Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
SonicElectronix.com - 1-877-BUY-SONIC
Up to $30.00 in FREE custom install kits on select car stereos. Largest selection online, great prices, Daily Deals and FREE shipping on most products. We are an authorized dealer for Infinity, JBL, JVC, Kicker, MTX, Vibe, RE Audio and others.
Car Audio Black Friday Sales!
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > Amplifiers > Which amp?
Go Back Pages (2): [1] 2  Next next page
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
ineedtonutt

Which amp?

I'm looking at a couple amps and would greatly appreciate some advice. Boss Audio OL5KD RMS Power Range : 2250-3500 Watts Number Of Channels: 1 Maximum Power: 5000 Watts Built In Crossovers: Yes Channel Separation: Yes Max power @ 1-Ohm: 5000W x 1 Max power @ 2-Ohm: 3500w x 1 Max power @ 4-Ohm: 2250w x 1 Remote subwoofer level control RCA line outputs Gain control Input sensitivity selector Variable subsonic filter Strapping capability: Strap two amps together for twice the power Variable low pass crossovers 0 - +18 dB Bass Boost Power and protection LEDs 0180 degrees Variable phase shift control Signal-to-noise ratio: > 100 dB THD: 0.01% Dimensions: 11-5/16"W X 2-5/8"H X 17-1/8"L OR Kicker ZX2500.1 RMS Power Range : 1250-2500 Watts Number Of Channels: 1 Frequency response: 25-200 Hz Built In Crossovers: Yes 1250W RMS x 1 Channel @ 4-Ohm 2500W RMS x 1 Channel @ 2-Ohm Hih efficiency MOSFET power supply LED power and protection indicators Remote bass level input (Kicker 10ZXRC remote level control included) Tuned Bass EQ (0-18 dB bass boost at 40 Hz) Preamp RCA outputs Muting circuit cancels out unwanted noise Boost, gain, and crossover frequencies are top-mounted for easy access Balanced differential inputs for noise elimination and factory-radio compatibility 3 Automatic turn-on modes (remote, DC offset, signal sense) Optional edgy vinyl skins for personalizing heat sinks available High-density convection heat sink for extreme heat dissipation Gold-plated RCA level inputs Gold-plated screw terminals Variable low-pass filter (50-200 Hz, 24 dB/octave) High-pass subsonic filter (24 dB at 25 Hz) CEA-2006 compliant amplifier Frequency response: 25-200 Hz Dimensions: 27-1/2"L x 9-5/8"W x 2-1/8"H My main question is, can the $250 Boss amp even compare to the $800 Kicker? Is Kicker just so pricey for the name? If I get the affordable amp will it push my subs just as well as the one out of a normal human being's price range? Thanks.

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 07-22-2011 01:40 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for ineedtonutt Click here to Send ineedtonutt a Private Message Find more posts by ineedtonutt Add ineedtonutt to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ianarian

Of course not.... UNLESS, the rest of your equipment is equally as despicable as Boss. Cheap wire, connections, speakers, batteries and a crap enclosures are exclusions that make Boss ideal to recommend.

New Post 07-22-2011 02:44 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Ianarian Click here to Send Ianarian a Private Message Find more posts by Ianarian Add Ianarian to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SINTORMAN

Can't tell if he is a spammer. There is no hyperlink so its very hard to tell.

New Post 07-22-2011 03:18 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for SINTORMAN Click here to Send SINTORMAN a Private Message Find more posts by SINTORMAN Add SINTORMAN to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ineedtonutt

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 07-22-2011 by SINTORMAN
Can't tell if he is a spammer. There is no hyperlink so its very hard to tell.

Nah its a legit question dick. I had it all spaced out and neat but when it posted it all went together. Dang, dude hating on Boss bad. lol. $800 is ridiculous for an amp tho. Does Performance Teknique make quality amps? I wont post all the details this time so the e knights dont have to get excited. Someone referred to Performance Teknique as "underrated".

New Post 07-23-2011 12:53 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for ineedtonutt Click here to Send ineedtonutt a Private Message Find more posts by ineedtonutt Add ineedtonutt to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SINTORMAN

RE: RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 07-23-2011 by ineedtonutt
Nah its a legit question dick. I had it all spaced out and neat but when it posted it all went together. Dang, dude hating on Boss bad. lol. $800 is ridiculous for an amp tho. Does Performance Teknique make quality amps? I wont post all the details this time so the e knights dont have to get excited. Someone referred to Performance Teknique as "underrated".

if you think boss audio is good then.. well there is little hope.

New Post 07-23-2011 02:09 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for SINTORMAN Click here to Send SINTORMAN a Private Message Find more posts by SINTORMAN Add SINTORMAN to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ineedtonutt

RE: RE: RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 07-23-2011 by SINTORMAN
if you think boss audio is good then.. well there is little hope.

I don't recall asking your opinion on my outlook. Pretty sure I'm asking the more professional experienced people here about amps. Do you do this to build up posts? No more replies from you. Run along now, sir.

New Post 07-23-2011 03:40 AM
SINTORMAN

LOL. im being nice compared to what Ian or LP will say to you. They will tell you how boss used to be good a long long time ago when stephen mantz designed them but now they are worse than sony and hang with audiobahn.

New Post 07-23-2011 03:46 AM
SINTORMAN

And we have about 4 frequent spammer accounts so its kinda hard to tell when we get new members.

New Post 07-23-2011 03:47 AM
ineedtonutt

And he replies twice. Hit up your fav car audio site(http://www.parts-express.com) then click on Car Audio, then hit up 10" Car Subwoofers. Sort by highest rated and tell me which is highest rated.

New Post 07-23-2011 03:52 AM
SINTORMAN

Lol

New Post 07-23-2011 04:36 AM
ineedtonutt

RE:

quote:
Lol

Exactly my point. People may dog Boss because it's not boss which I can agree but it's not bad either. I've had a Boss system for roughly five years. Only problems I really had were with the cd players. After I had my first Boss cd player a while I noticed when it was really cold, like freezing I guess, I couldnt turn(it had a clockwise/counterclockwise turning knob)up the vol. Either way I turned it would go down to 0 and stay there. And if you burnt a cd at too fast a write speed it would have a had time changing tracks. Minor stuff which wasnt bad. Heat up the truck and you could turn the vol back up. Shit I dont work in the cold either. And burn the cds at a slow write speed and there were no issues. I've since upgraded to a Boss 3.2in TFT monitor cd/dvd player. It has froze up on me once or twice but not many issues with it. Shit, you can have the biggest and best most expensive PC and it'll lock up on you. Anyway, we are getting a little off topic. My Boss 1000w amp I have had since like 2006. No issues at all. My subs will be right behind my seat in my reg cab. Not all the way in my trunk as I dont have one. I want to pound harder but not be ran out my truck. Do you think that 5000w Boss amp will push subs hard enough to satisfy or does it still suck dick? Should I go with a 3000w Performance Teknique amp? Do they suck dick as well? I'm not a millionaire but I want to upgrade from my 1000w system and pound harder. I want it to make me keep another bottle of aleve in the truck. Oh and by the way I'm planned to upgrade my cd player from that 3.2in boss to a Power Acoustik PTID-8310NRBT. Check that shit out - http://www.sonicelectronix.com/product_videos.php?product_id=24401

New Post 07-23-2011 02:07 PM
SINTORMAN

I would bet cash money your amp is barely putting out 600 clipped watts and if you gave those subs their real rms they would burn. I have a pioneer 4300ub and I have had zero problems. Cold should never affect cd players.

New Post 07-23-2011 02:18 PM
KJM01

boss is the lowest low end stuff, kicker is better, but not worth the ticket price, like you said you are paying for the name. Depending what you are willing to spend there are much better amps out there, and just because things are rated high doesnt tell the whole story. Check out some AQ (audioque.com) or even hifonics for decent low end stuff, look at Zed audio for highend amps or even Mcintosh for amps. Look at the specs and get familiarized with what they all mean and that will give you a better idea what is good and what is not.Also look at the RMS or continuous power and not the maxx power. Music is dynamic not steady.

New Post 07-23-2011 04:26 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for KJM01 Click here to Send KJM01 a Private Message Find more posts by KJM01 Add KJM01 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
larrypeters86

RE:

quote:
LOL. im being nice compared to what Ian or LP will say to you. They will tell you how boss used to be good a long long time ago when stephen mantz designed them but now they are worse than sony and hang with audiobahn.

It's nice to see you think so highly of me.

New Post 07-23-2011 06:35 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for larrypeters86 Click here to Send larrypeters86 a Private Message Find more posts by larrypeters86 Add larrypeters86 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
larrypeters86

I'll try to be nice....On a cool summer night...with a tail wind.....The Boss amp might....Might do 1k. Sometimes we all get a little caught up in power ratings. maybe we should consider other things like thd,dampening factor...and how about noise floor. Overall build quality of Boss is horrible to say the least. It is marketed to people that don't know what real audio is.

New Post 07-23-2011 06:40 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for larrypeters86 Click here to Send larrypeters86 a Private Message Find more posts by larrypeters86 Add larrypeters86 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (2): [1] 2  Next next page

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
kaotiksyko, from , CO. RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. Rol886, from Rockaway Beach, NY. Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. banelsonms, from Moss Point, MS. weezer4rock, from , . jaboran, from swanton, OH. N2Audio, from Lawrence, KS. wolfantry, from erie, PA. 2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. IBBumpin, from Columbus, NE. tjsaudio, from anytown, MI. punkroc719, from Winchester, VA. Andrew, from Linden, MI. #1audio, from newport, NC. torawi01, from Corpus Christi, TX. Stripedss, from Hampton, GA. NRred2, from New York, NY. becesaudio, from davao city, AL. ipodzrcool, from , AL.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting