Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
SonicElectronix.com - 1-877-BUY-SONIC
Up to $30.00 in FREE custom install kits on select car stereos. Largest selection online, great prices, Daily Deals and FREE shipping on most products. We are an authorized dealer for Infinity, JBL, JVC, Kicker, MTX, Vibe, RE Audio and others.
Car Audio Black Friday Sales!
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > Amplifiers > amp JBL GTO75.4 the volume go down suddenly (half of the power) and then (after 10 -
Go Back Pages (1): [1]
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
apalon83

amp JBL GTO75.4 the volume go down suddenly (half of the power) and then (after 10 -

hi
on one channel of (front) my amp JBL GTO75.4 the volume go down suddenly (half of the power) and then (after 10 - 60) minuets go back to normal and that happen again and again..... I had switched AMP channels inputs and outputs and realized that the problem is in the AMP itself. In edition I had noticed that the problem come more when it's a warm day.
findings:
- no protection and warning lights are blink or on.

please tell me, what can be the problem or which element or component I need to suspect .

Best regards
Ilia

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 08-24-2011 02:48 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for apalon83 Click here to Send apalon83 a Private Message Find more posts by apalon83 Add apalon83 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SINTORMAN

Check your connections on the output terminals of the amp and the connection of the wire to the speaker itself. You need to try switching the speakers on the amp to truly see if the problem is internal.

New Post 08-24-2011 04:14 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for SINTORMAN Click here to Send SINTORMAN a Private Message Find more posts by SINTORMAN Add SINTORMAN to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sicaudio

sounds like it is going into thermal protect...

New Post 08-24-2011 11:04 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for sicaudio Click here to Send sicaudio a Private Message Find more posts by sicaudio Add sicaudio to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
apalon83

SINTORMAN
Thanks for a quick replay guys!

SINTORMAN:
i checked all the connection and switch between them and I'm sure that it is a internal problem - when I switch the outputs, the problem going from left speaker to the right speaker and when I switch the input the problem stay on the same channel. also I'd change my radio disk and check the wire between the radio disk and the amp. so if it is an internal problem - what can it be?

sicaudio:
if it is a thermal protect, shouldn't the protection light be on or blinking? I'd read JBL specs they telling that if the thermal protect is activated - some warning light will shining and there will be no sound at all...

New Post 08-25-2011 02:24 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for apalon83 Click here to Send apalon83 a Private Message Find more posts by apalon83 Add apalon83 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sicaudio

not always... if the light has failed or if it is borderline it may never light up or cut out completely... does the amp get really hot cuz even tho they are AB amps they are quite efficient and only run warm not hot. may be voltage drop also...

New Post 08-25-2011 01:08 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for sicaudio Click here to Send sicaudio a Private Message Find more posts by sicaudio Add sicaudio to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ianarian

Bridge the 2 speakers to mono and see if anything odd happens in that mode.

New Post 08-26-2011 02:47 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Ianarian Click here to Send Ianarian a Private Message Find more posts by Ianarian Add Ianarian to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
newfosgatesucks

Rca connections.   THe ones on the amp itself.  Wiggle rca cables while on them and check? 

maybe even grime in the clarostat/lpad/potentiometer that meters gain input.  play with it and see if a prob exists....most are vented for cleaning.

Just two uneducated guesses...

New Post 09-17-2011 02:11 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for newfosgatesucks Click here to Send newfosgatesucks a Private Message Find more posts by newfosgatesucks Add newfosgatesucks to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
crummorton

i had an amp do this once to me was the speak conn. on the amp it self,was loose and i took a piece of plastic from 4 gauge i stipped and wedged in there keep it playing,lol when in high school 20 years ago

New Post 09-21-2011 08:12 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for crummorton Click here to Send crummorton a Private Message Find more posts by crummorton Add crummorton to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
apalon83

thank you guys!! - the problem was solved

The problem was at the input wire to the AMP from reviser.

New Post 10-01-2011 07:26 AM
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (1): [1]

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. Rol886, from Rockaway Beach, NY. Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. reagan1, from Rowlett, TX. soltany, from beirut, MI. 2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. kaotiksyko, from , CO. banelsonms, from Moss Point, MS. weezer4rock, from , . jaboran, from swanton, OH. N2Audio, from Lawrence, KS. wolfantry, from erie, PA. IBBumpin, from Columbus, NE. tjsaudio, from anytown, MI. punkroc719, from Winchester, VA. Andrew, from Linden, MI. #1audio, from newport, NC. torawi01, from Corpus Christi, TX. Stripedss, from Hampton, GA. NRred2, from New York, NY.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting