Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
SonicElectronix.com - 1-877-BUY-SONIC
Up to $30.00 in FREE custom install kits on select car stereos. Largest selection online, great prices, Daily Deals and FREE shipping on most products. We are an authorized dealer for Infinity, JBL, JVC, Kicker, MTX, Vibe, RE Audio and others.
Car Audio Black Friday Sales!
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > Amplifiers > Help picking an amp.
Go Back Pages (2): [1] 2  Next next page
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
GothicRaven0019

Help picking an amp.

I have 3 audiopipe TSVR 12s. DVC. 750 watt. 375 RMS. Impedance 2x4ohm.

I'm planing on wireing them each at 4ohm in parellel making the load 2.67 ohm and 1.5 Impedance.

I think I need a mono amp with ~1100rms @ 2ohms, with <1.5 minimum Impedance, but im not sure.

What specs should I look for when buying an AMP for this set up?

What is the difereance between Minimum Ipedance bridged and Minimum Idedance unbridged?

What does the sub spec. nom Impedance of 2x4ohms mean exactly? 

Any help would be greatly apreciated.

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 06-18-2011 11:37 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for GothicRaven0019 Click here to Send GothicRaven0019 a Private Message Find more posts by GothicRaven0019 Add GothicRaven0019 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SINTORMAN

Your ohm load and impedance are the same thing. Although by definition Impedance is slightly different but in the sub world its all the same thing. I would not wire them all in series first then parallel to get 2.66 ohms. With box rise you will be looking at around 4 ohms and you need around 1100 watts at 4 ohms then. That is way more amp than you need. You could get away with a .66 load on a decent amp and good electrical. With box rise the amp will see 1 to 2 ohms so you will be fine. Minimum impedance bridged means the lowest ohm load you can present to an amp when you are bridging channels. Unbridged is when you are running a multi channel amp but using the channels separately.

New Post 06-19-2011 03:36 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for SINTORMAN Click here to Send SINTORMAN a Private Message Find more posts by SINTORMAN Add SINTORMAN to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GothicRaven0019

What is box rise? sorry I'm learning lol

How do I wire them to get the .66 or 4ohm load? And why wouldn't you wire them to 2.6?

Thanks for the help! and any random need to know facts or details are greatly apreciated. Iv'e gone through several places, from friends who had systems, best buy and actual car audio stors, and all of them have sold me AMPs that couldn't handle the watts, or wheren't stable, and intalled things wrong. I've goten tired of it and would like to learn as much as I can.  

New Post 06-19-2011 04:24 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for GothicRaven0019 Click here to Send GothicRaven0019 a Private Message Find more posts by GothicRaven0019 Add GothicRaven0019 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sicaudio

to get .66 wire it all parallel...

New Post 06-19-2011 12:03 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for sicaudio Click here to Send sicaudio a Private Message Find more posts by sicaudio Add sicaudio to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GothicRaven0019

sooo i hook up pos/neg, pos/neg, pos out, neg out, on each sub? to get the .66?

and if i do hook it up like that, any ideas for an AMP?

New Post 06-19-2011 05:45 PM
GothicRaven0019

How does the BRZ 1700 at 2.66

or the BRZ 1200 at .66?

would either of those work for this? and if so do I connect all three to the same terminal or 2 to one and 1 to the other, or does it matter since its mono?

New Post 06-20-2011 07:04 AM
sicaudio

wire it all positives together and all negatives together for .66

if you have enough electrical for it the BRZ will run at .66 just fine... but it takes very good electrical...lots of guye on ROE are running them at .5 but they have badass electrical...

New Post 06-20-2011 12:23 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for sicaudio Click here to Send sicaudio a Private Message Find more posts by sicaudio Add sicaudio to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GothicRaven0019

I have an upgraded battery from orilies, 1 farad capacitor, either 2 gage or 4 power/ ground (i forgot, my cars been in the shop for a week so I cant look), but stock alternator.

Ive been running a converter to play my xbox 360 with the 3 subs, when they worked before and voltage never droped. Most of the time i'd turn off my car and play. It would last for hours without the voltage dropping too too bad. but after a few hours or so if it lost a few volts id turn my car on and it jumps back up to 13-14.

I can always add a 2nd battery, but dont really wanna upgrade my alt. How do you figure the requirements needed for a certian amp or set up?

New Post 06-20-2011 04:38 PM
sicaudio

dump the cap. you need at least 2 Gauge minimum... 1 or 1/0 would be better..and you definitely need 2 batteries that are at least 50-60 Ah AGM...Oreillys part number 34EXTagm it is a Deka ( superstart labeled ) 9a34 AGM battery they are 130 each you need 2 of them minimum...and if ur stock alt is not at least 105 amp forget it...

New Post 06-20-2011 04:58 PM
GothicRaven0019

is that just for the .66? or if i used the 1700 at 2.6 do I need the same upgrades? and my alt is 105... if i did meet the minimum requirments could it dammage anything or would it just dim my lights?

New Post 06-20-2011 05:05 PM
sicaudio

i would still use 2G and at least a 50-60AH battery even at 2 ohms... electrical reserve is a big key factor when running anything over 12-1500 watts...

New Post 06-20-2011 07:46 PM
GothicRaven0019

ok cool cool. so if I get 2 batteries, and the 2 or 1G wire should I be fine with the 1200 at .66? or should I go with the 1700 at 2.6?

Thanks for all the help by the way

New Post 06-20-2011 08:46 PM
sicaudio

with that electrical the 1200 will easily run at .66 for the $$ the 1700 is hard to beat tho... it won't do quite as much at 2.6 as the 1200 will at .66 tho and after rise ur gonna want the extra power.. just do the electrical right and ur fine ;)

New Post 06-20-2011 11:14 PM
GothicRaven0019

Awesome! thanks. Do you sell either AMP?

New Post 06-21-2011 12:16 AM
SINTORMAN

He sells anything maxxsonics plus a lot of other brands. Shoot him an email to sicaudio@msn.com

New Post 06-21-2011 12:17 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for SINTORMAN Click here to Send SINTORMAN a Private Message Find more posts by SINTORMAN Add SINTORMAN to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (2): [1] 2  Next next page

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. Rol886, from Rockaway Beach, NY. Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. reagan1, from Rowlett, TX. soltany, from beirut, MI. 2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. kaotiksyko, from , CO. banelsonms, from Moss Point, MS. weezer4rock, from , . jaboran, from swanton, OH. N2Audio, from Lawrence, KS. wolfantry, from erie, PA. IBBumpin, from Columbus, NE. tjsaudio, from anytown, MI. punkroc719, from Winchester, VA. Andrew, from Linden, MI. #1audio, from newport, NC. torawi01, from Corpus Christi, TX. Stripedss, from Hampton, GA. NRred2, from New York, NY.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting