhite

Id like to do so but I got it almost a year ago :(

New Post 04-10-2011 07:44 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for kryptonitewhite Click here to Send kryptonitewhite a Private Message Find more posts by kryptonitewhite Add kryptonitewhite to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kryptonitewhite

I guess my concernes are that the only way to get my Source to accept audio from the 3mm is by going to USB. AUX IN is RCA, dont want to run that, dont know if I even have the RCA connector plugged in or at all. You can remove the RCA and video outs and RCA and video ins, they plug in, IDK if I have them anymore.

My other is, if I shut the PC down, disconnect everything, lug it all out there, get it all set up, plug the 3mm to 3mm and get no sound, I have to tear down, lug back in, set back up, get on, ask you guys, wait for responces, wait some more, wait some more..... get no answers.

New Post 04-10-2011 11:45 PM
sicaudio

check alpines site and see if it is an aux input if it is your gold... if not you need the 1 ya cant find lol

New Post 04-11-2011 12:34 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for sicaudio Click here to Send sicaudio a Private Message Find more posts by sicaudio Add sicaudio to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kryptonitewhite

I googled the crap out of it, only ting I can find is on the 3mm to Svid jack or whatever the blue 4 pin or multi-pin is :)

I think i can set the HU to USB without a USB device connected, the HU says "NO USB CONNECTED" what I am hoping is it is a live continuous input feed through the 3mm, so if I set to USB and put the line in, I just get sound. Ill just have too hook up and see! :)

New Post 04-11-2011 12:38 AM
sicaudio

meh... fking alpine... hate their new decks...lol

New Post 04-11-2011 11:07 AM
kryptonitewhite

the optical cable I have does not look ike this, it has the 2 small square ends, not the big connector on the other end. Could this be my problem?

http://www.google.com/products/catalog?hl=en&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&wrapid=tlif130254844520510&q=KWE-610A&um=1&ie=UTF-8&cid=799389487404966087&sa=X&ei=3k-jTau1FIiL0QGmmemhBQ&ved=0CDIQ8gIwAg#

New Post 04-11-2011 03:11 PM
kryptonitewhite

Here is what I have:

[IMG]http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg178/kryptonitewhite/CIMG4467.jpg[/IMG]

I assume I need to get this:

[IMG]http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg178/kryptonitewhite/unnamed.jpg[/IMG]

New Post 04-11-2011 03:22 PM
SentraStyleEMW

The black wire with the headphone looking jack is either for the bluetooth mic (if using the blackbird) or a steering wheel control interface.  I don't remember off the top of my head which is which.  I have had this in my wife's Camry since the day it was released and have not had any glitches that Sic had mentioned. 

There are no inputs other than the standard rca type input or the USB/Ipod input.  That blue 4 pinned plug you referred to is for a fullspeed ipod cable or bluetooth adapter (KCE-300BT, 350BT, 400BT, ect) and is not an aux input.

If you are looking to use the optical output, you will need that KWE610 adapter cable (I don't recall the model #, but panasonic has one that will work as well - that is the one I am using).  What processor are you running the optical to?

New Post 05-16-2011 02:33 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for SentraStyleEMW Click here to Send SentraStyleEMW a Private Message Find more posts by SentraStyleEMW Add SentraStyleEMW to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kryptonitewhite

Hi Sentra, I ended up using the RCA in to run REW. The black 3.4mm cable hooks in conjunction with the USB to the I-POD cable, I last was told the video from the pod comes through the 3.4mm.

I have an Alpine PXA-H701 crossover I would run the optical into. Right now the audio goes into the PXA through the Ai-NET cable.

I will have to get that adaptor so I can go optical!

Thank you!

New Post 05-16-2011 12:06 PM
Mr12Voltwires

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 05-16-2011 by kryptonitewhite

Hi Sentra, I ended up using the RCA in to run REW. The black 3.4mm cable hooks in conjunction with the USB to the I-POD cable, I last was told the video from the pod comes through the 3.4mm.

I have an Alpine PXA-H701 crossover I would run the optical into. Right now the audio goes into the PXA through the Ai-NET cable.

I will have to get that adaptor so I can go optical!

Thank you!

If you've got a W505 & H701 processor, you should be all set with using your optical input. The W505 uses a toslink output that must be turned on page 29 (English) in the H/U setup. The tosslink connector is the little square connector on the back of the unit that has a little key-way bump on it. You'll see red light coming out of it when it's on. Alpine's 4916 was a 6M optic cable. It's long out of production, but older dealers might still have one. If you can't get one, any toslink cable will work. If your local electronics store doesn't have it, I'm sure you can get one on line. Good luck with your system. Don't forget to change the W505's EQ/DIV switch when using the H701. http://vault.alpine-usa.com/products/documents/OM_IVA-W505.PDF

New Post 05-22-2011 03:51 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Mr12Voltwires Click here to Send Mr12Voltwires a Private Message Find more posts by Mr12Voltwires Add Mr12Voltwires to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SentraStyleEMW

RE: RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 05-22-2011 by Mr12Voltwires
If you've got a W505 & H701 processor, you should be all set with using your optical input. The W505 uses a toslink output that must be turned on page 29 (English) in the H/U setup. The tosslink connector is the little square connector on the back of the unit that has a little key-way bump on it. You'll see red light coming out of it when it's on. Alpine's 4916 was a 6M optic cable. It's long out of production, but older dealers might still have one. If you can't get one, any toslink cable will work. If your local electronics store doesn't have it, I'm sure you can get one on line. Good luck with your system. Don't forget to change the W505's EQ/DIV switch when using the H701. http://vault.alpine-usa.com/products/documents/OM_IVA-W505.PDF

The W505 does not have a standard optical output like the W200 and W205 have.  The W505 requires a special adapter cable in order to utilize the optical output.

New Post 05-22-2011 09:15 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for SentraStyleEMW Click here to Send SentraStyleEMW a Private Message Find more posts by SentraStyleEMW Add SentraStyleEMW to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kryptonitewhite

yep, I have the standard :(

New Post 05-22-2011 09:36 PM
SentraStyleEMW

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 05-22-2011 by kryptonitewhite

yep, I have the standard :(

The optical really makes a huge difference.  I had the PXAH701 hooked to the W505 in my wifes car (before I had to downgrade the audio due to having twins).  I had it run both ways, through the AI-Net and trhough optical...and it was a night and day difference.  I now have the alpine MRA-F350 run optically through that head unit and it is pretty good (nowhere near the processing power of the 701...but not bad).

New Post 05-22-2011 09:44 PM
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (2): [1] 2  Next next page

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. kaotiksyko, from , CO. Rol886, from Rockaway Beach, NY. Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. banelsonms, from Moss Point, MS. weezer4rock, from , . jaboran, from swanton, OH. N2Audio, from Lawrence, KS. wolfantry, from erie, PA. IBBumpin, from Columbus, NE. tjsaudio, from anytown, MI. punkroc719, from Winchester, VA. Andrew, from Linden, MI. #1audio, from newport, NC. torawi01, from Corpus Christi, TX. Stripedss, from Hampton, GA. NRred2, from New York, NY. becesaudio, from davao city, AL. ipodzrcool, from , AL.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting