Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
SonicElectronix.com - 1-877-BUY-SONIC
Up to $30.00 in FREE custom install kits on select car stereos. Largest selection online, great prices, Daily Deals and FREE shipping on most products. We are an authorized dealer for Infinity, JBL, JVC, Kicker, MTX, Vibe, RE Audio and others.
Car Audio Black Friday Sales!
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > Amplifiers > BXI2610D for 2 SA-12d2s
Go Back Pages (2): [1] 2  Next next page
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
kickerjon66

BXI2610D for 2 SA-12d2s

Sic maybe u can help me out. Would a 2610 be enough for the sundowns? Thanks

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 07-21-2011 04:23 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for kickerjon66 Click here to Send kickerjon66 a Private Message Find more posts by kickerjon66 Add kickerjon66 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kickerjon66

Ok im not getting the 2610d now so im thinking about getting a audiopipe 30001d. 3000rms at 2 ohms should push the sundowns pretty good. The AP is $340 shipped. Anyone have a better idea for around the same price.

New Post 07-23-2011 10:39 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for kickerjon66 Click here to Send kickerjon66 a Private Message Find more posts by kickerjon66 Add kickerjon66 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SINTORMAN

2610d isn't very good compared to the bre2500. Actual power output and efficiency went way up the the 2011 line. And your best bet would be finding a gp3000d pro off caco or craigslist.

New Post 07-23-2011 12:11 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for SINTORMAN Click here to Send SINTORMAN a Private Message Find more posts by SINTORMAN Add SINTORMAN to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SINTORMAN

Audiopipe Have horrible efficiency require lots of power. The y do do rated but, I have seen quotes of how cheaply they are made by certified amp repair people.

New Post 07-23-2011 12:13 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for SINTORMAN Click here to Send SINTORMAN a Private Message Find more posts by SINTORMAN Add SINTORMAN to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
daman357

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 07-23-2011 by SINTORMAN
Audiopipe Have horrible efficiency require lots of power. The y do do rated but, I have seen quotes of how cheaply they are made by certified amp repair people.

ap is not horrible. What u expect any 3k amp requrire lots of power. 3k will be good on the 12s, just set ur gain carefully. I no a dude with the same setup hitting a 150. go for it bruh

New Post 07-24-2011 11:10 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for daman357 Click here to Send daman357 a Private Message Find more posts by daman357 Add daman357 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SINTORMAN

Quoting Sic here. """""""""Posted by sicaudio on 02-23-2011 01:12 PM: also here is a quote from the most respected Amplifier repair tech in the industry currently... [QUOTE=dB-r;20208]Hmm. I'm 35, I have an old (1986 model) HiFonics Colossus VI, and it's great! Seriously guys, the HiFonics isn't that bad. If you had repeated trouble with them maybe it was mounted to the sub box or some part of the car that flexed really bad? They are not happy with vibration.... The Audiopipe is FAR worse build quality than the HiFonics. Both the HiFonics Brutus series and the Audiopipe are made in China, and of the two, the Audiopipe is LESS overrrated but is far worse build quality than the HiFonics line. The HiFonics Brutus is basically built as good as Korean amps are, the Audiopipe is typical chinese. I suspect we will be working on ALOT of Audiopipe amps this year since they were so popular last year, it will take a while for the solder connections to start coming undone in them, and the cheap ultra thin PCB traces to start breaking, but it will happen. I'd pick the HiFonics before an Audiopipe based on what I have seen inside them.... If you can get an RD Korean made (D5, D9 or older RD models) or any Sundown or Audioque, etc amp you are way better off than with an Audiopipe in the long run. Just a warning, those things are gonna start breaking like mad soon. Cheapest circuit board on the planet in those things... I could barely work on them without them falling apart from just barely any heat from my iron...[/QUOTE]...........................................................................................................................like I said I speak facts not bullshit...I research everything...and base my recommendations on fact not my opinion...AP is garbage that is fact...""""""""

New Post 07-26-2011 04:09 AM
kickerjon66

GP3000d

SINTORMAN you recomended the GP3000. I have found one for sale for $275 and im considering buying it but its rated at 1500watts at 2 ohms which is what ill be running it at. i dont think that will be enough for the SA-12s. im really considering talking to SIC about a BRE2500.1 they say it will do 1700 @ 2ohms.(some say it will do 2000+ @ 2 ohms) Sorry for all the questions im just want to get the right amp. Thanks

New Post 07-26-2011 10:34 AM
sicaudio

Gillette has a BRE2500 and can attest to the enormous power they do...
anything that is over 800 per sub is gonna pound the SA subs well... but I would use a boss amp long before i used a firebox AP...

New Post 07-26-2011 10:52 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for sicaudio Click here to Send sicaudio a Private Message Find more posts by sicaudio Add sicaudio to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
daman357

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 07-26-2011 by sicaudio
Gillette has a BRE2500 and can attest to the enormous power they do...
anything that is over 800 per sub is gonna pound the SA subs well... but I would use a boss amp long before i used a firebox AP...

audiopipe is 5th in the usa right now doing 156. What place is hifonics in?

New Post 07-26-2011 11:45 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for daman357 Click here to Send daman357 a Private Message Find more posts by daman357 Add daman357 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SINTORMAN

You could always run your subs at. 5 ohms. You just need really good electircal.

New Post 07-26-2011 12:11 PM
kickerjon66

Good electrical

SINTORMAN what woulld you consider good enough electrical to run the BRZ2400 or the BRE2500? We already discussed what i have in the other thread i started. do you think that will do?(big three, two runs of 0 gauge and three red tops)

There is a shop around me that will upgrade my alt to 220amp for $180. or DBelectric has them for $220 for a 220amp. I was thinking of buying the DB and just running 2 alts(by brother will make me the braket to mount them)

my stock alt is 105amp so thats where im starting from

New Post 07-26-2011 01:07 PM
SINTORMAN

400 ah in batteries. Your 2 runs of 0 gauge are great. And at least one ho alt in a dual alt setup. If you keep your stock as one of them I don't see it lasting for very long.

New Post 07-26-2011 01:19 PM
kickerjon66

Damn 400ah in batteries is gonna be expensive. plus i dont have enough room to put them in my car. theres barely enough room for the two redtops since i removed my spare tire.

New Post 07-26-2011 02:22 PM
SINTORMAN

Well 400 is optimal because if you are running 3000 watts at .5 ohms you will be around 50% efficiency and thats 4500 watts total. 4500/14 is around 300. But you have to account for some voltage drop. I would say the lowest you can go is 300 ah but thats pushing it.

New Post 07-26-2011 02:40 PM
kickerjon66

OK so thats for for running @ .5ohm after reading and talkiing to SIC the bre2500.1 or the BRZ24001 should do at least 17-1800 watts at 2 ohms so thats what ill do. hopefully ill be able to get away with just the 1 220 alt and the red tops ther 50ah a piece so that 150ah so far.(even though there the wrong kind of batteries)

New Post 07-26-2011 02:56 PM
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (2): [1] 2  Next next page

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. soltany, from beirut, MI. Rol886, from Rockaway Beach, NY. 2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. kaotiksyko, from , CO. banelsonms, from Moss Point, MS. weezer4rock, from , . jaboran, from swanton, OH. N2Audio, from Lawrence, KS. wolfantry, from erie, PA. IBBumpin, from Columbus, NE. tjsaudio, from anytown, MI. punkroc719, from Winchester, VA. Andrew, from Linden, MI. #1audio, from newport, NC. torawi01, from Corpus Christi, TX. Stripedss, from Hampton, GA. NRred2, from New York, NY. becesaudio, from davao city, AL.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting