Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
OnlineCarStereo.com
The best and biggest selection of mobile audio/stereo, multimedia/navigation and accessories at the lowest prices! Kenwood, Pioneer, Rockford Fosgate, JVC, Sony, Clarion, Jensen, Infinity, Kicker and more...
Car Audio Black Friday Sales!
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > Subwoofers and Speakers > Front stage
Go Back Pages (2): [1] 2  Next next page
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
larrypeters86

Front stage

Just curious....How much power do you have on your front stage? Active or passive?

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 08-11-2011 09:34 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for larrypeters86 Click here to Send larrypeters86 a Private Message Find more posts by larrypeters86 Add larrypeters86 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
recover

New Post 08-11-2011 10:29 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for recover Click here to Send recover a Private Message Find more posts by recover Add recover to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sicaudio

JBL/Crown A3000 at 8 ohms stereo 2 way Active and detuned as much as it will go lol

New Post 08-12-2011 01:43 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for sicaudio Click here to Send sicaudio a Private Message Find more posts by sicaudio Add sicaudio to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
KJM01

75w/ passive.......for now

New Post 08-12-2011 10:31 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for KJM01 Click here to Send KJM01 a Private Message Find more posts by KJM01 Add KJM01 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
gameguru1360

200w active in the front, 40w passive in the rear

New Post 08-12-2011 02:19 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for gameguru1360 Click here to Send gameguru1360 a Private Message Find more posts by gameguru1360 Add gameguru1360 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SentraStyleEMW

Running 150 x 2 (Alpine MRV-1507) to my mids and 50 x 2 (Alpine MRV-T407) to my tweets.  Running active to a set of Polk Audio SR6500's and an Alpine PXA-H701 processor.

New Post 08-12-2011 07:15 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for SentraStyleEMW Click here to Send SentraStyleEMW a Private Message Find more posts by SentraStyleEMW Add SentraStyleEMW to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
larrypeters86

It seems like everyone that posted so far realizes how important a good front stage is. My reason for being curious is the majority of topics here are revolving around how many thousands of watts can I have on my sub kinda things. It makes me wonder how many people actually have a balanced system.  How often do we see a thread asking how low should I cross my mids?

New Post 08-12-2011 08:47 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for larrypeters86 Click here to Send larrypeters86 a Private Message Find more posts by larrypeters86 Add larrypeters86 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sicaudio

yeah I get it alot on ROE... i ask about front stage and get the deer in the headlight look... everyone wants to spend gobs of money on all bass and shit themselves when they realize comparable front stage costs just as much if not more...

New Post 08-13-2011 12:32 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for sicaudio Click here to Send sicaudio a Private Message Find more posts by sicaudio Add sicaudio to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
larrypeters86

And most people are completely unaware of the rewards.  

New Post 08-13-2011 09:48 AM
recover

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 08-13-2011 by sicaudio
yeah I get it alot on ROE... i ask about front stage and get the deer in the headlight look... everyone wants to spend gobs of money on all bass and shit themselves when they realize comparable front stage costs just as much if not more...

Cost more!

New Post 08-13-2011 10:34 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for recover Click here to Send recover a Private Message Find more posts by recover Add recover to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
recover

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 08-12-2011 by larrypeters86

It seems like everyone that posted so far realizes how important a good front stage is. My reason for being curious is the majority of topics here are revolving around how many thousands of watts can I have on my sub kinda things. It makes me wonder how many people actually have a balanced system.  How often do we see a thread asking how low should I cross my mids?

Yea I just got off the phone with CDT to find out how much lower I could go with my front stage. It's at 80 hz now but I would like to get it down to at least 70 cause I don't like the way my subs sound on those higher notes. When I first got them they recommended running them at 90 hz and in my opinion that is to high but was told yesterday they would play all the way down to 60 but with some power handling loss.

New Post 08-13-2011 10:42 AM
sicaudio

RE: RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 08-13-2011 by recover
Cost more!

mine cost a ton more... i have a crown a3000... more power than my substage by about double... and my bostons and mbq sigs were more than most peoples entire systems cost...

New Post 08-13-2011 11:23 AM
recover

RE: RE: RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 08-13-2011 by sicaudio
mine cost a ton more... i have a crown a3000... more power than my substage by about double... and my bostons and mbq sigs were more than most peoples entire systems cost...

How do those new MBq Q series comps sound? Have you had a chance to try them out? They look pretty sweet.

New Post 08-13-2011 09:28 PM
recover

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 08-11-2011 by recover

That's passive by the way. What are the pros. and cons with passive and active? I'm Assuming the main positive about passive is it's easier?

New Post 08-13-2011 09:34 PM
larrypeters86

The benefits are huge. I think I have written up the advantages at least 10 times here. Feeling lazy...let me find one of the threads.

New Post 08-13-2011 09:36 PM
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (2): [1] 2  Next next page

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
kaotiksyko, from , CO. RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. Rol886, from Rockaway Beach, NY. Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. banelsonms, from Moss Point, MS. weezer4rock, from , . jaboran, from swanton, OH. N2Audio, from Lawrence, KS. wolfantry, from erie, PA. 2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. IBBumpin, from Columbus, NE. tjsaudio, from anytown, MI. punkroc719, from Winchester, VA. Andrew, from Linden, MI. #1audio, from newport, NC. torawi01, from Corpus Christi, TX. Stripedss, from Hampton, GA. NRred2, from New York, NY. becesaudio, from davao city, AL. ipodzrcool, from , AL.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting