Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
OnlineCarStereo.com
The best and biggest selection of mobile audio/stereo, multimedia/navigation and accessories at the lowest prices! Kenwood, Pioneer, Rockford Fosgate, JVC, Sony, Clarion, Jensen, Infinity, Kicker and more...
Car Audio Black Friday Sales!
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > Amplifiers > Amp help?!?!?!
Go Back Pages (1): [1]
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
spencerkim94

Amp help?!?!?!

So i pretty much have my mind set on the subwoofer, its gonna be an 12' RE Audio SRx dual 2 ohm. but im not too sure on what amp to buy. The sub handles 300w rms. So if i got an audiobahn a2002j (2 channel class ab intake series) would that make fit the sub well? The website says it has an rms rating of...

4 ohms: 75w x 2 chan 

2 ohms: 100w x 2 chan

Bridged @ 4 ohms: 300w x 1 chan

Im not too savy with amps and subs. so im not sure...please helppp!

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 07-22-2011 07:15 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for spencerkim94 Click here to Send spencerkim94 a Private Message Find more posts by spencerkim94 Add spencerkim94 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
larrypeters86

That would work......however. ....you can do better with the sub and audiobahn is worthless garbage. How much are you looking to spend for both? Will you be buying a box for the sub or building it?

New Post 07-22-2011 07:44 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for larrypeters86 Click here to Send larrypeters86 a Private Message Find more posts by larrypeters86 Add larrypeters86 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
spencerkim94

the only reason i was looking at the audiobahn amp was cuz it was part of one of those sub amp packages at sonic electronix and i know that they usually give you an underpowered pos amp so i was kinda sceptical. And i have plenty of wood that i could use to make a custom box but i was prob just gonna buy a prefab box cuz i dont know ANYTHING about making sub enclosures so i didnt wanna screw up and make my sub sound like crap

New Post 07-22-2011 07:59 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for spencerkim94 Click here to Send spencerkim94 a Private Message Find more posts by spencerkim94 Add spencerkim94 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
spencerkim94

and im only looking to spend like $250 or 300 for both cuz idk how to install amps so ill have to pay for that and im gonna have to buy a line out converter and get that installed cuz i wanna keep my oem headunit  

New Post 07-22-2011 08:03 PM
larrypeters86

..We have a start. Is the rest of the system a factory model? I assume it is. I really hope it's not Bose. They can get kinda expensive  to integrate into certain models.

Here is an amp that I would buy in a heartbeat. Very well built and does rated power.

http://www.woofersetc.com/p-6097-txa-3002-cadence-2-channel-high-power-600-watt-amplifier.aspx

And a sub to go with it.

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=295-466

That is a great sub that most people have never heard of.

That would be right around $300. It woill sound light yrs better and last much much longer than the RE/Audiobahn. The audiobahn is really the weak link in what you chose. The RE sub isn't terrible.....Just not my cup of tea. It will get loud but won't sound nearly as good as the Dayton.

New Post 07-22-2011 09:19 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for larrypeters86 Click here to Send larrypeters86 a Private Message Find more posts by larrypeters86 Add larrypeters86 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
spencerkim94

yeah its all factory right now. its a 03 jetta with the monsoon system. And with that sub being 700w rms wouldnt i have to do all kinds of upgrades to my electrical system to give it enough power? And what do you think about hifonics amps? are they any good?

New Post 07-22-2011 09:43 PM
larrypeters86

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 07-22-2011 by spencerkim94

yeah its all factory right now. its a 03 jetta with the monsoon system. And with that sub being 700w rms wouldnt i have to do all kinds of upgrades to my electrical system to give it enough power? And what do you think about hifonics amps? are they any good?

The sub rating doesn't matter. It's the amount of power the amp puts out and the juice it needs to do so. In a general sense a factory electrical system can handle somewhere between 900 and 1.3 k. 900 watts and 1300 watts. Anything more and you're pushing it.  As far as Hifonics....Do a search on google for Hifonics quality and you be the judge. I have owned and installed more brands and models than anyone on this forum.....Or damm near all of them. A new Hifonics amp or anything else by Maxxonics would be the last thing I would buy.

New Post 07-22-2011 10:26 PM
SINTORMAN

while I do think the brz series is good for the money. The smallest amp is the brz1200 and that would require electrical upgrades which it sounds like you don't want to do that and it is too expensive for you. Lp's suggestions are great. And dayton subs are very forgiving when it comes to box specs. There are very detailed guides online on how to effectively build a box. You should be fine.

New Post 07-22-2011 11:13 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for SINTORMAN Click here to Send SINTORMAN a Private Message Find more posts by SINTORMAN Add SINTORMAN to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (1): [1]

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. Rol886, from Rockaway Beach, NY. Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. reagan1, from Rowlett, TX. soltany, from beirut, MI. 2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. kaotiksyko, from , CO. banelsonms, from Moss Point, MS. weezer4rock, from , . jaboran, from swanton, OH. N2Audio, from Lawrence, KS. wolfantry, from erie, PA. IBBumpin, from Columbus, NE. tjsaudio, from anytown, MI. punkroc719, from Winchester, VA. Andrew, from Linden, MI. #1audio, from newport, NC. torawi01, from Corpus Christi, TX. Stripedss, from Hampton, GA. NRred2, from New York, NY.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting