Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
OnlineCarStereo.com
The best and biggest selection of mobile audio/stereo, multimedia/navigation and accessories at the lowest prices! Kenwood, Pioneer, Rockford Fosgate, JVC, Sony, Clarion, Jensen, Infinity, Kicker and more...
Car Audio Black Friday Sales!
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > Subwoofers and Speakers > Checking sub box tuning freq?
Go Back Pages (1): [1]
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
jsb91010

Checking sub box tuning freq?

Is there a way to check an already made boxes tune frequency? I have a prefab ported box for my 10 and just seems it could hit lower. Thanks guys.

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 07-27-2011 10:20 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for jsb91010 Click here to Send jsb91010 a Private Message Find more posts by jsb91010 Add jsb91010 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SINTORMAN

measure specs of the box? That seems like the best way to me.

New Post 07-27-2011 11:28 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for SINTORMAN Click here to Send SINTORMAN a Private Message Find more posts by SINTORMAN Add SINTORMAN to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sicaudio

w/o an RTA or similar you will need to know the enclosures internal net size then measure the port and do the math...

New Post 07-28-2011 09:29 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for sicaudio Click here to Send sicaudio a Private Message Find more posts by sicaudio Add sicaudio to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jsb91010

well i do know the dimensions, they are: Dimensions: 12"H x 17"D x 16"W ...which i calculate out to 1.36cubic feet. So how do i find out how much port displacement there is? Once i figure that out, the number im left with is the ACTUAL volume for the sub? And then how would i figure out it's tuning freq? My sub calls for 1.0cubic feet @ 35hz, so i figured after sub displacement (.12^3) and port displacement i'd be right about 1.0 even. Just seems like the port isn't long enough after using some programs with those measurements and 35hz tuning. Thanks for you guys help.

New Post 07-28-2011 03:02 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for jsb91010 Click here to Send jsb91010 a Private Message Find more posts by jsb91010 Add jsb91010 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SINTORMAN

Don't forget to take into account port wall thickness. That can change your volume.

New Post 07-28-2011 03:06 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for SINTORMAN Click here to Send SINTORMAN a Private Message Find more posts by SINTORMAN Add SINTORMAN to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jsb91010

i don't know how to figure out the port volume displacement? I figure once i know how much that is, i can subtract from total box volume that will give me accurate air space # for subwoofer, then i can put it in the calculator with my port size and it can tell me what the tuning is? Also, i think the box is tuned at 41-42hz from my previous calculations not sure how accurate they are... lol...but will i get alot lower if i get a box @ 35hz, will the bass get heavier and hit harder? Some bass sounds good on current setup but others not so good. For instance, late night tip by 3-6 doesn't really wang like it does in my gf's setup. my sub doesn't have much excursion and doesn't sound very "clean"

New Post 07-28-2011 03:24 PM
SINTORMAN

Too small of a box might be choking the sub. That would mess with cone movement not letting exert as far and making it sound muddy.

New Post 07-28-2011 03:35 PM
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (1): [1]

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. kaotiksyko, from , CO. Rol886, from Rockaway Beach, NY. Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. banelsonms, from Moss Point, MS. weezer4rock, from , . jaboran, from swanton, OH. N2Audio, from Lawrence, KS. wolfantry, from erie, PA. IBBumpin, from Columbus, NE. tjsaudio, from anytown, MI. punkroc719, from Winchester, VA. Andrew, from Linden, MI. #1audio, from newport, NC. torawi01, from Corpus Christi, TX. Stripedss, from Hampton, GA. NRred2, from New York, NY. becesaudio, from davao city, AL. ipodzrcool, from , AL.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting