Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
OnlineCarStereo.com
The best and biggest selection of mobile audio/stereo, multimedia/navigation and accessories at the lowest prices! Kenwood, Pioneer, Rockford Fosgate, JVC, Sony, Clarion, Jensen, Infinity, Kicker and more...
Car Audio Black Friday Sales!
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > Subwoofers and Speakers > sic read here please
Go Back Pages (5): [1] 2 3 4 5  Next next page
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
one_crazy_dude

sic read here please

what up sic. i am one_crazy_dude (aka Ricardo) from carstereo.com looking for a new project(i'am board) and was looking at 3 or 4 eight inch subs. i have been looking around at all different price ranges and really the good ones like dd,tc, all require large boxes and i want a smaller foot print. i had in the past 2 tang band 8 and they kicked ass ported in a 1 cubic foot after displacement but the spiders tore on them so many times i told parts express to refund and they were kind enough to do so. my amp is an audio-pipe 1500d so i am looking for subs that would equal up to about 1000watts( don't think amp puts out 1500 watts and well i never pushed it)i have now it 2 RE SE 10's now in 2.75 cubes and would like to get a bit smaller maybe 1.75 cubes. got anything of the sort? thanks

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 08-14-2011 04:38 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for one_crazy_dude Click here to Send one_crazy_dude a Private Message Find more posts by one_crazy_dude Add one_crazy_dude to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sicaudio

ummmm I dunno who said TC doesnt like small boxes but they were dead wrong they are spec'd for .5 sealed and wang like a mofo in 1cf ported for the 8" epics... i dont "have" anything but a couple used 10" KW tornadoes and a single RFz 8"

New Post 08-15-2011 03:46 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for sicaudio Click here to Send sicaudio a Private Message Find more posts by sicaudio Add sicaudio to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
one_crazy_dude

Thanks for the reply. If any thing comes around hit me up, aim still still searching the net. Gonna double check the tc at parts express and see what's up.

New Post 08-15-2011 04:57 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for one_crazy_dude Click here to Send one_crazy_dude a Private Message Find more posts by one_crazy_dude Add one_crazy_dude to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sicaudio

http://www.parts-express.com/docs/manuals/293-657-tc-sounds-epic-8-inch-dvc-subwoofer-tc-sounds-epic-8-dvc-subwoofer-manual.pdf

the specs just scream small box... low vas and cms...good qts... it is all right there :)

in fact I am designing a 4th order using 4 of them now... 1.5 sealed and 2.5 vented tuned at 45hz it will drop to 25 with authority and still hammer hard at 60 :)

New Post 08-15-2011 11:08 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for sicaudio Click here to Send sicaudio a Private Message Find more posts by sicaudio Add sicaudio to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
one_crazy_dude

All right here is the b/s story :) each is 500 watts and don't have enough power for 3 or 4 of them. Now the truth, I was hoping to spend $200 or less I was looking at some re re 8 " on eBay and haven't really found anything in the price rang. Ive looked at kicker and and other main stream but I like to be different than all the young boys around here. If any thing pops up shoot me a pm, in the mean time I will continue my search. Later

New Post 08-17-2011 06:00 PM
sicaudio

mosey over to parts express some of the daytons or other tang bands will do that so would ( dont smack me ) some of the Pyles for the money the pyle subs are actually not bad in a 4th order... it shadows their dullness and brings out the sq they can have. we did 4 of the cheap 400 rms ( iirc ) 12" square pyles in a 6th order for shits n grins and were blown away at the output and sq both...it was very loud and clean....have you looked on caco yet?

New Post 08-17-2011 06:56 PM
one_crazy_dude

alright sic. i wound up getting the 4 re's at what i think is a good price http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=400236590129&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649 $148 for all 4 with free shipping i think is all good. now to start designing a box to fit behind the seats in the hatch. some thing new to play with, i almost feel like a little kid with my first pyle's and a pyramid amp way back in late 80's early 90's :) thanks for your help but if i run into problems with the box can i call on you for help? X) later sic EDIT: the link only sends to the listing page and not my winning page. i made a few offers till one was accepted.

New Post 08-17-2011 11:41 PM
one_crazy_dude

how do i add spaces between everything i have wrote? i dont even want to read my last posting.and space bar/enter dos not to the trick :(

New Post 08-17-2011 11:53 PM
one_crazy_dude

Edit: repost

New Post 08-17-2011 11:54 PM
sicaudio

use the break command ( or internet explorer lol ) it is < then BR then > "
" minus the quotes:)

and of course you can ask anytime man :)

New Post 08-18-2011 02:24 AM
sicaudio

< br > with no spaces...

New Post 08-18-2011 02:25 AM
gameguru1360

either < br > or < p > without the spaces... sure wish this site supported php coding!!!

New Post 08-18-2011 06:03 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for gameguru1360 Click here to Send gameguru1360 a Private Message Find more posts by gameguru1360 Add gameguru1360 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
one_crazy_dude

Thank you for the info. Little up date, the family came today. Here some pictures Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos I hooked them up to my home theater sub out (it's raining where I am at) and they sound clean and deep. Nice

New Post 08-19-2011 06:28 PM
gameguru1360

what kind of amp do you have powering these and since they're your home subs, how do you have them firing?? forward? down??

New Post 08-19-2011 06:31 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for gameguru1360 Click here to Send gameguru1360 a Private Message Find more posts by gameguru1360 Add gameguru1360 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
one_crazy_dude

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 08-19-2011 by gameguru1360
what kind of amp do you have powering these and since they're your home subs, how do you have them firing?? forward? down??

They are going in my car when I build the new box (will be the next set of pictures) I used my home theater unit to get some sound out of them. The car has an audio pipe 1500d

New Post 08-19-2011 07:05 PM
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (5): [1] 2 3 4 5  Next next page

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. kaotiksyko, from , CO. Rol886, from Rockaway Beach, NY. Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. banelsonms, from Moss Point, MS. weezer4rock, from , . jaboran, from swanton, OH. N2Audio, from Lawrence, KS. wolfantry, from erie, PA. 2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. IBBumpin, from Columbus, NE. tjsaudio, from anytown, MI. punkroc719, from Winchester, VA. Andrew, from Linden, MI. #1audio, from newport, NC. torawi01, from Corpus Christi, TX. Stripedss, from Hampton, GA. NRred2, from New York, NY. becesaudio, from davao city, AL. ipodzrcool, from , AL.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting