Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
SonicElectronix.com - 1-877-BUY-SONIC
Up to $30.00 in FREE custom install kits on select car stereos. Largest selection online, great prices, Daily Deals and FREE shipping on most products. We are an authorized dealer for Infinity, JBL, JVC, Kicker, MTX, Vibe, RE Audio and others.
Car Audio Black Friday Sales!
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > Amplifiers > wanting to bridge my amp how do i do it
Go Back Pages (1): [1]
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
cyrus19841

wanting to bridge my amp how do i do it

i watched you tube videos and everyones sayin different things whats the true way to bridge a amp i already have mubs wired i just need to know how to run the wire drom the amp to my subs because someone told me you run a wire from the neg side of the amp to one neg side to the left sub and run a wire from the pos side on the amp to the right sub and then you run a wire from neg right sub to pos on left sub but then other ppl say u run pos and neg off amp to pos and neg on one sub and then you run 2 wires from pos and neg side one sub and just run them to the other sub is either one of these right and the amp is a 2 channel

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 07-16-2011 12:08 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for cyrus19841 Click here to Send cyrus19841 a Private Message Find more posts by cyrus19841 Add cyrus19841 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
larrypeters86

Do you have the manual for the amp? The manual will tell you and most amps show what terminals to use for bridging on the side of the amp. Just make sure you run the correct impedance for the amp in bridged mode.

New Post 07-16-2011 12:40 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for larrypeters86 Click here to Send larrypeters86 a Private Message Find more posts by larrypeters86 Add larrypeters86 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cyrus19841

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 07-16-2011 by larrypeters86

Do you have the manual for the amp? The manual will tell you and most amps show what terminals to use for bridging on the side of the amp. Just make sure you run the correct impedance for the amp in bridged mode.

yea h i know what terminals to use im just not sure of the way to run the wire do i before whaen i was runnin it i had one wire runnin from the pos on the amp to the pos on the right sub and i had a wire runnin off the neg on the amp goin to the neg on the left sub and then a wire runnin from the neg of one sub to the pos on the other sub which someone told me it was right but then someone else seen it and said it was wrong and that i should take a wire from the pos side of the amp and run it to the pos terminal on one suband then from that sub terminal run another wire to the pos on the other sub and also do the same thing with the neg and im just confused by it to help out the subs are 4 ohm dvc the amp is stable at 4 ohms how should i hook it up to get the best sound without burnin up my amp

New Post 07-16-2011 01:15 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for cyrus19841 Click here to Send cyrus19841 a Private Message Find more posts by cyrus19841 Add cyrus19841 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SINTORMAN

here is a picture. Do it like this. http://images.the12volt.com/12voltimages/2_4ohm_dvc_4ohm.gif Connect the main positive to the positive bridged terminal and the main negative on the left to the negative bridged terminal.

New Post 07-16-2011 04:01 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for SINTORMAN Click here to Send SINTORMAN a Private Message Find more posts by SINTORMAN Add SINTORMAN to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cyrus19841

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 07-16-2011 by SINTORMAN
here is a picture. Do it like this. http://images.the12volt.com/12voltimages/2_4ohm_dvc_4ohm.gif Connect the main positive to the positive bridged terminal and the main negative on the left to the negative bridged terminal.

main terminals "amp" and run 4 sets of wires off were were it says bridged and run a two wires from the pos one to one sub and one to the other sub and do the same thing with the neg

New Post 07-16-2011 05:46 PM
SINTORMAN

Do it how the picture shows.

New Post 07-16-2011 05:48 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for SINTORMAN Click here to Send SINTORMAN a Private Message Find more posts by SINTORMAN Add SINTORMAN to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cyrus19841

RE:

quote:

so take the four wires and connect two to the pos where it says bridged and two to where it says neg and run a pos to one sub and the other pos to the other sub and do the same with the neg

New Post 07-16-2011 05:49 PM
cyrus19841

RE:

quote:

i dont see a picture

New Post 07-16-2011 05:52 PM
cyrus19841

RE:

quote:

i dont see a picture

New Post 07-16-2011 05:52 PM
SINTORMAN

Copy the hyperlink into a new tab.

New Post 07-16-2011 05:54 PM
cyrus19841

RE:

quote:

oh lol ok im all new at this thing lol

New Post 07-16-2011 05:57 PM
cyrus19841

RE:

quote:

thanks i got it

New Post 07-16-2011 06:02 PM
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (1): [1]

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. Rol886, from Rockaway Beach, NY. Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. banelsonms, from Moss Point, MS. weezer4rock, from , . jaboran, from swanton, OH. N2Audio, from Lawrence, KS. wolfantry, from erie, PA. 2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. IBBumpin, from Columbus, NE. tjsaudio, from anytown, MI. kaotiksyko, from , CO. punkroc719, from Winchester, VA. Andrew, from Linden, MI. #1audio, from newport, NC. torawi01, from Corpus Christi, TX. Stripedss, from Hampton, GA. NRred2, from New York, NY. becesaudio, from davao city, AL. ipodzrcool, from , AL.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting