Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
OnlineCarStereo.com
The best and biggest selection of mobile audio/stereo, multimedia/navigation and accessories at the lowest prices! Kenwood, Pioneer, Rockford Fosgate, JVC, Sony, Clarion, Jensen, Infinity, Kicker and more...
Car Audio Black Friday Sales!
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > Subwoofers and Speakers > old alpine R
Go Back Pages (2): [1] 2  Next next page
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
smmorgan18

old alpine R

So im intrested in buying this old alpine type R, what im assuming is an aline type R. ive got one picture to go off of, and no other info than that. the guy told me its an old silver type R. For the most part the cone is silver but has a red dust plate in the centerthat says 1000w across the bottom, alpine in the center and a weird feathery thing across the top. ring a bell to anyone?

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 08-28-2011 03:00 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for smmorgan18 Click here to Send smmorgan18 a Private Message Find more posts by smmorgan18 Add smmorgan18 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
one_crazy_dude

Can you post that picture. Some thing dos'nt sound right with the description of this sub.

older type r

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

newer type r

hope this helps.

New Post 08-28-2011 04:16 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for one_crazy_dude Click here to Send one_crazy_dude a Private Message Find more posts by one_crazy_dude Add one_crazy_dude to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SentraStyleEMW

RE: old alpine R

quote:
Originally posted on 08-28-2011 by smmorgan18

So im intrested in buying this old alpine type R, what im assuming is an aline type R. ive got one picture to go off of, and no other info than that. the guy told me its an old silver type R. For the most part the cone is silver but has a red dust plate in the centerthat says 1000w across the bottom, alpine in the center and a weird feathery thing across the top. ring a bell to anyone?

I think I have seen the sub you are describing on ebay before.  I don't even think it is really an Alpine (looked like a bootleg sub to me).  The old type R and the new type R's look pretty much the same cosmetically except for the difference in the surround (the newer ones have a ribbed surround). I would stay away from it if I were you.

New Post 08-28-2011 09:37 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for SentraStyleEMW Click here to Send SentraStyleEMW a Private Message Find more posts by SentraStyleEMW Add SentraStyleEMW to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
smmorgan18

He says that it is years old, but its two of those same subs and a 1k kenwood amp for 120$, one of those "sounds too good to be true" things.....embaressed to say, but how do I post a pic within the text?

New Post 08-28-2011 11:40 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for smmorgan18 Click here to Send smmorgan18 a Private Message Find more posts by smmorgan18 Add smmorgan18 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
smmorgan18

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 08-28-2011 by one_crazy_dude
Can you post that picture. Some thing dos'nt sound right with the description of this sub.

older type r

newer type r

hope this helps.

here is the pic, says alpine 1000wt, i just have no clue other than what i see http://i489.photobucket.com/albums/rr257/smith_switchblade/oldalpinw.jpg

New Post 08-31-2011 03:08 PM
smmorgan18

another pic

here is a link to another pic of the sub, http://i489.photobucket.com/albums/rr257/smith_switchblade/oldalpinw.jpg

New Post 08-31-2011 03:13 PM
smmorgan18

another pic

here is another picture link, help lol i really wanna know what these things are. [IMG]http://i489.photobucket.com/albums/rr257/smith_switchblade/oldalpine2.jpg[/IMG]

New Post 08-31-2011 03:20 PM
sicaudio

it is a fake... the original R from Japan ( I have 8 in my brothers van ) do look dif than all the rest but that aint even close... and the pic that shows the basket clearly says DELCO on it on the sticker if ya blow it up and enhance it...

New Post 08-31-2011 03:36 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for sicaudio Click here to Send sicaudio a Private Message Find more posts by sicaudio Add sicaudio to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
smmorgan18

damn

Im not calling youa liar, i believe you. but where exactly does it say delco? i cant see it, i see on the barcode it says price and a number, then to the left and bottom of the mag is says fabrica. but hey 100 bucks for two of these subs and a 1k kenwood amp, would be worth it, at least for the amp right?

New Post 08-31-2011 04:13 PM
sicaudio

not even close to worth 100 imho... kw amps are worse than AP imo.. look at the top left tiny word across the edge of the sticker.. either way regardless of what it says it doesn't say SONY... and SONY never used labels like that or baskets like that for the Type R subs.. they were all CAST ......

it actually says price not DELCO... same point stands tho.. it aint a TYPE R lolz

New Post 09-01-2011 12:47 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for sicaudio Click here to Send sicaudio a Private Message Find more posts by sicaudio Add sicaudio to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
smmorgan18

Well ill take your word for it, you seem to be the wiz-kid around here Sic, got two type r 10s, now the ideal enclousure would be what? I'm a rocker and like a clean and crisp thump. Ideas?

New Post 09-01-2011 06:18 AM
sicaudio

1cf sealed or 1.25 ported at 34hz feed them around 500-700 rms and keep the port area small. don't fall for the 12-16"-^2 per cube rule cuz they really hate lots of port...for a slot port go no more than 9^2" per cube and no more than 6^2" for round.

New Post 09-01-2011 10:38 AM
smmorgan18

thanks

Hey Sic thanks for the help....although it wont matter know cause i have to spen money on a new fuel pump...fml haha

New Post 09-01-2011 02:59 PM
sicaudio

them pumps sure are spendy eh? people freak when they find out their pump on some cars require the whole sender unit to be replaced as well at 350 plus labor lol

New Post 09-01-2011 04:38 PM
smmorgan18

fantastic, screw labor cost, do it my self, 98 jetta, hopefully the damage wont be too bad haha

New Post 09-01-2011 04:52 PM
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (2): [1] 2  Next next page

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. kaotiksyko, from , CO. Rol886, from Rockaway Beach, NY. Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. banelsonms, from Moss Point, MS. weezer4rock, from , . jaboran, from swanton, OH. N2Audio, from Lawrence, KS. wolfantry, from erie, PA. IBBumpin, from Columbus, NE. tjsaudio, from anytown, MI. punkroc719, from Winchester, VA. Andrew, from Linden, MI. #1audio, from newport, NC. torawi01, from Corpus Christi, TX. Stripedss, from Hampton, GA. NRred2, from New York, NY. becesaudio, from davao city, AL. ipodzrcool, from , AL.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting