Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
SonicElectronix.com - 1-877-BUY-SONIC
Up to $30.00 in FREE custom install kits on select car stereos. Largest selection online, great prices, Daily Deals and FREE shipping on most products. We are an authorized dealer for Infinity, JBL, JVC, Kicker, MTX, Vibe, RE Audio and others.
Car Audio Black Friday Sales!
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > Head Units > Alpine CDA-117
Go Back Pages (1): [1]
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
ancr2001

Alpine CDA-117

I've had the Alpine CDA-117 in my car for about a year now and the other day the blue lights that illuminate all the buttons went out. I checked all the wiring and the unit is working fine, screen included. I've had excessive blinking with my amp and subs installed, would that have burned them out? I took a look inside the faceplate and all the anodes and cathodes on the leds are intact except for one that is foggy. All the other SMD leds are clear tops and the one that lights up an unlabeled hole in the faceplate at the bottom left corner of the screen is the one that is foggy. I was thinking maybe because it's not a blue light and the red ones they used had a foggy top. I'm pretty sure the MX indicator light is red too with a clear top but I can't check due to my dilemma. I was also thinking that these leds are probably part of the same power circuit and like a string of Christmas lights one went out causing them all to go out. I found a faceplate online, none available on eBay, but they want $100 for it. I'd rather not spend that much if it's just and Led problem. I checked the rest of the board and all the solder contacts look fine and there are no signs of heat stress or evidence of a short. Any body got a clue what's wrong with this damn thing? Google results for this problem are "0".

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 05-12-2011 04:19 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for ancr2001 Click here to Send ancr2001 a Private Message Find more posts by ancr2001 Add ancr2001 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sicaudio

are you sure you don't have the b/out feature turned on.....? as in blackout...if ur having amp lights blinking as well u have a wire issue somewhere.. such as remote lead power or ground...if the amps ground is not top notch it will ground thru the deck via the RCA and will cause the issue u are having...

New Post 05-12-2011 09:57 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for sicaudio Click here to Send sicaudio a Private Message Find more posts by sicaudio Add sicaudio to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ancr2001

I changed my ground on my amp to the bolt on the rear strut tower, scraped off the paint and all. The amp lights aren't blinking the stereo lights were blinking when the amp was pushing the subs loud. I thought it might be the blackout feature but that's not it. It turns off the screen too in blackout mode. My screen is working fine, I've been through every setting for this unit.

New Post 05-12-2011 05:14 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for ancr2001 Click here to Send ancr2001 a Private Message Find more posts by ancr2001 Add ancr2001 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sicaudio

if your deck is blinking that bad when the bass hits u have cooked it from voltage drop.. you are lucky you have not fried your entire car... you have serious voltage issues...

New Post 05-12-2011 08:36 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for sicaudio Click here to Send sicaudio a Private Message Find more posts by sicaudio Add sicaudio to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ancr2001

Let me rephrase, it flickers not blinks. I guess it kinda sounds extreme. There is just dimming of the lights when the bass hits.

New Post 05-13-2011 03:20 AM
sicaudio

a tiny bit of flicker is ok... but constant flicker on bass notes is still very bad...try regrounding the deck... DO NOT use a factory ground ;)

New Post 05-13-2011 08:35 AM
ancr2001

The adapter harness has two ground wires and the stereo harness has one ground wire. I currently have all three connected together. What should I do?

New Post 05-13-2011 04:49 PM
sicaudio

disconnect the car side black and hook the deck side direct to the chassis from the deck..

New Post 05-14-2011 09:04 AM
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (1): [1]

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. kaotiksyko, from , CO. Rol886, from Rockaway Beach, NY. Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. banelsonms, from Moss Point, MS. weezer4rock, from , . jaboran, from swanton, OH. N2Audio, from Lawrence, KS. wolfantry, from erie, PA. IBBumpin, from Columbus, NE. tjsaudio, from anytown, MI. punkroc719, from Winchester, VA. Andrew, from Linden, MI. #1audio, from newport, NC. torawi01, from Corpus Christi, TX. Stripedss, from Hampton, GA. NRred2, from New York, NY. becesaudio, from davao city, AL. ipodzrcool, from , AL.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting