Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
SonicElectronix.com - 1-877-BUY-SONIC
Up to $30.00 in FREE custom install kits on select car stereos. Largest selection online, great prices, Daily Deals and FREE shipping on most products. We are an authorized dealer for Infinity, JBL, JVC, Kicker, MTX, Vibe, RE Audio and others.
Car Audio Black Friday Sales!
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > Car Audio Competitions and Shows > Where can I go to locate a comp/event in my area?
Go Back Pages (1): [1]
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
GILLETTE

Where can I go to locate a comp/event in my area?

I think that in the next few months I will be prepared to do a real competition and I am just wondering where I can go to locate future schedualed events In my Area.  I wanna Bass Box it up!!!  Im looking for San Antonio or Austin, TX area.  I have looked at the MECA, and IASCA website but nothing is posted for my area.  I know that events take place anually or semi anually I just dont know when or any of the details concerning them.  If anyone know where I might look or how those shows are ran so I might become properly educated I would be greatful...  

thanks guys for any info you have for me... and ill keep researching

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 06-23-2011 04:40 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for GILLETTE Click here to Send GILLETTE a Private Message Find more posts by GILLETTE Add GILLETTE to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GILLETTE

VEHICLE CRITERIA

1. All vehicles in the Flyweight/Featherweight Division must remain OEM stock. External and internal aftermarket addons such as body kits, wings, wheels, aftermarket seats, steering wheels or any automotive related cosmetic and performance items not related to the vehicle’s 12 volt electrical system are allowed.

2. All windows in the vehicle designed by the manufacturer must function as the manufacturer intended them to; nothing may impede their proper operation. OEM glass may not be replaced with any transparent substitute material.

3. Competitors are prohibited from obstructing the judge’s view of the measuring device during testing.

4. All subwoofers and enclosures must be mounted in the OEM cargo area of the vehicle. Interpretation of the term “cargo area” is at the judges discretion.

5. Vehicles equipped with OEM factory “fold down” rear seats may be folded down during testing.

6. Nothing in the vehicle may interfere with the correct placement of the measuring device and its placement jig.

EQUIPMENT CRITERIA

All equipment must be commercially available and can not be modified in any way. There is no limit to the amount of amplifiers a competitor may use. Subwoofer walls are not allowed in this Division.

FUSING

IASCA

recommends that all electronics be fused at the power source. If a competitor chooses not to abide by the

IASCA

ready. Consult your local fire department for more information about fire extinguishers.

Worldwide Inc. recommendation to fuse all electronics at the source of power, whereas serious damage or injury to products, vehicles and/or people is possible, it is advised to keep an “A-B-C” rated fire extinguisher at the

ELECTRICAL SYSTEM

Maximum allowed voltage (vehicle running or off) is

15.5 volts.  Two batteries are allowed in this Division. Batteries must be standard 12 volt automotive type batteries. variations of individual or multiple battery cells equaling 12 volts are not allowed (e.g. two 6 volt batteries connected in series).  Batteries are not allowed in the passenger compartment.

New Post 06-23-2011 05:50 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for GILLETTE Click here to Send GILLETTE a Private Message Find more posts by GILLETTE Add GILLETTE to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GILLETTE

those rules are for Bass Boxing!!!!!

I understand the rules to rule out running a 2nd alternator?  that sucks what class can i compete in if i have a 2nd alternator?

and last question the rules say that laying seats down is acceptable so can i fold my trucks back seat upt fit the box with out breaking the rules?

New Post 06-23-2011 05:54 AM
SINTORMAN

I think your outta luck. Your btl box is technically in passenger seating area and not cargo space. You might be able to remove the seats completely and says its cargo area. It is up to the judge's discretion. As for finding them. Find a basshead in your area and ask him. Most car audio shops should know. Or ask their real deal customers.

New Post 06-24-2011 12:18 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for SINTORMAN Click here to Send SINTORMAN a Private Message Find more posts by SINTORMAN Add SINTORMAN to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GILLETTE

the thing that i wonder is that the seat folds from factory like its designed to fold up to make cargo space, so technically i am just using the factory cargo spacing that is available. I emailed the admin. to see what they say so ill let you all know.....

New Post 06-24-2011 07:33 PM
GILLETTE

i found out that if my box is less than 25" total height from floor up than its not considered a wall, and i could compete with my truck in the light weight classes and that by putting a box in like the one i have is totally approved just has to be 25" or less, mine is 29.5" high... lame sauce...... not sure if i can run dual alternators yet....

New Post 06-27-2011 11:44 PM
SINTORMAN

anything new?

New Post 07-18-2011 03:20 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for SINTORMAN Click here to Send SINTORMAN a Private Message Find more posts by SINTORMAN Add SINTORMAN to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
gameguru1360

@OP, how about creatinng your own local group?? You could start one on meetup.com whicch is free to join. I haven't seen any sound comp groups on there. Mostly the kinds of groups either beinng formed or in existence are for hikinng, fne dininng, wine tasting, and other sports.

New Post 08-16-2011 02:59 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for gameguru1360 Click here to Send gameguru1360 a Private Message Find more posts by gameguru1360 Add gameguru1360 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (1): [1]

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
kaotiksyko, from , CO. RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. Rol886, from Rockaway Beach, NY. Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. banelsonms, from Moss Point, MS. weezer4rock, from , . jaboran, from swanton, OH. N2Audio, from Lawrence, KS. wolfantry, from erie, PA. 2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. IBBumpin, from Columbus, NE. tjsaudio, from anytown, MI. punkroc719, from Winchester, VA. Andrew, from Linden, MI. #1audio, from newport, NC. torawi01, from Corpus Christi, TX. Stripedss, from Hampton, GA. NRred2, from New York, NY. becesaudio, from davao city, AL. ipodzrcool, from , AL.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting