Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
OnlineCarStereo.com
The best and biggest selection of mobile audio/stereo, multimedia/navigation and accessories at the lowest prices! Kenwood, Pioneer, Rockford Fosgate, JVC, Sony, Clarion, Jensen, Infinity, Kicker and more...
Car Audio Black Friday Sales!
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > Amplifiers > Picking an amp.
Go Back Pages (2): [1] 2  Next next page
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
gawstoomuch

Picking an amp.

Hey guys im getting either two Alpine SWR 1023D (10in) or two Alpine SWR 1043D and i dont know what amp to get. I will probably get a sealed box

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 07-14-2011 05:25 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for gawstoomuch Click here to Send gawstoomuch a Private Message Find more posts by gawstoomuch Add gawstoomuch to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
KJM01

RE: Picking an amp.

quote:
Originally posted on 07-14-2011 by gawstoomuch
Hey guys im getting either two Alpine SWR 1023D (10in) or two Alpine SWR 1043D and i dont know what amp to get. I will probably get a sealed box

If you get the two 1023d then they will wire to a 2ohm load, so find an amp that does 1200w rms@ 2ohm,

But the choice I would go with is the 1043d cause they can be wired at either 1ohm( easier to find 1200w@1ohm)  or 4ohm(quite a bit more expensive)

New Post 07-14-2011 10:53 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for KJM01 Click here to Send KJM01 a Private Message Find more posts by KJM01 Add KJM01 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
gawstoomuch

RE: RE: Picking an amp.

quote:
Originally posted on 07-14-2011 by KJM01

If you get the two 1023d then they will wire to a 2ohm load, so find an amp that does 1200w rms@ 2ohm,

But the choice I would go with is the 1043d cause they can be wired at either 1ohm( easier to find 1200w@1ohm)  or 4ohm(quite a bit more expensive)

Alright thanks man! so i was looking at the MRX-F30. this would work yes? http://www.alpine-usa.com/product/view/mrx-f30

New Post 07-14-2011 11:25 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for gawstoomuch Click here to Send gawstoomuch a Private Message Find more posts by gawstoomuch Add gawstoomuch to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SINTORMAN

Are you set on alpine?

New Post 07-15-2011 12:35 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for SINTORMAN Click here to Send SINTORMAN a Private Message Find more posts by SINTORMAN Add SINTORMAN to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
gawstoomuch

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 07-15-2011 by SINTORMAN
Are you set on alpine?

for the subs yes, unless you got an idea. And for the amp i have no idea.

New Post 07-15-2011 01:03 AM
SINTORMAN

Whats your budget? If money is an issue then the brz line of hifonics is great and for subs I would get sundown subs like sa12's.

New Post 07-15-2011 01:09 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for SINTORMAN Click here to Send SINTORMAN a Private Message Find more posts by SINTORMAN Add SINTORMAN to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
gawstoomuch

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 07-15-2011 by SINTORMAN
Whats your budget? If money is an issue then the brz line of hifonics is great and for subs I would get sundown subs like sa12's.

I mean my budget is limited but i do have a job with steady check. I dont think 12s will be able to fit in my trunk. I will look at the amps though

New Post 07-15-2011 01:24 AM
SINTORMAN

sa8's? .. another fine alternative is the mbquart shallow mount woofer. RLP304 i think.

New Post 07-15-2011 01:43 AM
KJM01

RE: RE: RE: Picking an amp.

quote:
Originally posted on 07-14-2011 by gawstoomuch
Alright thanks man! so i was looking at the MRX-F30. this would work yes? http://www.alpine-usa.com/product/view/mrx-f30

no that amp is only 50w x 4ch, you could go with the hifonics, there is a guy here named SIC that is an authorized dealer or you can check out this(look at the subs too less expensive too the SDC2.5 version)  http://www.audioque.com/AQ1200D-Amplifier_p_30.html , and for the sub  http://www.audioque.com/Street-Duty-SDC25-10-D4-Subwoofer_p_10.html 

New Post 07-15-2011 09:40 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for KJM01 Click here to Send KJM01 a Private Message Find more posts by KJM01 Add KJM01 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
KJM01

that set up would be around $500 and would leave you enough to upgrade your electrical to where you need it. Not sure how much the hifonics would run you but im sure it will be reasonable as well.

New Post 07-15-2011 09:44 AM
sicaudio

bout 210 shipped on a BRZ1200... they have sa10 and 12 on sale as well 130-150 shipped for the bstocks... an SA10 would rape a TYPE R all day and sound better doing it...

New Post 07-15-2011 10:22 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for sicaudio Click here to Send sicaudio a Private Message Find more posts by sicaudio Add sicaudio to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
gawstoomuch

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 07-15-2011 by sicaudio
bout 210 shipped on a BRZ1200... they have sa10 and 12 on sale as well 130-150 shipped for the bstocks... an SA10 would rape a TYPE R all day and sound better doing it...

Alright and you suggest the amp with the two sa10?

New Post 07-18-2011 12:40 AM
SINTORMAN

brz1700 or 2100. either one.

New Post 07-18-2011 01:37 AM
gawstoomuch

so on the sa10s would it be dual 4 ohm coils or the dual 2 ohm coils?

New Post 07-18-2011 10:25 PM
SINTORMAN

dual 4 ohm. for a final load of 1 ohm.

New Post 07-18-2011 10:38 PM
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (2): [1] 2  Next next page

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. kaotiksyko, from , CO. Rol886, from Rockaway Beach, NY. Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. banelsonms, from Moss Point, MS. weezer4rock, from , . jaboran, from swanton, OH. N2Audio, from Lawrence, KS. wolfantry, from erie, PA. IBBumpin, from Columbus, NE. tjsaudio, from anytown, MI. punkroc719, from Winchester, VA. Andrew, from Linden, MI. #1audio, from newport, NC. torawi01, from Corpus Christi, TX. Stripedss, from Hampton, GA. NRred2, from New York, NY. becesaudio, from davao city, AL. ipodzrcool, from , AL.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting