Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
SonicElectronix.com - 1-877-BUY-SONIC
Up to $30.00 in FREE custom install kits on select car stereos. Largest selection online, great prices, Daily Deals and FREE shipping on most products. We are an authorized dealer for Infinity, JBL, JVC, Kicker, MTX, Vibe, RE Audio and others.
Car Audio Black Friday Sales!
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > Subwoofers and Speakers > Which subs?
Go Back Pages (1): [1]
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
ineedtonutt

Which subs?

I'm curious as to which one of these subs would hit harder: Kicker 10CVX122 12" 1500W Dual 2-Ohm COMPVX Series Component Car Subwoofer Driver (CompVX122) OR Memphis 15-PR12D4V2 12" - 250RMS/500W - 87 dB - 60 oz - 5.54" I hear a lot about Kicker but then again I hear a lot about Memphis as well. Also, do you want 2-Ohm or 4-Ohm? I know I'm nubish, sorry.

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 07-22-2011 01:34 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for ineedtonutt Click here to Send ineedtonutt a Private Message Find more posts by ineedtonutt Add ineedtonutt to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
larrypeters86

Both of those subs are extremely average bottom end stuff. what amp do you have and how much money do you have to spend?

New Post 07-22-2011 05:57 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for larrypeters86 Click here to Send larrypeters86 a Private Message Find more posts by larrypeters86 Add larrypeters86 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ineedtonutt

First off I'm not wanting to piss off mods by going off topic but this is still sub related. I have a tacoma reg cab so I dont have a lot of room to work with. I still have most of my first system installed. I just upgraded 10s here and there looking for more thump. I started out with all Boss Audio system(cd player, amp, 10s). Which is actually a good FIRST system for anyone. Very affordable and believe it or not is loud and sounds good. Even this black dude complemented me on it sounding good lol. I've had the same Boss 1000w amp for like 5 years now. I can't see why people hate on it so bad. I kept me a bottle of Aleve in my truck for the first few months. lol. Anyway, the amp I was looking at is a Boss Audio OL5KD 5000w amp. Its about $250. I'm now also looking at a Performance Teknique ICBM-CLASS-D 3000w amp which is about $257. I read that Performance Teknique is a really good underrated brand but I dont personally know. Then there is a Kicker 2500w amp which is eight hundred ridiculous dollars. As for how much I got to spend I got as much as I can wait and save but I just dont want to spend outrageously on one thing. Nor do I want to wait. lol

New Post 07-23-2011 01:12 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for ineedtonutt Click here to Send ineedtonutt a Private Message Find more posts by ineedtonutt Add ineedtonutt to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ineedtonutt

And you said they were average bottom end? Basically you were saying they kinda suck. Those kickers are nearly $200 each. I aim to have two subs. So thats $400 in subs alone and you saying they may suck? That would suck as my $40 ea 500w Boss 10s hit pretty good when I had them in. What about a couple Alpine SWX-1243D?

New Post 07-23-2011 02:18 PM
larrypeters86

take a look around here.....

http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/store/categories/Sub-Woofers/

There is some amazing equipment out there.2 Sundown SA 12's would be insane in the right box and with the right amp. Performance Technique is extremely overrated and basically garbage. please don't waste your money.

New Post 07-23-2011 02:28 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for larrypeters86 Click here to Send larrypeters86 a Private Message Find more posts by larrypeters86 Add larrypeters86 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
larrypeters86

Here is an amp that does a real 1200 watts.

http://www.audioque.com/AQ1200D-Amplifier_p_30.html

Get that amp and 2 of these.

http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/store/products/Sundown-Audio-SA%252d12.html

That will sound incredible in the right box.

New Post 07-23-2011 02:40 PM
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (1): [1]

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
kaotiksyko, from , CO. RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. Rol886, from Rockaway Beach, NY. Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. banelsonms, from Moss Point, MS. weezer4rock, from , . jaboran, from swanton, OH. N2Audio, from Lawrence, KS. wolfantry, from erie, PA. 2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. IBBumpin, from Columbus, NE. tjsaudio, from anytown, MI. punkroc719, from Winchester, VA. Andrew, from Linden, MI. #1audio, from newport, NC. torawi01, from Corpus Christi, TX. Stripedss, from Hampton, GA. NRred2, from New York, NY. becesaudio, from davao city, AL. ipodzrcool, from , AL.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting