Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
OnlineCarStereo.com
The best and biggest selection of mobile audio/stereo, multimedia/navigation and accessories at the lowest prices! Kenwood, Pioneer, Rockford Fosgate, JVC, Sony, Clarion, Jensen, Infinity, Kicker and more...
Car Audio Black Friday Sales!
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > Subwoofers and Speakers > Unknown what Amp to Use/Classic Subs
Go Back Pages (1): [1]
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
twinkiesaremycrack

Unknown what Amp to Use/Classic Subs

Hello all, I have received two classic 10" Subwoofers just the other day in mint condition(only the subs, no enclosure). They are MTX Terminators, black, with red lettering on the cone. Still made in the USA, and the magnet is huge compared to the MTX Terminators made today. I did a little research and learned these were made between 1989 and 1993? All I have is a sticker saying "8 ohms". I have been calling and walking into shop after shop asking what type of amplifier I need to hook these two up in my car, but everyone says try using google if the wattage or RMS is not on the back of the speaker. I am having no luck, and I am hoping someone on here may know of these subs, and what type of amp I need to hook up these classics. I am going to put these in a 2007 Toyota Rav 4 with a V4 engine. This is my first time dealing with subwoofers and amps, and a little help, unlike what I received from my local shops, would be extremely appreciated. Thanks for reading.

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 08-11-2011 02:34 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for twinkiesaremycrack Click here to Send twinkiesaremycrack a Private Message Find more posts by twinkiesaremycrack Add twinkiesaremycrack to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ianarian

A pair of 8ohm subs*, wired parallel* to any amplifier that is rated- 4ohm* minimum impedance. I say any because, unless are the stars are aligned, nothing will prevail.

* Please see BCAE.com for a glossary of terms.

New Post 08-11-2011 04:15 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Ianarian Click here to Send Ianarian a Private Message Find more posts by Ianarian Add Ianarian to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sicaudio

iirc they are 250 rms? lemme go look at my 10's :)

New Post 08-11-2011 12:35 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for sicaudio Click here to Send sicaudio a Private Message Find more posts by sicaudio Add sicaudio to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sicaudio

couldn't find my 10's in the closet but I did find the same era 12" road thunder 2 which were similar ( alot better IMO ) and they are 150 rms on the 1.5" coil model and 300 rms on the 2" coil model.

New Post 08-11-2011 12:38 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for sicaudio Click here to Send sicaudio a Private Message Find more posts by sicaudio Add sicaudio to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
twinkiesaremycrack

Hey, I will post some photographs, maybe that will help also.

New Post 08-11-2011 12:43 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for twinkiesaremycrack Click here to Send twinkiesaremycrack a Private Message Find more posts by twinkiesaremycrack Add twinkiesaremycrack to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
twinkiesaremycrack

Here is a short youtube video showing the actual sub, is this similar to the subwoofers you speak of? Does this help? Thanks http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pft1jn71KW4&feature=channel_video_title Looks like the 1 and 1/2 inch coil model

New Post 08-11-2011 12:57 PM
sicaudio

150 rms on those... that was a 10" wasn't it?

New Post 08-12-2011 01:41 AM
twinkiesaremycrack

Right, 10". Thanks for the info. All I need to do now is find out what kind of amp to hook up these two in a box. Thank you again.

New Post 08-12-2011 07:05 PM
newfosgatesucks

250-400 watts rms at 4 ohms....Either a mono block or any older two-channel amp that is 100-150 watts a channel/250-450 bridged.    Look on fleabay at older amps to match them...the old 2150 mtx, etc.  A thor would be a little more ballsy...

New Post 08-22-2011 09:48 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for newfosgatesucks Click here to Send newfosgatesucks a Private Message Find more posts by newfosgatesucks Add newfosgatesucks to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (1): [1]

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. kaotiksyko, from , CO. Rol886, from Rockaway Beach, NY. Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. banelsonms, from Moss Point, MS. weezer4rock, from , . jaboran, from swanton, OH. N2Audio, from Lawrence, KS. wolfantry, from erie, PA. 2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. IBBumpin, from Columbus, NE. tjsaudio, from anytown, MI. punkroc719, from Winchester, VA. Andrew, from Linden, MI. #1audio, from newport, NC. torawi01, from Corpus Christi, TX. Stripedss, from Hampton, GA. NRred2, from New York, NY. becesaudio, from davao city, AL. ipodzrcool, from , AL.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting