Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
OnlineCarStereo.com
The best and biggest selection of mobile audio/stereo, multimedia/navigation and accessories at the lowest prices! Kenwood, Pioneer, Rockford Fosgate, JVC, Sony, Clarion, Jensen, Infinity, Kicker and more...
Car Audio Black Friday Sales!
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > Head Units > Pioneer vs. Kenwood vs. Clarion - $150 range
Go Back Pages (1): [1]
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
skyf1re11

Pioneer vs. Kenwood vs. Clarion - $150 range

I need to decide between the following units. They all have USB/Ipod support, some kind of DSP to improve low quality MP3s and they all have blue lighting (I need it to be blue to match my car dashboard :) ).

Since they all have similar features (and price, around $150), I would like the unit with best SOUND QUALITY. I am NOT adding amplifier or sub-woofer (just 2 front, 2 rear speakers):

Pioneer DEH-6300UB: I'm kind of partial to Pioneer because it has a 5 band EQ and 30 lighting colors to match my car. Additionally, I've had units in the past and SQ never disappoints. Is there any SQ difference with the 4300UB (cheaper)? It looks the same but specs but without Pandora...

Kenwood Excelon KDC-X494: I've heard very good things about the sound quality of this brand, but it only has 3 EQ bands (with 24bit DAC).

Clarion CZ500: I've also heard good things about this brand, but also has a 3 band EQ.

Thanks for your help!!

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 06-04-2011 11:15 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for skyf1re11 Click here to Send skyf1re11 a Private Message Find more posts by skyf1re11 Add skyf1re11 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sicaudio

the 4300 or 6300 is gonna make mince meat out of anything KW has....as far as SQ... no one in the lower end market makes a better deck IMO than Pioneer does...i sell all 3 brands as well as others... and I use a pioneer and have my pick of almost any brand I want...

New Post 06-04-2011 11:38 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for sicaudio Click here to Send sicaudio a Private Message Find more posts by sicaudio Add sicaudio to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
skyf1re11

sic, thanks for the quick reply!

Is there any difference in the sound quality between 4300 and 6300? The only difference I find in the specifications is the Pandora integration...

New Post 06-04-2011 12:31 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for skyf1re11 Click here to Send skyf1re11 a Private Message Find more posts by skyf1re11 Add skyf1re11 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sicaudio

thats the biggest dif...they are both very good decks and sound the same

New Post 06-05-2011 01:26 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for sicaudio Click here to Send sicaudio a Private Message Find more posts by sicaudio Add sicaudio to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (1): [1]

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. soltany, from beirut, MI. Rol886, from Rockaway Beach, NY. 2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. kaotiksyko, from , CO. banelsonms, from Moss Point, MS. weezer4rock, from , . jaboran, from swanton, OH. N2Audio, from Lawrence, KS. wolfantry, from erie, PA. IBBumpin, from Columbus, NE. tjsaudio, from anytown, MI. punkroc719, from Winchester, VA. Andrew, from Linden, MI. #1audio, from newport, NC. torawi01, from Corpus Christi, TX. Stripedss, from Hampton, GA. NRred2, from New York, NY. becesaudio, from davao city, AL.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting