Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
SonicElectronix.com - 1-877-BUY-SONIC
Up to $30.00 in FREE custom install kits on select car stereos. Largest selection online, great prices, Daily Deals and FREE shipping on most products. We are an authorized dealer for Infinity, JBL, JVC, Kicker, MTX, Vibe, RE Audio and others.
Car Audio Black Friday Sales!
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > Head Units > factory headunit
Go Back Pages (1): [1]
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
daman357

factory headunit

is it cool to run amp and subs off the factory headunit?

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 05-06-2011 07:00 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for daman357 Click here to Send daman357 a Private Message Find more posts by daman357 Add daman357 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
gameguru1360

I personally don't like to simply because i don't know what the preamp output is on factory units. At least with aftermarket, you can choose whether you want 2.5v or 5v and up. But some people like to keep the factory unit and just add a sub/amp because they like the to keep the OEM look.

New Post 05-06-2011 08:12 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for gameguru1360 Click here to Send gameguru1360 a Private Message Find more posts by gameguru1360 Add gameguru1360 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
daman357

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 05-06-2011 by gameguru1360
I personally don't like to simply because i don't know what the preamp output is on factory units. At least with aftermarket, you can choose whether you want 2.5v or 5v and up. But some people like to keep the factory unit and just add a sub/amp because they like the to keep the OEM look.

cool, i dont wanna buy another unit right now for my 2nd car. The jbl factory system hits prettey good in towncars. I belive the factory unit should do pretty good

New Post 05-06-2011 08:23 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for daman357 Click here to Send daman357 a Private Message Find more posts by daman357 Add daman357 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
gameguru1360

I wonder if the jbl factory systems put out 2 ohm at 4 channels. My factory non bose altima radio put out 2 ohms for 6 speakers...bose system has 9 speakers.

New Post 05-06-2011 08:28 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for gameguru1360 Click here to Send gameguru1360 a Private Message Find more posts by gameguru1360 Add gameguru1360 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
daman357

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 05-06-2011 by gameguru1360
I wonder if the jbl factory systems put out 2 ohm at 4 channels. My factory non bose altima radio put out 2 ohms for 6 speakers...bose system has 9 speakers.

dont no, betcha sic no

New Post 05-06-2011 08:34 PM
sicaudio

the mids and bass in the rear deck ( 6x9 rear deck speakers are 2 ohm subs ) are all 2 ohm the tweets and highs are all 4 ohm. that cancer build I just did was in a bose 2009 Altima... use the PAC soem-T LOC its a perfect match for amplified stock setups or even non amplified 1's.. and 20$ at sonic ;)

New Post 05-06-2011 10:53 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for sicaudio Click here to Send sicaudio a Private Message Find more posts by sicaudio Add sicaudio to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
gameguru1360

I always cringe when I read on the altima forums of new owners that have the bose that want to add an amp/sub but then they want this...and that!! Most people say...ditch the bose!! I'll say it's nice that it's a 9 speaker setup, but power wise, they suck!! I'm just glad that the non bose is out of my setup for good!! =p

New Post 05-07-2011 10:08 AM
phyllis1223

yes .http://t.cn/ap49kx

New Post 07-21-2011 05:28 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for phyllis1223 Click here to Send phyllis1223 a Private Message Find more posts by phyllis1223 Add phyllis1223 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
KJM01

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 07-21-2011 by phyllis1223
yes .http://t.cn/ap49kx

yes...this is spaM!!!

New Post 07-21-2011 10:39 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for KJM01 Click here to Send KJM01 a Private Message Find more posts by KJM01 Add KJM01 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
gameguru1360

is the name phyllis one of those androgynous names?? =p

New Post 07-29-2011 07:20 PM
KJM01

lol kinda leaning towards the bitch side

New Post 07-30-2011 05:30 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for KJM01 Click here to Send KJM01 a Private Message Find more posts by KJM01 Add KJM01 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (1): [1]

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. kaotiksyko, from , CO. Rol886, from Rockaway Beach, NY. Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. banelsonms, from Moss Point, MS. weezer4rock, from , . jaboran, from swanton, OH. N2Audio, from Lawrence, KS. wolfantry, from erie, PA. IBBumpin, from Columbus, NE. tjsaudio, from anytown, MI. punkroc719, from Winchester, VA. Andrew, from Linden, MI. #1audio, from newport, NC. torawi01, from Corpus Christi, TX. Stripedss, from Hampton, GA. NRred2, from New York, NY. becesaudio, from davao city, AL. ipodzrcool, from , AL.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting