Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
SonicElectronix.com - 1-877-BUY-SONIC
Up to $30.00 in FREE custom install kits on select car stereos. Largest selection online, great prices, Daily Deals and FREE shipping on most products. We are an authorized dealer for Infinity, JBL, JVC, Kicker, MTX, Vibe, RE Audio and others.
Car Audio Black Friday Sales!
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > Amplifiers > Alt nosie
Go Back Pages (2): [1] 2  Next next page
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
d2freak82

Alt nosie

I have been chasing this issue for a very long time... I have alternator noise through my speakers.

Today I hooked up rcas into my amp from another car with mine running.... no noise.  So I figured okay I have 3 issues it could be, deck, rca's, or power/ground on my deck.

So after hooking up the rca's from the other car I ran new power and ground to my deck, turn the car on, still have noise. I ran a new twisted rca outside the car, still.... noise.   I disconnected the rca from the deck completely..... lots of noise. WTF

I have grounded everything you can possible imagine, and they're all solid.....  I put in a ground loop isolator on my power and ground wire the other day.  I'm out of ideas, I've spent hours trying and retrying different variations of what could fix it. I've redone my system setup so many times it's getting old.... please help

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 07-15-2011 12:50 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for d2freak82 Click here to Send d2freak82 a Private Message Find more posts by d2freak82 Add d2freak82 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
KJM01

how about your battery ground, engine ground?that solved my noise issue

New Post 07-15-2011 09:50 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for KJM01 Click here to Send KJM01 a Private Message Find more posts by KJM01 Add KJM01 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sicaudio

check the antenna as well...

New Post 07-15-2011 10:24 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for sicaudio Click here to Send sicaudio a Private Message Find more posts by sicaudio Add sicaudio to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
d2freak82

considering I wasn't using the radio... not sure what the antenna has to do with it if I'm not using it. I don't even think it was hooked up at the time.

I said in my earlier post that I grounded everything..... the engine ground is 0ga direct from block to negative post, negative post to chasis, and direct from alternator bolt to chasis.

The ground from the amps is direct from negative post also

New Post 07-15-2011 12:54 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for d2freak82 Click here to Send d2freak82 a Private Message Find more posts by d2freak82 Add d2freak82 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SINTORMAN

Try your antennae. That seems like the only thing left. Also try your rca's to another car. See if its your headunit.

New Post 07-15-2011 01:40 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for SINTORMAN Click here to Send SINTORMAN a Private Message Find more posts by SINTORMAN Add SINTORMAN to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
d2freak82

I'm starting to think it is the deck, though I haven't had a chance to test it yet though. If it is my deck is there anyway to repair it so this no longer occurs? It's an Eclipse 7200mkii that I would rather not part with.

New Post 07-16-2011 12:38 AM
d2freak82

Alright I setup An amp and seperate battery next to the car hooked up rcas from the deck and with the car running... No noise............. Now what? Lol And what's this bit about the antenna? It's not currrently hooked up so how could it introduce noise into the system? Another idea is that the noise maybe being introduced through the speaker wire the stuff I used was really too thin and I've thought about replacing but I have just been too lazy to rerun all that crap.. I think I have 3 runs going to each side so it takes a bit.....

New Post 07-16-2011 08:26 PM
d2freak82

HA I FOUND IT.... I'm so happy that I found it. Been chasing that noise for 3 frickin months now! Now I just have to do 3 frickin runs of speaker wire that I should've used in the first place

New Post 07-16-2011 08:58 PM
d2freak82

Double post sorry

New Post 07-16-2011 08:58 PM
SINTORMAN

what exactly was the problem?

New Post 07-16-2011 09:09 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for SINTORMAN Click here to Send SINTORMAN a Private Message Find more posts by SINTORMAN Add SINTORMAN to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
larrypeters86

Yes I'm curious as well.

New Post 07-16-2011 09:13 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for larrypeters86 Click here to Send larrypeters86 a Private Message Find more posts by larrypeters86 Add larrypeters86 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
d2freak82

Speaker wire powering the front 8s and components. It's like 18 ga I think. Its picking up noise I've been wanting to rewire those for a month or better cause that wire breaks so easy it drives me nuts. But it's definitely not the answer I expected in this... I swore it had to be a ground

New Post 07-16-2011 09:51 PM
SINTORMAN

huh.

New Post 07-16-2011 09:53 PM
d2freak82

The speaker wire for my fronts is picking up noise. With the speAker wire detached from the amp... I get noise. So after reading an article that mentioned that I tried it.... And voila no noise

New Post 07-16-2011 10:28 PM
d2freak82

Another double post damn ipad

New Post 07-17-2011 07:09 PM
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (2): [1] 2  Next next page

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. kaotiksyko, from , CO. Rol886, from Rockaway Beach, NY. Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. banelsonms, from Moss Point, MS. weezer4rock, from , . jaboran, from swanton, OH. N2Audio, from Lawrence, KS. wolfantry, from erie, PA. IBBumpin, from Columbus, NE. tjsaudio, from anytown, MI. punkroc719, from Winchester, VA. Andrew, from Linden, MI. #1audio, from newport, NC. torawi01, from Corpus Christi, TX. Stripedss, from Hampton, GA. NRred2, from New York, NY. becesaudio, from davao city, AL. ipodzrcool, from , AL.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting