Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
OnlineCarStereo.com
The best and biggest selection of mobile audio/stereo, multimedia/navigation and accessories at the lowest prices! Kenwood, Pioneer, Rockford Fosgate, JVC, Sony, Clarion, Jensen, Infinity, Kicker and more...
Car Audio Black Friday Sales!
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > Amplifiers > Hifonics Brutus BRZ1700.1D
Go Back Pages (3): [1] 2 3  Next next page
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
sillykumquat

Hifonics Brutus BRZ1700.1D

I noticed that this amp doesnt have internal fusing, so i looked into fusing it to the rated 160amps but of course you can buy 160amps. I was wondering if i should buy 150amp fuses or 175 amp fuses? Also, do i just put the inline fuse right before the amp and keep the fuse right after the battery the same or can i just switch out the fuse right after the battery?

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 07-30-2011 02:20 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for sillykumquat Click here to Send sillykumquat a Private Message Find more posts by sillykumquat Add sillykumquat to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SINTORMAN

RE: Hifonics Brutus BRZ1700.1D

quote:
Originally posted on 07-30-2011 by sillykumquat
I noticed that this amp doesnt have internal fusing, so i looked into fusing it to the rated 160amps but of course you can buy 160amps. I was wondering if i should buy 150amp fuses or 175 amp fuses? Also, do i just put the inline fuse right before the amp and keep the fuse right after the battery the same or can i just switch out the fuse right after the battery?

IMO you don't need a fuse before the amp. Just make sure to fuse right after the battery. Your fuse should match your wire gauge. 0 gauge needs 250 to 300 amps. 2 gauge needs 200 to 250 amp fuse. Google a power wire amp handling chart.

New Post 07-30-2011 03:21 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for SINTORMAN Click here to Send SINTORMAN a Private Message Find more posts by SINTORMAN Add SINTORMAN to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sillykumquat

Well yeah, but the amp doesnt have internal fusing. Its rated at 160 amp and if i fuse at 200amp it'll short it out

New Post 07-30-2011 03:31 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for sillykumquat Click here to Send sillykumquat a Private Message Find more posts by sillykumquat Add sillykumquat to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SINTORMAN

Lolwut.

New Post 07-30-2011 03:33 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for SINTORMAN Click here to Send SINTORMAN a Private Message Find more posts by SINTORMAN Add SINTORMAN to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SINTORMAN

It doesn't matter if it is fused or not. Your amplifier only draws the current it needs. It will not short.

New Post 07-30-2011 03:35 PM
sillykumquat

dont the amps have internal fusing so that if the power wire shorts it doesnt fry the amp?

New Post 07-30-2011 03:48 PM
SINTORMAN

Internal fusing is for internal shorts . External shorts don't hurt amps.

New Post 07-30-2011 03:59 PM
sillykumquat

since this is the only amp, if i throw a 150amp fuse in the box will that work or should i throw in a 175?

New Post 07-30-2011 04:16 PM
SINTORMAN

Fuse according to the gauge of wire you are using

New Post 07-30-2011 04:19 PM
sillykumquat

4ga. ill fuse 150amp.

New Post 07-30-2011 04:44 PM
SINTORMAN

RE:

quote:
4ga. ill fuse 150amp.

You should really upgrade to 2 gauge if you want to see rated power out of that amp.

New Post 07-30-2011 05:49 PM
sillykumquat

yeah, this amp is a beast! for now itd only be running 600wrms @4ohm on a kicker L5. When i get new subs to throw at it ill prolly redo the wires and stuff.

New Post 07-30-2011 07:47 PM
SINTORMAN

RE:

quote:
yeah, this amp is a beast! for now itd only be running 600wrms @4ohm on a kicker L5. When i get new subs to throw at it ill prolly redo the wires and stuff.

sounds good.

New Post 07-30-2011 08:10 PM
gameguru1360

yeah you definitely want to be running at 1 ohm! The brutus line is very efficient and they don't get hot at all. At medium to loud volume for 1 hour of constant playing, they only get warm provided that there is adequate ventilation in your trunk!

New Post 07-31-2011 12:44 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for gameguru1360 Click here to Send gameguru1360 a Private Message Find more posts by gameguru1360 Add gameguru1360 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sillykumquat

Yeah, im gonna run some 0ga when i throw a new set of subs. Ventilation wise, its prolly not gonna be that good. My goal is to leave enough room in my trunk for my golf clubs or a cooler. Im thinking that i will just mount my amp on the back of my rear seats.

New Post 07-31-2011 02:03 PM
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (3): [1] 2 3  Next next page

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. kaotiksyko, from , CO. Rol886, from Rockaway Beach, NY. Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. banelsonms, from Moss Point, MS. weezer4rock, from , . jaboran, from swanton, OH. N2Audio, from Lawrence, KS. wolfantry, from erie, PA. 2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. IBBumpin, from Columbus, NE. tjsaudio, from anytown, MI. punkroc719, from Winchester, VA. Andrew, from Linden, MI. #1audio, from newport, NC. torawi01, from Corpus Christi, TX. Stripedss, from Hampton, GA. NRred2, from New York, NY. becesaudio, from davao city, AL. ipodzrcool, from , AL.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting