Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
OnlineCarStereo.com
The best and biggest selection of mobile audio/stereo, multimedia/navigation and accessories at the lowest prices! Kenwood, Pioneer, Rockford Fosgate, JVC, Sony, Clarion, Jensen, Infinity, Kicker and more...
Car Audio Black Friday Sales!
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > Amplifiers > Need help on choosing amp for new subwoofers!
Go Back Pages (2): [1] 2  Next next page
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
rconLOL

Need help on choosing amp for new subwoofers!

Hey guys! I just recently bought a new pair of subwoofers and I need help on which amplifier to choose! The name of my subs are: Kicker - 12" Dual 2-Ohm Subwoofers with Enclosure. Here is a link to where I bought them: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Kicker+-+12%22+Dual+2-Ohm+Subwoofers+with+Enclosure/9894213.p?id=1218190971670&skuId=9894213&st=12%27%20kicker&cp=1&lp=1 Please help! Thanks! -Rcon

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 08-11-2011 09:00 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for rconLOL Click here to Send rconLOL a Private Message Find more posts by rconLOL Add rconLOL to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
larrypeters86

I really hate to come off as a smartass but can you please take that back? You should have come here for advice on a sub setup before you bought that. If you insist on keeping it I'll pick an amp out for it but you could have done a whole lot better.

New Post 08-11-2011 09:15 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for larrypeters86 Click here to Send larrypeters86 a Private Message Find more posts by larrypeters86 Add larrypeters86 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
larrypeters86

http://www.woofersetc.com/p-9966-fx1400-mb-quart-400w-rms-1-channel-monoblock-formula-series-amplifier.aspx

That will work

New Post 08-11-2011 09:16 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for larrypeters86 Click here to Send larrypeters86 a Private Message Find more posts by larrypeters86 Add larrypeters86 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rconLOL

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 08-11-2011 by larrypeters86

I really hate to come off as a smartass but can you please take that back? You should have come here for advice on a sub setup before you bought that. If you insist on keeping it I'll pick an amp out for it but you could have done a whole lot better.

I havn't bought them quite yet, but i am ready to. Thanks a lot for the advice and help. I appreciate it. And sorry about that.

New Post 08-11-2011 09:18 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for rconLOL Click here to Send rconLOL a Private Message Find more posts by rconLOL Add rconLOL to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rconLOL

And why would you want me to not use those? Are they bad?

New Post 08-11-2011 09:22 PM
rconLOL

And why would you want me to not use those? Are they bad?

rconLOL

And why would you want me to not use those Are they bad

larrypeters86

RE: RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 08-11-2011 by rconLOL
I havn't bought them quite yet, but i am ready to. Thanks a lot for the advice and help. I appreciate it. And sorry about that.

Lets start all over. How much do you want to spend and can you build a box or do you really need one with the sub.What other equipment do you already have? What kind of music do you listen to?

New Post 08-11-2011 09:23 PM
rconLOL

RE:

quote:

Oh, and why wouldn't you want me to keep those? Are they bad?

New Post 08-11-2011 09:23 PM
larrypeters86

There is a whole lot of great equipment out there that isn't on the local Best buy shelf. Every time you buy something there you help pay the electric bill.

New Post 08-11-2011 09:24 PM
larrypeters86

Give me a budget for amp sub and box.

New Post 08-11-2011 09:24 PM
sicaudio

RE:

quote:

http://www.woofersetc.com/p-9966-fx1400-mb-quart-400w-rms-1-channel-monoblock-formula-series-amplifier.aspx

That will work

I have died and gone to heaven you recommended a Maxxsonics product....

get ur ass over here and help me eat this 13 pound 31" walleye I just bagged... I will even buy the beer :)

New Post 08-12-2011 01:38 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for sicaudio Click here to Send sicaudio a Private Message Find more posts by sicaudio Add sicaudio to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
larrypeters86

RE: RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 08-12-2011 by sicaudio
I have died and gone to heaven you recommended a Maxxsonics product....

get ur ass over here and help me eat this 13 pound 31" walleye I just bagged... I will even buy the beer :)

Hold off the fish fry!! He was looking at cheap subs so I reccomended a cheap amp that will get the job done. For that price...as painful as it is Yes I would take the MB Quart. He has since emailed me and I am trying to take him in a better direction.

New Post 08-12-2011 08:48 AM
sicaudio

good job! no sense in him getting started off with those crappy overpriced kicker subs.

New Post 08-12-2011 09:45 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for sicaudio Click here to Send sicaudio a Private Message Find more posts by sicaudio Add sicaudio to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
larrypeters86

Look at the product detail from best buys site.

• Geek Squad® installation is strongly recommended for this product. Please visit your local Best Buy store for details.
  • Handles up to 600W peak power (300W RMS)
    For rich sound.
  • 27-500Hz frequency response
    For a wide range of accurate sound production.
  • 99.9dB sensitivity
    Picks up lows for faithful sound reproduction.
  • Injection-molded polymineral woofer cones
    With double-stitched, ribbed foam surrounds for deep excursion. Back-braced cone design keeps each woofer rigid and stable.
  • 2 ohms impedance
    Conducts power evenly to keep the speaker at an appropriate level.
  • Steel basket
    For durability.
  • Perimeter venting system
    Helps keep the subwoofers internal components cool and working efficiently.
  • Spring post connectors
    For an easy connection.
  • Dual ported enclosure
    Features 3/4" medium-density fiberboard covered with carpet for long-lasting performance.

Who writes that garbage? A 16+ yr old kid that is their master installer? That's a boatload of bullshit.

2 ohms conducts power evenly?

99.9 senestivity?????

They really make me laugh. The sad part is that there are people that believe that bullshit.

New Post 08-12-2011 08:56 PM
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (2): [1] 2  Next next page

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. Rol886, from Rockaway Beach, NY. Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. reagan1, from Rowlett, TX. soltany, from beirut, MI. 2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. kaotiksyko, from , CO. banelsonms, from Moss Point, MS. weezer4rock, from , . jaboran, from swanton, OH. N2Audio, from Lawrence, KS. wolfantry, from erie, PA. IBBumpin, from Columbus, NE. tjsaudio, from anytown, MI. punkroc719, from Winchester, VA. Andrew, from Linden, MI. #1audio, from newport, NC. torawi01, from Corpus Christi, TX. Stripedss, from Hampton, GA. NRred2, from New York, NY.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting