Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
OnlineCarStereo.com
The best and biggest selection of mobile audio/stereo, multimedia/navigation and accessories at the lowest prices! Kenwood, Pioneer, Rockford Fosgate, JVC, Sony, Clarion, Jensen, Infinity, Kicker and more...
Car Audio Black Friday Sales!
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > Head Units > Alpine CDA-9883
Go Back Pages (1): [1]
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
tourbo24

Alpine CDA-9883

Hi, I bought my car with Alpine CDA-9883 head unit, all speakers were replaced with aftermarket ones and it has two 12" subwoofers in the back. Everything works fine but i just can't get something to work. It currently has an iPod hook up (the one that is designed for iPods), and I am trying to get my AUX cable (the one that connects to the headphone jack on my iPod)to work. The problam I have is that when I connect my iPod using the iPod plug, I am not able to select songs using my iPod. It has to be done through the headunit which takes a long time... Thats why I am trying to get the AUX cable to work. I took the head unit out and connected the AUX cable in the back, but once i connect it to the iPod and go to the AUX option on the headunit it doesn't work. Does anyone have any idea why the AUX cable might not be working? Please let me know :)

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 05-04-2011 08:44 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for tourbo24 Click here to Send tourbo24 a Private Message Find more posts by tourbo24 Add tourbo24 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sicaudio

go to alpine and dl the manual.. I am positive in the function menu that you have to enable the outputs on that deck... i have 1 sitting here but no manual and I refuse to use mp3/ipod because all compressed music is garbage imo....but I am an SQ junkie so I am biased against it lol

New Post 05-04-2011 09:44 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for sicaudio Click here to Send sicaudio a Private Message Find more posts by sicaudio Add sicaudio to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tourbo24

i'll try playing around with it a little more. also could it be not working because i used a cable that came with my monitor which had integrated speakers, i have used that cable to connect my ipod to the computer and it worked fine so i figured it should work with the car stereo too.

New Post 05-04-2011 10:32 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for tourbo24 Click here to Send tourbo24 a Private Message Find more posts by tourbo24 Add tourbo24 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tourbo24

http://vault.alpine-usa.com/products/documents/CDA-9883%20OM.PDF on page 19 it talks about the AUX ports but it says that they are for TV/video sound? i don't really understand what i need to do and if it will work or not... edit: I did some more research and it looks like the 3.5mm jack in the back of my unit might be a video output. I also found this: http://www.amazon.com/PIE-ALP-M-3-5M-Alpine-Adapter/dp/B000GB1VP6 would need to disconnect the iPod cable and use this one as the replacement for the AUX option. Does this sound right to you?

New Post 05-04-2011 11:21 PM
sicaudio

yup that is correct ;) you need that to have it work correctly....another reason Pioneer is better...usb input no fancy adapters needed :)

New Post 05-05-2011 01:49 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for sicaudio Click here to Send sicaudio a Private Message Find more posts by sicaudio Add sicaudio to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (1): [1]

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. kaotiksyko, from , CO. Rol886, from Rockaway Beach, NY. Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. banelsonms, from Moss Point, MS. weezer4rock, from , . jaboran, from swanton, OH. N2Audio, from Lawrence, KS. wolfantry, from erie, PA. 2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. IBBumpin, from Columbus, NE. tjsaudio, from anytown, MI. punkroc719, from Winchester, VA. Andrew, from Linden, MI. #1audio, from newport, NC. torawi01, from Corpus Christi, TX. Stripedss, from Hampton, GA. NRred2, from New York, NY. becesaudio, from davao city, AL. ipodzrcool, from , AL.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting