Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
SonicElectronix.com - 1-877-BUY-SONIC
Up to $30.00 in FREE custom install kits on select car stereos. Largest selection online, great prices, Daily Deals and FREE shipping on most products. We are an authorized dealer for Infinity, JBL, JVC, Kicker, MTX, Vibe, RE Audio and others.
Car Audio Black Friday Sales!
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > Amplifiers > jl 500/1 help.
Go Back Pages (1): [1]
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
jsredlineracer

jl 500/1 help.

I have had the system for a while but I thought of selling the car so I removed the mids and high eclipse amp along with the d3 in dash, but I left the 2 12"s with the 500/1 amp in the car everything was working fine on both cars untill yesterday I decided to put everything back into my car. When I give it battery power initially both amps cut on for like 30 secs then shut off. When I turn the ignition switch on the the dash turns on my mids and high amp works fine. But my jl amp won't do anything at all. The only time it shows any sign of life is if u take either the power or the ground off and hook it back in wich case the light turns on for about 30 secs then shuts off and nothing. Only thing that is new to the system is a capacitor that I put in. I have it wired from the batterry to a cap under the driver seat, and from there 1 goes to the mids and high under the passenger seat and other to the 500/1 in the trunk. So far I have unplugged and replugged everything and made sure everything was tight atleast 20 times. Also ran a test remote from the eclipse amp under the passenger seat to the one in the trunk thinking the remothe might have gone bad but nothing. Please any help or comments would be greatly appreciated as I was up untill like 3 last night trying to figure it out and had no luck. Thanks for looking

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 08-20-2011 09:26 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for jsredlineracer Click here to Send jsredlineracer a Private Message Find more posts by jsredlineracer Add jsredlineracer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ianarian

Verify, verify and verify. Verify on known good. Assess what you know.

New Post 08-21-2011 03:48 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Ianarian Click here to Send Ianarian a Private Message Find more posts by Ianarian Add Ianarian to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jsredlineracer

Ok so I went ahead and put the amplifier under the passenger seat were the working amp was just to see if I got power. But still nothing. Could it be the capacitor?

New Post 08-21-2011 05:27 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for jsredlineracer Click here to Send jsredlineracer a Private Message Find more posts by jsredlineracer Add jsredlineracer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jayone

This was happening to my friend's car and it turned out that his cap wasnt charged, did u properly charge your cap?

New Post 08-24-2011 10:30 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for jayone Click here to Send jayone a Private Message Find more posts by jayone Add jayone to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sicaudio

how bout just yank the cap completely then test again and never put it back in...

New Post 08-24-2011 11:02 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for sicaudio Click here to Send sicaudio a Private Message Find more posts by sicaudio Add sicaudio to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jayone

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 08-24-2011 by sicaudio
how bout just yank the cap completely then test again and never put it back in...

Lol, caps are useless but they look cool

New Post 08-24-2011 11:23 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for jayone Click here to Send jayone a Private Message Find more posts by jayone Add jayone to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jsredlineracer

New Post 08-27-2011 02:43 PM
jsredlineracer

jsredlineracer

So I hadn't had any time to spend on it untill today. I just removed the cap and just joinedthe ends that were meeting at the cap. And still get the same result. When I remove ground or powerfrom the amp and plug it back in it will light up for about 20 or 30 seconds and then that's it. Won't give any more lights after that. What weirds me out is that the other amp works fine, and this one was working fine untill I messed with it. Sory about the spam was trying to post through my phone and it kept giving me error made a video, i think it will explain itself better than i can. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2I6_RbyIow

jsredlineracer

OMG im about to shoot myself. i just started messing with the setting and there was one that said signal sensing and it was set to on, i had to set it to off and boom it cut on. 1 week with no bass because of a ****************************** little switch.

New Post 08-27-2011 04:50 PM
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (1): [1]

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. soltany, from beirut, MI. Rol886, from Rockaway Beach, NY. 2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. kaotiksyko, from , CO. banelsonms, from Moss Point, MS. weezer4rock, from , . jaboran, from swanton, OH. N2Audio, from Lawrence, KS. wolfantry, from erie, PA. IBBumpin, from Columbus, NE. tjsaudio, from anytown, MI. punkroc719, from Winchester, VA. Andrew, from Linden, MI. #1audio, from newport, NC. torawi01, from Corpus Christi, TX. Stripedss, from Hampton, GA. NRred2, from New York, NY. becesaudio, from davao city, AL.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting