Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
OnlineCarStereo.com
The best and biggest selection of mobile audio/stereo, multimedia/navigation and accessories at the lowest prices! Kenwood, Pioneer, Rockford Fosgate, JVC, Sony, Clarion, Jensen, Infinity, Kicker and more...
Car Audio Black Friday Sales!
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > Amplifiers > arc audio vs hifonics brutus amps
Go Back Pages (2): [1] 2  Next next page
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
gameguru1360

arc audio vs hifonics brutus amps

between the 2, which one does better for rated power?? For sound quality, which is the better amp??

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 08-22-2011 05:17 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for gameguru1360 Click here to Send gameguru1360 a Private Message Find more posts by gameguru1360 Add gameguru1360 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sicaudio

are you really trying to compare Arc to Brutus?....a MT olympus or MBquart Q series ...ok I could see that... but a brutus?... they are great value for the money but really? vs ARC????

New Post 08-23-2011 12:13 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for sicaudio Click here to Send sicaudio a Private Message Find more posts by sicaudio Add sicaudio to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
gameguru1360

well as I'm not a dealer, I'm kind of clueless on which one ranks higher...I used to be a big PowerAcoustik and Audiopipe fan!!

So if I replaced a HF Hfi 100.2 with an arc audio 2 channel amp, I'd definitely hear a big difference??

New Post 08-23-2011 12:30 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for gameguru1360 Click here to Send gameguru1360 a Private Message Find more posts by gameguru1360 Add gameguru1360 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sicaudio

huge... ARC is expensive for a good reason....the hfi is a decent lower mid level amp... the zxi and bre are a ton better and the Q series and Mt Olympus are even better...

New Post 08-23-2011 02:53 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for sicaudio Click here to Send sicaudio a Private Message Find more posts by sicaudio Add sicaudio to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sicaudio

unless ur upgrading for more power or to run active etc I dont understand why ya would tho...

New Post 08-23-2011 02:54 PM
daman357

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 08-23-2011 by gameguru1360
well as I'm not a dealer, I'm kind of clueless on which one ranks higher...I used to be a big PowerAcoustik and Audiopipe fan!!

So if I replaced a HF Hfi 100.2 with an arc audio 2 channel amp, I'd definitely hear a big difference??

spend the extra money for better quality. and get rid of that brz.

New Post 08-23-2011 04:00 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for daman357 Click here to Send daman357 a Private Message Find more posts by daman357 Add daman357 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
gameguru1360

I would go with the brz, but after looking more closely at the frequency specs, the brz or zxi 2 channel don't produce that high frequencies... My hf 6.5" comps support up to 29k and the brz only goes up to about 15k. Yeah I know the human ear can only hear up to about 19k or so, but still...

New Post 08-23-2011 04:20 PM
daman357

RE:

quote:
I would go with the brz, but after looking more closely at the frequency specs, the brz or zxi 2 channel don't produce that high frequencies... My hf 6.5" comps support up to 29k and the brz only goes up to about 15k. Yeah I know the human ear can only hear up to about 19k or so, but still...

check out cadence brU

New Post 08-23-2011 04:30 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for daman357 Click here to Send daman357 a Private Message Find more posts by daman357 Add daman357 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
larrypeters86

RE:

quote:

are you serious? are those specs from their site?

New Post 08-23-2011 08:29 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for larrypeters86 Click here to Send larrypeters86 a Private Message Find more posts by larrypeters86 Add larrypeters86 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
larrypeters86

RE:

quote:

You really need to re read the manual. The frequency range is 10-45 the HPF is 10-15k

New Post 08-23-2011 08:58 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for larrypeters86 Click here to Send larrypeters86 a Private Message Find more posts by larrypeters86 Add larrypeters86 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
gameguru1360

I have the HF hfi100.2 and it only goes up to about 12k for the HPF...it's ok for now

New Post 08-24-2011 11:42 AM
sicaudio

http://www.maxxsonics.net/manuals/hifonics/pdfs/Hifonics%20HFi%202010%20Amplifier%20Manual.pdf

you do understand that the hpf is where the freq starts at and goes up from right? that means if you set it at 10k it only plays from 10 up... as in 10k to 30k etc..

New Post 08-24-2011 12:38 PM
sicaudio

RE:

quote:

the zxi are 15 hz to 45 khz...may wanna read the manual lol and fwiw Daman ur opinion doesn't count....Arc will shit all over either amp.. and a zxi will assrape the crescendo in sq and actual power output...

New Post 08-24-2011 12:43 PM
gameguru1360

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 08-24-2011 by sicaudio
http://www.maxxsonics.net/manuals/hifonics/pdfs/Hifonics%20HFi%202010%20Amplifier%20Manual.pdf

you do understand that the hpf is where the freq starts at and goes up from right? that means if you set it at 10k it only plays from 10 up... as in 10k to 30k etc..

yeah I guess I got a brainn fart...mixed the LPF with the HPF concept!

maybe I'll focus on getting better 6.5" comps

New Post 08-24-2011 01:27 PM
sicaudio

for now I would concentrate on ur install like adding deadener where the flange touches the car. it makes a huge difference. then get better mids then get a better amp.

the hfi is a decent starter budget amp the zxi is much better but costs alot more... an ARC would make u pee urself lolz

New Post 08-24-2011 11:08 PM
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (2): [1] 2  Next next page

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. Rol886, from Rockaway Beach, NY. Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. reagan1, from Rowlett, TX. soltany, from beirut, MI. 2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. kaotiksyko, from , CO. banelsonms, from Moss Point, MS. weezer4rock, from , . jaboran, from swanton, OH. N2Audio, from Lawrence, KS. wolfantry, from erie, PA. IBBumpin, from Columbus, NE. tjsaudio, from anytown, MI. punkroc719, from Winchester, VA. Andrew, from Linden, MI. #1audio, from newport, NC. torawi01, from Corpus Christi, TX. Stripedss, from Hampton, GA. NRred2, from New York, NY.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting