Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
OnlineCarStereo.com
The best and biggest selection of mobile audio/stereo, multimedia/navigation and accessories at the lowest prices! Kenwood, Pioneer, Rockford Fosgate, JVC, Sony, Clarion, Jensen, Infinity, Kicker and more...
Car Audio Black Friday Sales!
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > Amplifiers > need to no the best amp to push 12" l7 4ohm
Go Back Pages (1): [1]
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
jayshawn31

need to no the best amp to push 12" l7 4ohm

i have 2 12" L7's solo barics in a ported box
max watts per speaker 1500 watts rms watts 750 now i was told the this amp would be very good for my kickers. lanzar opti 2000d do any one know anything about this amp and the best way to wire it. i live in the bronx,ny area if you install systems please let me know thank you

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 06-13-2011 12:44 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for jayshawn31 Click here to Send jayshawn31 a Private Message Find more posts by jayshawn31 Add jayshawn31 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GILLETTE

well i am going to tell you no that that amp is not going to be what you want.... i believe that i have heard that those amps are not very good. if you are running 2 subs and they each need 750wrms than you need 1500wrms to properly power them. if you need that at 4ohms you are going to need to find one very powerful amp. if you can wire the subs down to like 1ohm than getting 1500wrms will be much easier....

New Post 06-13-2011 02:03 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for GILLETTE Click here to Send GILLETTE a Private Message Find more posts by GILLETTE Add GILLETTE to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jayshawn31

thanks

well thank you very much. is their any 1 out here can tell me what am to buy that don't cost that much. 1ohm 1500 watts rms to power 2L7's kickers dual 4ohm 12" 750 watts rms each kicker

New Post 06-15-2011 01:12 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for jayshawn31 Click here to Send jayshawn31 a Private Message Find more posts by jayshawn31 Add jayshawn31 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jayshawn31

jayshawn31

GILLETTE

for budget gear i always recommend either hifonics or audioque. if you get the hifonics BRZ1700.1D you can run that at one ohm and be moving those solobarics nicely... or if you get the audioque aq1200.1d you will be doing nicely too just not quite as much power as id like to see, the aq2200.1d will sure fit the bill. i own hifonics amps and for the money they are nice. never owned audioque but i have heard that they are great for the price as good quality budget gear and i would like to own audioque gear my self. you can only get audioque gear through audioque.com, but hifonics stuff can be had at many places look at these just for places to shop if you are interested:

sonicelectronix.com

hifisoundconnection.com

audiosavings.com

woofersetc.com

sicaudio is a member here that deals hifonics he is the one that turned me on to it. if you run into him he may be able to hook you up. great guy and very professionally inclined gentleman.

New Post 06-15-2011 03:47 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for GILLETTE Click here to Send GILLETTE a Private Message Find more posts by GILLETTE Add GILLETTE to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sicaudio

a brz1700 would fit quite nicely for them. close to 2000 rms before rise..but you will likely need some form of power wire and battery upgrade... they are more efficient than any prior Hifonics line ever but they still require 160-200 amps of solid current..

New Post 06-15-2011 12:13 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for sicaudio Click here to Send sicaudio a Private Message Find more posts by sicaudio Add sicaudio to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jayshawn31

12" l7's kicker 750 rms each

ok thank you. will the Hifonics HFi 1500D work its 1500 rms watts

New Post 06-15-2011 12:20 PM
jayshawn31

New Post 06-15-2011 12:20 PM
GILLETTE

its a lower quality amp by hifonics, i would personally not run anything less than the BRZ series out of personal bias...

i pounded the hell out of 2 12" L5 solobarics in a standard cab chevy with a single zx750.1 amp running at 1ohm for over 2 years and it all did really well. i did have voltage drop issues bad but that was back before i know about upgrading factory wiring and getting more batteries. it gets expensive running extra batteries and running heavy gauge wiring everywhere.... you should be able to get away with a brz1200.1d and still get really loud but to me slight over kill is a good thing when it comes to the amp and that is why i suggested the 1700.1, it gives you a little head room. only thing is that when you get up much past 1000wrms or so almost all vehicles will need aftermarket electrical upgrades to be able to supply proper amperage to feed the amplifiers....

New Post 06-15-2011 12:39 PM
sicaudio

personally I wouldnt use the 1500.. it does rated but needs the same electrical upgrades as the 1700 would so I would just do the 1700 to start with ;) I have them around 275 shipped... Authorized...

New Post 06-15-2011 12:48 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for sicaudio Click here to Send sicaudio a Private Message Find more posts by sicaudio Add sicaudio to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SINTORMAN

@Gillette don't forget the Zeus amps. Some of those things are beasts. The zxi150.4 is a monster.

New Post 06-15-2011 01:38 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for SINTORMAN Click here to Send SINTORMAN a Private Message Find more posts by SINTORMAN Add SINTORMAN to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GILLETTE

next amplifier i get is going to be a BRE 100.4, as soon as i get some money in, sic ill let you know!!!!

New Post 06-15-2011 02:46 PM
sicaudio

if the subs were dual 2 ohm the ZXi 150.4 would give em around 700 each... it is a fking BEAST... bigger than a BRZ1700 lol

New Post 06-15-2011 03:23 PM
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (1): [1]

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. Rol886, from Rockaway Beach, NY. Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. reagan1, from Rowlett, TX. soltany, from beirut, MI. 2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. kaotiksyko, from , CO. banelsonms, from Moss Point, MS. weezer4rock, from , . jaboran, from swanton, OH. N2Audio, from Lawrence, KS. wolfantry, from erie, PA. IBBumpin, from Columbus, NE. tjsaudio, from anytown, MI. punkroc719, from Winchester, VA. Andrew, from Linden, MI. #1audio, from newport, NC. torawi01, from Corpus Christi, TX. Stripedss, from Hampton, GA. NRred2, from New York, NY.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting