Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
OnlineCarStereo.com
The best and biggest selection of mobile audio/stereo, multimedia/navigation and accessories at the lowest prices! Kenwood, Pioneer, Rockford Fosgate, JVC, Sony, Clarion, Jensen, Infinity, Kicker and more...
Car Audio Black Friday Sales!
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > Amplifiers > help on new system!
Go Back Pages (1): [1]
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply

help on new system!

i recently bought a 2011 kicker l7 15 2 ohm and a kicker zx2500.1.and now ive heard that this amp is way to much for my sub even if its turned down i was eventualluy gonna get two thats why i got the amp.now im thinking on getting a kicker zx1500.1 need some opinoins on this Thanks.

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 08-18-2011 02:00 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for 409 Click here to Send 409 a Private Message Find more posts by 409 Add 409 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SINTORMAN

Why would you buy another amp if you already have the 2500? And it isn't too much for the sub if you gain set it right.

New Post 08-18-2011 03:22 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for SINTORMAN Click here to Send SINTORMAN a Private Message Find more posts by SINTORMAN Add SINTORMAN to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
gameguru1360

yeah just keep the 2500.1 amp and get different brand subs...maybe 2 SA-12's or one SA-15. Never turn up the amp gain like a volume gainn!

New Post 08-18-2011 06:04 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for gameguru1360 Click here to Send gameguru1360 a Private Message Find more posts by gameguru1360 Add gameguru1360 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sicaudio

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 08-18-2011 by SINTORMAN
Why would you buy another amp if you already have the 2500? And it isn't too much for the sub if you gain set it right.

^^^^^^^^^^^^this right here is your answer...

while I never recommend it to novices I do run well over 1000 rms to L7 subs... I have a customers car outside at this very minute on a 2kw Brutus amp on 1 12" L7.... he has had it since I installed it over 3 yrs ago...

New Post 08-18-2011 08:52 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for sicaudio Click here to Send sicaudio a Private Message Find more posts by sicaudio Add sicaudio to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
gameguru1360

I always thought it was better to have an amp with more power than a sub can handle provided that you set the gains right but that the amp doesn't have to work as hard and not risk clipping when you innadvertently crank that gain.

New Post 08-19-2011 02:01 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for gameguru1360 Click here to Send gameguru1360 a Private Message Find more posts by gameguru1360 Add gameguru1360 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sicaudio

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 08-19-2011 by gameguru1360
I always thought it was better to have an amp with more power than a sub can handle provided that you set the gains right but that the amp doesn't have to work as hard and not risk clipping when you innadvertently crank that gain.

Bingo.... it is called headroom :)

New Post 08-20-2011 08:52 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for sicaudio Click here to Send sicaudio a Private Message Find more posts by sicaudio Add sicaudio to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (1): [1]

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
kaotiksyko, from , CO. RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. Rol886, from Rockaway Beach, NY. Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. banelsonms, from Moss Point, MS. weezer4rock, from , . jaboran, from swanton, OH. N2Audio, from Lawrence, KS. wolfantry, from erie, PA. 2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. IBBumpin, from Columbus, NE. tjsaudio, from anytown, MI. punkroc719, from Winchester, VA. Andrew, from Linden, MI. #1audio, from newport, NC. torawi01, from Corpus Christi, TX. Stripedss, from Hampton, GA. NRred2, from New York, NY. becesaudio, from davao city, AL. ipodzrcool, from , AL.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting